What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WCC - WT v Bradford Bulls - Pick the Margin!

Who will win and by what margin ?

• Bradford Bulls 1 - 8

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Wests Tigers 1 - 8

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Bradford Bulls 9 - 16

Votes: 19 21.1%
  • Wests Tigers 9 - 16

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Bradford Bulls 16 +

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • Wests Tigers 16 +

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thomas

First Grade
The Tigers with Benji would get whipped.

The UK in February isn't a place I'd like to be after a nice warm off-season

cookie36

Juniors
Bradford Bulls by 16+, sorry to say but cant see the tigers doing it. Maybe they will surprise everyone like they did last year?

Sharkie™

Juniors
bradford by atleast 10. homeground advantage main reason for this. if played in sydney i would have to rethink. even though i havnt seen much of bradford and would love to see the tigers beat em.

Balmain_Boy

Raider_69 said:
i love the tigers seige mentatlity
you could say "this will be a real tough game, the bulls to win after 3 hours of extra time with a remarkably unbelieveable 50 metre feild goal... thats how close this game will be" and they will still prance around claiming everyone is "writing them off"

Oh what bullsh*t. I'd hardly call it a siege mentality to question someone writing us off for season 2006, after winning it in 2005. Apart from that, no other opinions have been questioned.

I think it'll be bloody tough for us to win, but I'm not going to try and pick the winner, let alone the margin. Games like this are too hard to predict. It's all guesswork.

innsaneink

Referee
Raider_69 said:
you could say "this will be a real tough game, the bulls to win after 3 hours of extra time with a remarkably unbelieveable 50 metre feild goal... thats how close this game will be" and they will still prance around claiming everyone is "writing them off"

Long bow 69.

Steelers4eva

Juniors
Bradford by 16+. Too many factors favouring the home team. Injuries to Tigers, climate, yada yada yada. All been mentioned before. Personally I think the concept should be scrapped, only thing the WT's might gain is some injuries prior to defending their title.

miccle

Bench
Bradford by 6 or so... would be a different story if they had to fly here and play on an early February afternoon in Australia.

innsaneink

Referee
Steelers4eva said:
Bradford by 16+. Too many factors favouring the home team. Injuries to Tigers, climate, yada yada yada. All been mentioned before. Personally I think the concept should be scrapped, only thing the WT's might gain is some injuries prior to defending their title.

If we werent playing this, it'd be another trial against someone, with just as much chance of injury.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Tigers will smash them, Bradford have a pitiful lineup this year, not to mention they won't be at full strength.

Tigers 9-16, a late try or two to make Bradford look at least a bit respectable. Brett Hodgson MOM.

tiger_nick

Bench
Raider_69 said:

After reading this thread can you honestly say everyone isn't writing us off?

Persaonlly I think Bradford will just too strong, however it also wouldnt surprise me if we beat them by 20.

JasonE

Bench
Latest news is Vainikolo and Deacon are out for Bradford, this is the weakest Bulls team in 10 years.
Tigers by plenty.

ali

Bench
Bradford have lost a lot of good players over the off season. I'm pretty sure they are not the force they were in 05. Further more, losing Vainikolo is like the Broncos losing Wendell when he was in his prime.

Anyway, as it's a pre-season game it's always a lottery. I predict the result could be anything.

I still long for the days of the mid-season WCC, like when Wigan came over and played brisbane at ANZ. Both teams match fit and the weather not so extreme to disadvantage one side.

Raider_69

Post Whore
tiger_nick said:
After reading this thread can you honestly say everyone isn't writing us off?

Persaonlly I think Bradford will just too strong, however it also wouldnt surprise me if we beat them by 20.

to me it looks to be a very even spread of predictions... some say tigers by plenty, some say bulls by plenty, others like myself think it will be a pretty close match with a small preference to either the tigers or bulls. In my case the bulls. The only poll option out of contention is Tigers by 16+

i strongly think alot of tigers fans employ a seige mentality, not that its a bad thing i guess. My own club Canberra used one quite well in 2003... just stating a fact that really not everyone is writting you blokes off... infact i can scarely think of one outside Melon

Bicey_18

Bench
JasonE said:
Latest news is Vainikolo and Deacon are out for Bradford, this is the weakest Bulls team in 10 years.
Tigers by plenty.

I recall the Panthers Vs Bulls game and Bradford had Deacon, Paul out and still managed to win.. Its the intimidation factor that they have over there that gets them home.

They play a simple style of football and prey on their oppositions mistakes.. They bash and barge teams into submission and when they get close to the line rarely do they fail 2 score...

Although the Bulls are without Pryce and Peacock.... Peacock was pretty much the heart and soul of that club.. gave it everything he had and never gave up.

I still think Bradford will win, the team knows how to win..... they have had a winning culture for years now.. Young Tiger players may be over awed by the occasion too, going over there and receiving a hostile reception..

Mighty Tiger

Bench
tiger_nick said:

I see it the other way even with Benji out, they are missing 6-7 players from the GF winnng side and the majority of those had a large impact on thier season last year and are also international quality players

We have 5 players not playing from the GF last year but I think like in the NRL we have been one of the best at recuiting and against Bradfords recruitment I would say ours has been better.

Sure we will miss Benji but other areas over the park I think we are more than capable of dealing with his loss for this game and out match the Bulls.

The deciding factor for me is the bench, we have the far superior bench warmers and IMO thats what makes me think the match will be over by the 60th min mark and in favor of the Wests Tigers

Hope those who think otherwise put there money where their mouth is so my odds are better tomorrow afternoon :D

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Bicey_18 said:
I still think Bradford will win, the team knows how to win..... they have had a winning culture for years now.. Young Tiger players may be over awed by the occasion too, going over there and receiving a hostile reception..

Mate don't underestimate the youth at the Wests Tigers, Brook and myself have been saying for the last few years these kids who performed last year have what it takes to win the title, (I thought it would happen in 06 and 05 would of been a top 6 finish and our 1st finals apperance at least) they have a winning culture dating back to the lower grades

Sure its a big event but I hardly think these players would rate this bigger than the clubs 1st NRL finals match or winning the NRL Grand Final somehow

They have broken alot of club records already and have also created a fair bit of history within the NRL as well during the last season which shows the class of these young talented players we have

The biggest factor will be the cold, all the players and staff are talking about it some of the players have even said they might run out in tracksuits

Latest posts