What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett Talking Like A Complete Loser!

Kiwi

First Grade
innsaneink said:
I know hes big on league, and yes he can and should talk up the opposition, they are improving all over the park.
BUT.......theres a time and a place for everything, and imo 2 days before a test, to be talking about....

"Someone has to win and someone has to lose and Australia - regardless of whatever sport they're in - are not going to stay at the top of everything for the rest of our lives. So you better get used to it."

.....well I just think the timing couldve been better.

Maybe, but what better way to promote a game in NZ right now after a they just knocked the best in the world off in Sydney? Surely that is going to help pull a crowd more than talking down NZ's chances and big noting the Aussie team?

Also maybe Bennett sees the Aussie team believing all the press about how they are unbeatable, can't lose ect, and sees them not putting in like they should and need to. All of a sudden these players get a nice little reality check in public by their coach and fire up.

People have looked at this and had a dig, it's just being used as a reason to bag Bennett more. look at who is bagging him for it, the usual suspects. They have failed to see why he might have said it what impact it has.

So in saying all that can any one tell me that the following is bad and why?

- Gives Aussie players a reality check that they may have needed
- Promotes the up coming game in NZ and talks up the home teams chances helping pull a bigger crowd?
- Promotes International League as not being a one Kangaroo race

Kiwi

First Grade
nospam49™ said:
We heard the same sort of crap from Rickey Ponting during the Ashes. "Dont blame me if we lose".

Its not good enough.

Where did Bennett say they were definately going to lose, and don't blame him if they do?

AuckMel

Bench
JJ said:
no sign of that really - we (NZ) tend to win one every 5 years... the Sydney thing has been made out to be a big deal, but it was when Lowe's team won at Lang Park too...

I've longed believed the only thing stopping New Zealand from winning more was, the lack of regular competition against the Aussies as our playing standard grew overseas. We got it in 98 and 99 and did bloody well. I'm convinced the quality of test matches would have been closer if the tri-series concept hadn't of ended in 99.

JJ said:
The Aussies will continue to dominate for the time being, GB and us will win an occasional game, but there remains a gap...

Yea, but it's closing and I think that's pretty obvious.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
i AM A COMPLETE IDIOT, i saw the title of the thread, and i also saw that nospam49 started it, if i were smart i wouldnt have passed on it, but my stupidity has led me to lose 3 mins of life life reading complete idiocy

Iafeta

Referee
TheEelsFanatic said:
i AM A COMPLETE IDIOT, i saw the title of the thread, and i also saw that nospam49 started it, if i were smart i wouldnt have passed on it, but my stupidity has led me to lose 3 mins of life life reading complete idiocy

:lol: Thats gold.

I think what nospam49 is trying to say is, he would like Wayne Bennett to be arrogant and like the Aussie cricket team and say, if we play our best football, no one in the world will beat us. All we have to do is turn up etc etc. Can't you lot see that? lol

nospam49, you are a moron. I would dare say Bennett is trying to talk down the loss they've had and make people realise that Australia will lose games, its inevitable, but that doesn't mean they won't win the tournament.

It is also not entirely his fault that he is with the squad he is with. It is easy to blame him for those selections, and also easy to blame the players for losing, but would you still be concerned if Australia wins by 20-30 on Friday night? I think you will shut up and disappear pretty quickly if that happens.

How many people have completely lost their self control in this thread? :lol:

We have a national coach who is saying there is a campaign being run by the media against him after a very poor result.

He has pointed to the fact that a similar campaign was run against two other Australian coaches...both of which have lost prized sporting trophies recently.

We have a national coach who, with a loss this week, could be in control of a team that loses a series for the first time since 1978.....and yet he claims he is not under pressure from anyone important.

But its all my fault. :D

Pig Champion

Juniors
Who cares? Look to the recent past. Anderson wins but still criticised. I'm sure Fulton and every Aussie coach before him had their detractors. Agendas, everybody has one. Mine , it's international rugby league and the sharks. First, Kangaroo losses are good for RL. Second, Go Nige.

bartman

Immortal
nospam49™ said:
How many people have completely lost their self control in this thread? :lol:
None more than the original poster who claimed that "huge changes are needed through the entire system" because of a throwaway comment at some garbage press conference... :roll:

nospam49™ said:
But its all my fault. :D
Nothing's your fault LF, even though I'm sure you like to think that people having different opinions to yours means you somehow become more important than the issues you raised? ;-)

bartman said:
None more than the original poster who claimed that "huge changes are needed through the entire system" because of a throwaway comment at some garbage press conference... :roll:

Nothing's your fault LF, even though I'm sure you like to think that people having different opinions to yours means you somehow become more important than the issues you raised? ;-)

Hey......keep it quiet! :D

gallagher

Juniors
I totally agree with nospam49. Bennetts making excuses already, it only took one question about pressure that set him off.

-Dr.J-

Juniors
TheEelsFanatic said:

Quoted for truth

Hari Kari

Juniors
Charlie Saab said:
making things up again to suit yourself??????

He selected Mason as a result of Loyalty. Tate is not injured.

I read the Bennet quote that was something like "he felt he owed Mason one because he got injured in the USA and that's why he made the team this time around". Nobody is making that up, Wayne said it.

Regarding Tate, wtf is he wearing that weird-arse brace for then? is he deformed?

J.N.

Juniors
I just think they guy that started this thread is a Bennett hater.

Look at his record. I don't care how he talks to the media. Look at his record. And why is it Wayne's fault for the star studded lineup losing ?

Mr Saab

Referee
Hari Kari said:
I read the Bennet quote that was something like "he felt he owed Mason one because he got injured in the USA and that's why he made the team this time around". Nobody is making that up, Wayne said it.

Regarding Tate, wtf is he wearing that weird-arse brace for then? is he deformed?

yeah that was in december 2004 (mason injury). Mason is not carrying the ankle injury anymore. I know wayne said that, i am not disputing that. I am disputing the fact that mason is carrying an ankle problem as we speak.
Wayne said that mason was selected out of loyalty. He was injured representing his country...not getting out of his car.

As for Tate, he is not deformed you pissant wanker. He has a neck problem (elongated neck) and every time his head is pushed back it affects the nerves that relate to his arm. It is no different to someone wearing headgear.
Tate has to wear that for the rest of his career. Does that bother you soo much??????????? If Tate is sooooooo deformed :roll: then he wouldnt have scored one of the best solo tries of 2005.

J.N.

Juniors
This is my first time on here and most of the guys seem to be knowledgeable. But others are just idiots.