What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WCC news

yakstorm

First Grade
COM Stadium wouldn't have sold out (it holds 53.5K), but it would have attracted a bigger crowd than DW Stadium.

DW got to 20K pretty quickly, sales have only slowed down because only the less popular parts of the venue are available. It possibly would have got to 30K relatively easily, though I can understand why Wigan would rather play at DW.

Harry O

Juniors
Where are the days when Wigan attracted 37k vs Manly @ central park in 1987. This record by Wigan will never beaten.

Brian potter

Bench
COM Stadium wouldn't have sold out (it holds 53.5K), but it would have attracted a bigger crowd than DW Stadium.

DW got to 20K pretty quickly, sales have only slowed down because only the less popular parts of the venue are available. It possibly would have got to 30K relatively easily, though I can understand why Wigan would rather play at DW.
It’s asking a lot for Wigan fans to be expected to traipse over to Manchester in winter for a night game.

I think if the DW held 30k they could easily have sold it out but unfortunately it doesn’t and neither does any other stadium close by like Bolton for example.

Latest posts