What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WCR best footy video game yet!!

The Observer

Staff member
I bought my copy of World Championship Rugby for Xbox in Sydney today and it is the best Rugby/League video game yet! It completely wipes the floor with Rugby 2004 AND 2001, it improves on the great Jonah Lomu Rugby, and it is definitely better than the Rugby League video game - granted Swordfish have had more experience doing Rugby style games than Sidhe and Sidhe should get better with the next effort.

Graphics are excellent, animation sublime, the sound is good, the game is easy to control, fun and fast. The only drawback are that you cannot offload the ball in the tackle. Robinson is a sublime runner, his style captured accuractely, and Cohen is the fend master :)

The game only has the correct names of players for England team and for Twickenham stadium is that they could only get the licence for those. You can change the names of the other teams in an editor to whatever you want. The Wallaby scurm half loooks like Gregan, the openside Flanker looks like George Smith, the right winger looks sort of like Wendell Sailor!

The passing can go awry in WCR, I've thrown several to the ground. I've only played two matches but I'll report more after playing further.

The kicking system is brilliant, because it is in real time and keeps the game flowing.

Buy it ASAP!

Phillips

Referee
bought my copy today and have already finished all classic matches

it shits all over the NRL game,

has improved since Jonah Lomu, although im going to get a another copy of Jonah Lomu rugby because my copy is stuffed

i would have liked the players names to be real but its really easy to change them to the real names, and they all look like the real players

Parra_Boy

Juniors
Phillips said:
i would have liked the players names to be real but its really easy to change them to the real names, and they all look like the real players

Do you or anyone else know where I can find the real team line ups for each team? Much apreciated.

booeycollector

Juniors
Top game. The best yet................Has anyone noticed or do I need glasses. One of the wallaby wingers looks like Wendall and just before kickoff you see the pictures of the player faces only. The other winger looks a bit like Roff but when he plays he looks dark like Lote............i'm confused.

Top game and cant stop playing it.............

Thomas

First Grade
Having pirated it I have no idea how do win lineouts or do up and unders.

Any tips, or is there a website that I can go to and find out?

nz_novocastrian

Juniors
I hate the game! People like Doug Howlette were against their name being put on it, hence wrong rosters e.t.c. I really couldnt get into it. I might have to give it another go though, just see if I can get into it a second time.

Latest posts