What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We are going backwards...in trouble

dclayw

Juniors
I'd say we're just treading water, same old, same old.

Penrith are the ones going backwards, 3 on the trot now.

Jono1987

Juniors
:lol::lol::lol:

Oh boy it really only does take one loss to bring out the naysayers. Get a grip. It was our 5th loss all year. Yes we haven't played well for a while now but really...some people have no idea.

Mr Red

First Grade
in our last three games we have looked very ordinary - with our attack basically non existent. scores of only 10, 16 and 8 reflect this. thank heavens our defence has remained pretty solid, and this alone has kept us competitive.

our attack needs a spark and Hornby and Soward need to stand up and get the team going forward. i would like to see both our halves more vocal and get the forwards running with more intensity..
all too common theme with Soward going missing in action in the big matches...

Jono1987

Juniors
I've said it once I'll say it a million times...I'd rather have a slump now then in a few weeks. Our attack has looked ordinary the last couple of weeks BUT so what? We've ample time to fix this. Popular consensus is that Gasnier will walk in the title, my money is on Soward, Honestly he hasn't really played that well all year. He' waiting, biding his time to unleash on the finals.

Gaba

First Grade
in our last three games we have looked very ordinary - with our attack basically non existent. scores of only 10, 16 and 8 reflect this. thank heavens our defence has remained pretty solid, and this alone has kept us competitive.

in saying that the opposition teams havent been playing badly, they been playing near their potential every game against the dragons.

If the opposition teams were playing poorly and the dragons were scoring low points , i would be a bit worried.

When the opposition does play badly the dragons do put on a score against them

Thats why im not in a panic mode because no reason to be at the moment

Last edited:

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Hollywood,

I have said for 18 months now that Weyman is our most important player ... his absence f**ks up our forward pack no end ... and since he has been gone, we have been dominated in the forwards every game (Penrith, Souths, Titans).

Once he comes back, things will be better straight away.

We just need to make sure he doesn't so much as sneeze on an opposition player for the rest of the season!!!

Dragon

Coach
Imho the only time we've really stepped it up in the last 2 seasons was the game against Melbourne at Kogarah. If we can replicate that in the finals we will be hard to beat, the boys just have to get their heads right

SerbDragon

Coach
Hollywood,

I have said for 18 months now that Weyman is our most important player ... his absence f**ks up our forward pack no end ... and since he has been gone, we have been dominated in the forwards every game (Penrith, Souths, Titans).

Once he comes back, things will be better straight away.

We just need to make sure he doesn't so much as sneeze on an opposition player for the rest of the season!!!

DR i've read your posts claiming weyman is our most important player, and thought to myself meh.. now i see your point.

no go forward at all currently, missing horse and hunt immensely

Red_Vee

Juniors
a loss is always disappointing but as some have pointed out prefer a slump now than in the first two weeks of the finals. not too worried atm

gasnier really looks like he needs match fitness but he'll come good at the right time. don't think uncle wayne would have agreed to sign him on the big bucks if he didn't believe he could fire up

Bring back choc

Juniors
DR i've read your posts claiming weyman is our most important player, and thought to myself meh.. now i see your point.

no go forward at all currently, missing horse and hunt immensely

Weyman willl make a huge difference...but we are still a couple of props short IMO. This is where we have been exposed. The lack of go forward has flattened our attack. Perhaps Saffy is our answer at prop. Runs much harder then Prior and can poke his head through. Merrin, Weyman and saffy as our prop rotation?? Then Prior back to the bench with costigan, smith and Gasnier. Green/thorby need to go. Very disappointed in greenfield. He has not come on at all. Limited chances, but has not taken the chances he has been given. I am sure Bennett expected greenfield to solve a few issues. He hasnt and hence our predicament.

woodley_11

Juniors
The people who are saying we are in the same predicament as last year, our attack has been improved by Boyd and Young's improvement, and introduction of Gasnier. When Fien comes back we will have more spark and Weyman will add some more force bringing the ball forward.

I honestly think Bennett is holding something back for the final stages, a lot of the moves he has been making are all about peaking in the finals and he knows what he is doing. If the Dragons don't fire up for the finals there is something wrong, they should be sick to death of hearing the 'chokers' tag.

TheRev

Coach

Oh boy it really only does take one loss to bring out the naysayers. Get a grip. It was our 5th loss all year. Yes we haven't played well for a while now but really...some people have no idea.

^ This! Seriously, the form now means nothing.. go back 2 weeks, see who 'was going to win the premiership', then go back 2 more weeks, then 2 more.. all the teams ebb and flow, you can start worrying in about 6 weeks if were not starting to get momentum and form.

The only way to please some of you is to win every game, every week convincingly, thats not going to happen!

STG-Dragon

Juniors

No it takes not winning the f**king comp for like 30 plus years, to make a lot of saints fans to think the way they do :(. I remember a tonne of people mocking others as you have, last season when they said similar things and look what happened! I'm not saying we are f**ked, just that there are definite reasons to be concerned at the moment, hopefully we can fix it before the finals we need Weyman back!

DirtyHarry

Juniors
The people who are saying we are in the same predicament as last year, our attack has been improved by Boyd and Young's improvement, and introduction of Gasnier. When Fien comes back we will have more spark and Weyman will add some more force bringing the ball forward.

I honestly think Bennett is holding something back for the final stages, a lot of the moves he has been making are all about peaking in the finals and he knows what he is doing. If the Dragons don't fire up for the finals there is something wrong, they should be sick to death of hearing the 'chokers' tag.

How exactly? Please explain

Not saying we shouldn't have signed but him but how has our attack improved since he returned?

ebbedfred

Bench
The concern seems to be that we have not scored many points in the last 3 weeks (8,16,10). But lets look at it another way, we have only conceeded 12, 13 and 11 points in the last 3 weeks. Defending points is always harder than scoring them, so the most important aspect (defence) is still there. Most teams would be stoked to conceed 36 points in 3 games.

We still have quite a few weeks to work on scoring points, and to be honest, the more people that write us off the better.

A loss or two seems to have a few people reaching for the panic button, but I'm sure a couple of wins will ease some minds. Still time to create some momentum, and with Weyman and Fien to come back, things will be looking up soon, i hope.

Sometimes if you not playing well and winning, it gives ou a false sense of security, sometimes a loss or 2 is just what you need to highlight where you need to improve.

Ulysseus

Bench
panic+button.jpg