What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett Talking Like A Complete Loser!

Mr Saab

Referee
The media would still find something to whinge about.
What if Australia had selected the Skandalis', prince's. farrash's, bowen's...etc...and lost? Bennett would have been questioned about why they lost...do you think it would have been better to select the "tried and true" performers.

Charlie.....he selected Tate and Mason because he felt sorry about their injuries.

Then he let Hindmarsh go because he was injured.

Then he re-selected Hindmarsh a week later to replace a winger!!!

Misty Bee

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
The media would still find something to whinge about.
What if Australia had selected the Skandalis', prince's. farrash's, bowen's...etc...and lost? Bennett would have been questioned about why they lost...do you think it would have been better to select the "tried and true" performers.

What if... what if....

Maybe if Bennet had selected a decent team THEY MIGHT HAVE WON!!!!!!!!!!

The media isn't 'giving it' to Bennet - a groundswell of angst in the general public, including some promint League men, are questioning the side. They were doing so pre game. They are not bagginh him for losing, its for thnigs like ditching the worlds best backrower - with a guarantee of fitness, for an injured dud because the dud injured himself in the USA and Wayne felt sorry for him. It s for picking 1 player in the test that played in the GF. It's for posting a large forward in the centres for most of the match, rather than slot his beloved out-of-form pivot back to fullback where he gained his reputation. It's for not bothering with a game plan.

You know, minor stuff like that.

bartman

Immortal
nospam49™ said:
If a professional footballer needs more motovation then the $200,000+ that gets deposited into their bank account over the course of a year then they need to be give the punt.
If that's the case, then why do you care what a coach says in a press conference, and why are you calling for "huge changes to the entire system" as a result of the (so far *edit - un*referenced) quote? :? Make your mind up LF, or was this another case of blowing random hot air...

Mr Saab

Referee
facts misty...
1. wayne is not the team Dr...Hugh Hazard is . It was hugh that didnt pass Nathan. Not Wayne. Wayne is not the Dr, but hey, why ignore that hey Misty!

2. You have no idea if there wasa game plan. Pure assumption on your part and further shows your twisted dislike for Wayne

3. Prominent league men? Who are they? Tell me. What? Matthew Ridge? Yeah he is really going to say nice things about Asutralia isnt he!!!!!!

ozbash

Referee
This is the same type of talk that GB and NZ have been doing for 20 years!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn, get over it fweaky.

i feel for bennett, he is not answerable to the media. they are there to commentate the facts, not the fiction.
the aussie press are mild in comparison to the kiwi journos tho.

Mr Saab

Referee
nospam49&#8482 said:
Wally Lewis, Glen Lazarus, Kevin Walters, Arthur Beetson, Matthew Ridge...its a pretty impressive list.

hmmmm lets go thru them shall we

Wally...axe to grind...please present a quote regarding the test match loss
Lazarus...axe to grind....see above
Walters...axe to grind...see above
Beetson....see above
Ridge...kiwi nuffy

Blake

Juniors
Here's a quote for you LF - you mug -

"A Test coach should realise that the last thing on your "To Do" list is to question the ability of an Australian player and then give ANY rallying point that an Australian team can use."

You start this thread because you are upset that a coach talks of losing? You say you have "higher standards." Again read the quote above - think you wrote it.

If you are as confussed about your theories on how a coach should speak to the media as you are about your sexuality then your friend should be very worried.

Scott

Bench
nospam49™ said:
Charlie.....he selected Tate and Mason because he felt sorry about their injuries.

Doesn't make a lot of sense....

Misty Bee

First Grade
Geez, if Bennet has so many prominent QUEENSLANDERS AND EX BRONCOS against him, what's that tell you, Charlie?

Bennet is God, and everyone who criticised him is evil? :roll: I never expected you to have a grip on life. Post like this confirm it.

Mr Saab

Referee
wayne is not friends with everyone Misty.
Lazo has just been sacked by the broncos so he is going to come out and say glorious things about him.
Yeah riiiiiiiiiiiight.
It is you that doesnt have a grip on life

Mr Saab

Referee
nospam49&#8482 said:

making things up again to suit yourself??????

