What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WC 45th Match: Australia v South Africa - D/N Manchester 6/7/19 (SA win by 10 runs)

TheParraboy

Staff member
Imagine my surprise waking up this morning and seeing Maxwell contributed f**k all again.

He bowled 10 overs, him and Lyon were the best bowlers in terms of economy

His fielding cannot be under estimated either

Our first 10-12 overs with the ball was horrid, they skipped away to about 80-90 runs

Hutty1986

Immortal
Lol that van der Dussen hussen derp flog looked like he could barely hit it off the square...then we let him score 90-odd at a run a ball. Yet another Maxwell failure, and now we have to play the locals, at a ground we haven't won at in 20 years...

jargan83

Coach
He bowled 10 overs, him and Lyon were the best bowlers in terms of economy

His fielding cannot be under estimated either

Our first 10-12 overs with the ball was horrid, they skipped away to about 80-90 runs

I saw most of our bowling innings and the Saffas got the jump on us in a big way.

Maxwell is first and foremost a batsman and he’s not contributing with the bat.

You’d think he’d be under a bit of pressure but I’ll assume he isn’t.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I saw most of our bowling innings and the Saffas got the jump on us in a big way.

Maxwell is first and foremost a batsman and he’s not contributing with the bat.

You’d think he’d be under a bit of pressure but I’ll assume he isn’t.

with Khawaja looking likely to be out, and maybe Stoinis we have no option but keep Maxy
He needs to come good and good soon

Interesting, game before or the previous game, he tries to guide that shot down to third man, last night he tried to hoik it to cows corner.

jargan83

Coach
with Khawaja looking likely to be out, and maybe Stoinis we have no option but keep Maxy
He needs to come good and good soon

Interesting, game before or the previous game, he tries to guide that shot down to third man, last night he tried to hoik it to cows corner.

I have no doubt that they’d keep Maxwell regardless of injuries.

He plays 1 good innings in maybe 20.

As for Khawaja’s injury

3 - Smith
4 - Handscombe
5 - Carey
6 - Maxdud

I guess Mitch Marsh will come into the squad for Stoinis.

Tipster

Bench
Australia have kind of stuffed this up hey

Instead of a virtual bye against the little bros we now have to play England in a place we haven't won in 100 years.

Eelectrica

Referee
Stoinis is the selection I just don't get. His inclusion makes us worse. He's had 1 good game and that was a couple of years ago.
Hopefully Stoinis is ruled out for good this time. Marsh is a better option such as it is.

Maxwell I understand at least. We need someone who can score quickly at the back end of the innings.
Pity he hasn't done it this tournament though.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Stoinis is the selection I just don't get. His inclusion makes us worse. He's had 1 good game and that was a couple of years ago.
Hopefully Stoinis is ruled out for good this time. Marsh is a better option such as it is.

Maxwell I understand at least. We need someone who can score quickly at the back end of the innings.
Pity he hasn't done it this tournament though.

agree

Stoinis had a purple patch in the BBL, I reckon this is why he was persisted with for this cup, plus they think he can bowl a few overs. MMarsh would have been no worse with the bat, but better with the ball

They really needed to road test getting 10 overs out of Maxwell/Finch/Smith, and have a better bat option for 6.

oh well, we are still in with a shot. Looked highly unlikely we make the top 4 few months back