What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WCC Squad

tezzah

Juniors
I enjoyed a great game between two big physical sides. I thought that the Storm controlled much of the game by having multiple defenders (up to 4) each tackle and it helped them slow the Leeds attack down and give there side a well earned break. Ref called it fairly I believe- he called the motions and players listened. Adam Blair being the main 'culprit' of conceeding penalties but no doubt played a major role of 'the bad guy' despite many other team mates slowing the Leeds ruck play. Glad there is some mongrel in the Storm team! Every team should have one or two.

On attack though, Leeds seemed out of sorts with keeping up with the Storm plays. Leeds defenders were either off the mark, not square or trying to slow the play down (something they obviously do not practice much of) Watkins was twice too casual with grounding the ball. Easily could have been the MOM should he had grounded both balls but I guess we will never know! Leeds were played out of the game as they gave silly penalties (not square on the ruck -Peacock, fumbling balls inclu Lautiti's which led to the final try). GI didn't get much action but I thought Neilson had a tremendous game helping set up his winger.

Once Smith got in the ruck area I thought it was game over for Leeds. Proctor, Blair, Lima and Bromwich led the team well on attack and defence but my hat would go off to Todd Lowrie with his great work rate. He was everywhere on D and Attack- similar to Crocker but without the penalties.

Defence wins games! Tries were the difference today! Hard luck for Sinfield they really missed him and how influential was Bedsy!

ST09RM

Juniors
did anyone else see it ? todd lowrie got hurt in a tackle... i cant remember if he is a 80 min player at eels or not but he did come back on which was a good sign!

Thaiad24

Juniors
well done storm, was a good game and i enjoyed the physicality of it, spoiled a little by the constant holding down in the ruck. Tell me as i dont really watch NRL, but is that common practice? cos i thought it slowed the game down a hell of alot

I thought you deserved the win as you played better, we are a team that score alot of tries from a fast play the ball and tonight we were deprived of that by a ref who i think was a little out of his depth

natheel

Coach
did anyone else see it ? todd lowrie got hurt in a tackle... i cant remember if he is a 80 min player at eels or not but he did come back on which was a good sign!

yeh he was an 80 minute player for parra, hes an honest toiler. may take a bit to get settled into the side (as he did at parra) but hes more established now so may not take any time at all, i would say belly got him to replace dallas and lowrie coming back on after being injured is exactly what dallas wouldve done...so id say he will be a good addition to the team (u wont lose anything with johnson gone)

Brilliant win by the lads...the best thing that came from this game was:

Quinn - Back to the Quinn of old. Tough and hard to tackle. It was obvious that the neck injury had hampered his style but he looked awesome in this game.

McDougall - great pace and tough as well. A good signing.

But the best aspect is that Bromwich, Rory Kost a lot, Cahill and co all got invaluable experience that will make playing in the NRL a lot easier for them now that they know the standard they need to consistently achieve.

Dan70

Juniors
Brilliant win by the lads...the best thing that came from this game was:

Quinn - Back to the Quinn of old. Tough and hard to tackle. It was obvious that the neck injury had hampered his style but he looked awesome in this game.

McDougall - great pace and tough as well. A good signing.

But the best aspect is that Bromwich, Rory Kost a lot, Cahill and co all got invaluable experience that will make playing in the NRL a lot easier for them now that they know the standard they need to consistently achieve.

Yep, completely agree. I think the fact that we have sorted out the three quarter line already (at least til Chase comes back) should stand us in good stead for the start of the NRL season.

Latest posts