He selected Mason as a result of Loyalty. Tate is not injured.
The Drs let go of hindmarsh...not Bennett. As i have said 100 times. What was Wayne to do? Over rule the Dr????? "Nah Hugh, you dont know what you are on about, Nathan is fine, he is in the team"
A Dr who has been with the test team for a number of yrs said he didnt pass the medical. What is Wayne to do????????? Please f**king tell me Mr Know it all.
Do you think that Bob Fulton and McCarthy have ZERO say in who gets selected? Is it all Wayne wayne wayne?

innsaneink

Referee
"Someone has to win and someone has to lose and Australia - regardless of whatever sport they're in - are not going to stay at the top of everything for the rest of our lives. So you better get used to it."

I must admit I havent heard an Aussie Leaugue coach say anything like this for the last 35 years or so.

Whether ppl think its taken out of context or whatever, HE said it, and it only means ONE thing.

He might be correct and other previous Aussie coaches, if they said the same thing they may, most likely will be correct too.....but the fact is he shouldnt be talking like this, its not very pro imo......I'm just an average punter but I guess I know enough to realise that in any sport, if you start thinking about and talking about losing, well you know whats in store.

Its negative and even though the press were negative to start with, he should know better than to carry on with the negativity.

-Dr.J-

Juniors
Australians need to realise that the game isn't just theirs anymore, and that is a good thing. Globalising a game is in its best interests, and finally we are starting to see other teams become competitive. Bennett is right, you should be a bit more accustomed to conceeding defeats because they'll happen more often as more people and countries get involved in the game.

nospam49, you're a tit.

ozboy

Juniors
Very weird comments from the coach of an all conquering side like the Kangaroos.

Though, I have a sneeking suspision that all he is doing is playing mind games and trying to take some pressure off the Kangaroos and placing it more on GB and NZ.

For me, I'll start citicizing if Australia lose the Tri Nations, though even then I think for the better of the Broncos, Bennett should step down anyway.

innsaneink

Referee
-Dr.J- said:
Australians need to realise that the game isn't just theirs anymore, and that is a good thing. Globalising a game is in its best interests, and finally we are starting to see other teams become competitive. Bennett is right, you should be a bit more accustomed to conceeding defeats because they'll happen more often as more people and countries get involved in the game.

nospam49, you're a tit.

Concede defeats BEFORE they happen?

Never, whats the point of playing the game?

Kiwi

First Grade
innsaneink said:
I must admit I havent heard an Aussie Leaugue coach say anything like this for the last 35 years or so.

Whether ppl think its taken out of context or whatever, HE said it, and it only means ONE thing.

He might be correct and other previous Aussie coaches, if they said the same thing they may, most likely will be correct too.....but the fact is he shouldnt be talking like this, its not very pro imo......I'm just an average punter but I guess I know enough to realise that in any sport, if you start thinking about and talking about losing, well you know whats in store.

Its negative and even though the press were negative to start with, he should know better than to carry on with the negativity.

Bennett is very big on international league, he was the tri nations most vocal supporter when the idea was being floated. Whats the best way to promote international league right now? Come out and say we can't be beat don't bother turning up? or to say they can be beat and knocked off their pirch as the best team in the world? In no way is it negative, it's honest, it's positive and there should be more of it.

People may hate Union, but one thing is for certain, Marshall would be playing and not getting an op if he was an All Black. The best way to start turning this around is to start talking it up, and that means talking up the quality of the opposition. The fans need a reason to pack out the test matches, being told their team has a shot against the best in the world is a good way to start.

Kiwi

First Grade
innsaneink said:
Concede defeats BEFORE they happen?

Never, whats the point of playing the game?

Show us where Bennett concedes defeat please....

innsaneink

Referee
Kiwi said:
Show us where Bennett concedes defeat please....

As you well know i was replying to what Dr J said.

-Dr.J- said:
Bennett is right, you should be a bit more accustomed to conceeding defeats because they'll happen more often as more people and countries get involved in the game.

Kiwi said:
Bennett is very big on international league, he was the tri nations most vocal supporter when the idea was being floated. Whats the best way to promote international league right now? Come out and say we can't be beat don't bother turning up? or to say they can be beat and knocked off their pirch as the best team in the world? In no way is it negative, it's honest, it's positive and there should be more of it.

I know hes big on league, and yes he can and should talk up the opposition, they are improving all over the park.
BUT.......theres a time and a place for everything, and imo 2 days before a test, to be talking about....

"Someone has to win and someone has to lose and Australia - regardless of whatever sport they're in - are not going to stay at the top of everything for the rest of our lives. So you better get used to it."

.....well I just think the timing couldve been better.

Latest posts