What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

we are chockers

sideburnmania

Juniors
_mUSASHI_ said:
Absolutely pathetic performance today by the so called "Minor Premiers". It was disgraceful.

We will never win a Premiership under Brian Smith. Period. He cannot get his team to perform in high pressure games.

That's total bullsh*t. In the first half we only completed 9/19 sets. How the f**k is that Smithy's fault????

If you can't hang onto the football you won't win football games. Parra generally have been very strong when they have good field position and that aint gonna happen if you drop the ball.

I was waiting for some moron to have a go at Smithy. Pathetic.

walker smith

Juniors
hes failed now with at least five different sets of players....are the players to blame five different times....he has to take some of the blame!!!

The Dominator

Juniors
Parranöyd said:
lol we are chockers
chockers full of what?

Chock full of chokers!

I got nothing against your players, fans or coach for that matter, but from an outsiders perspective, it is great to see Denis Fitzgerald go down hard. With the juniors that you guys have, there really is no excuse for his buying sprees of 1995 or 2004. The eels ripped the heart out of Canterbury in 1995, and the curse was placed. Concentrate on your juniors, and the curse may be lifted.

Knightmare

Coach
gregstar said:
the two most cursed clubs

parra & dragons

apart from the sharks

Hard to argue there. I get the feeling that the true sign of the apocalypse will be when Parramatta, St George, Cronulla and Souths all make the preliminary finals.

Smartman

Juniors
The Dominator said:
Chock full of chokers!

I got nothing against your players, fans or coach for that matter, but from an outsiders perspective, it is great to see Denis Fitzgerald go down hard. With the juniors that you guys have, there really is no excuse for his buying sprees of 1995 or 2004. The eels ripped the heart out of Canterbury in 1995, and the curse was placed. Concentrate on your juniors, and the curse may be lifted.

Bloody oath, well said. Parramatta were never in the game from the 1st to the 80th, playing like all they had to do was show up....LOL

One of the biggest junior nurseries in the NRL and they keep signing outsiders.

Dont want to rub it in too much tonight considering eels fans are still in a daze of shock
icon6.gif

Sean7

Juniors
sideburnmania said:
That's total bullsh*t. In the first half we only completed 9/19 sets. How the f**k is that Smithy's fault????

If you can't hang onto the football you won't win football games. Parra generally have been very strong when they have good field position and that aint gonna happen if you drop the ball.

I was waiting for some moron to have a go at Smithy. Pathetic.

I really don't know how you can say it's total bullsh*t. It seems that when we win, we're told it's not Smith's fault, he doesn't go out and play for us, but when we win, we get posts asking where the anti-Smith people are now. Hmmm...

Anyway, his record does sort of speak for itself. I mean lets be honest, it's exactly the same every time and with different player every time. So if the players are changing, where do you look next? I'm sorry, but we always look completely out of our depth in the games that matter. Todays "effort" was just incomprehensible. It was one of the worst moments in the club's history. There's no point in going through the regular season if the end result is always going to be the same anyway.

The is something wrong at the club and there must be some changes.

St George lost too, but they at least looked like they wanted to play, they just did it badly. They looked like they could explode any minute. Parramatta didn't even look interested. The forwards didn't even want to take hit-ups. Smith didn't play out there today, but he is responsible for getting prepared to play and he appears to have failed time after time. Even the qualifying final in 2001 was as shakey as they come. Then the grand final...

The Tigers make the grand final from forth spot in their first attempt. But Tim Sheens isn't really responsible for that I guess, nor is Murray for the Cowboys.

I don't even know why clubs have coaches. Or maybe they're only responsible for the good things.

Risky_6

Juniors
When looking back on 2005....

How one of us (Parra-Dragons) didnt go through to the Grand Final after incredible seasons, i wouldnt know.

Goodluck to the Cowboys and Tigers but geez... this feels weird. goodluck to them anyway.

Redback71

First Grade
life is not fair so if history repeats it self the cowboys will win the grandfinal cause the beat us it 1997 thru 2001 repeating itself

Risky_6

Juniors
Im thinking it could be similar to 99,

Melbourne get smashed by Saints in week 1, win wk2,wk3 and then beat Saints in the gf.

Cowboys could do the same, very capable.

number8

Juniors
Canterbury's Super League alleigance ripped the heart out out their club. Not Paramatta. The 1995 Eels were loyal to the ARL where those players (Pay, Dymock, Smith & McKracken) chose to compete & the Parramatta club were able to keep them together.

2005's buys were a neccecity & as a result we made it back into the finals this season. We are competitive again & those coming though have some quality to feed off & learn from.

Knightmare

Coach
One problem though- the 1999 Dragons are a completely different team to the 2005 Tigers. I think the Tigers have it in them.

The Dominator

Juniors
Risky_6 said:
When looking back on 2005....

How one of us (Parra-Dragons) didnt go through to the Grand Final after incredible seasons, i wouldnt know.

Goodluck to the Cowboys and Tigers but geez... this feels weird. goodluck to them anyway.

Both the dragon's and eels over-rated themselves i believe. At the end of the day, they both only finished the season on 36 points, which in most other season's would leave them somewhere from 3rd to 5th. Last year 1st and 2nd got 42 points each. In addition both teams had some very bad losses during the year, which means they were both potentially vulnerable. About 5 or 6 teams were really more or less even this year, and at the end of the day, the most enthusiastic and relaxed teams have won through.

Risky_6

Juniors
The Dominator said:
Both the dragon's and eels over-rated themselves i believe. At the end of the day, they both only finished the season on 36 points, which in most other season's would leave them somewhere from 3rd to 5th. Last year 1st and 2nd got 42 points each. In addition both teams had some very bad losses during the year, which means they were both potentially vulnerable. About 5 or 6 teams were really more or less even this year, and at the end of the day, the most enthusiastic and relaxed teams have won through.

maybe so dominator,

I would say its a coaching thing, Brown and Smith have done the job well all year but i believe Dragons and Parramatta are the best two sides in the competition, on the day they werent and that has cost them a spot in the Grand Final.

Does that come down to poor coaching before a big game? you would think alot of it has to do with that.