What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

we are NOT the Real Deal!!

thebigredv

First Grade
I didn't jump on that bandwagon but even still losing those kind of games has nothing to do with being the real deal. It just shows how many of our players are coasting, happy to collect their pay cheque without mentally preparing or physically shaping up for professional rugby league.

It just would have been nicer if we hadn't won 4 in a row because it creates a needless hype and false hope when we are going to be lucky to sit anyway above 12th place come the end of year.

ozbuck

Juniors
I didn't jump on that bandwagon but even still losing those kind of games has nothing to do with being the real deal. It just shows how many of our players are coasting, happy to collect their pay cheque without mentally preparing or physically shaping up for professional rugby league.

It just would have been nicer if we hadn't won 4 in a row because it creates a needless hype and false hope when we are going to be lucky to sit anyway above 12th place come the end of year.

If the players are coasting that's the fault of the coach.

People blamed the players for coasting and not giving their all last couple of years --- the blame and responsibility was put on Mary.

Let's see if those same people who pointed blame at the coach will do it again this year. ....or maybe they'll move the goalposts and just blame the players only.

ozbuck

Juniors

People blamed the players for coasting and not giving their all last couple of years --- the blame and responsibility was put on Mary.

Let's see if those same people who pointed blame at the coach will do it again this year. ....or maybe they'll move the goalposts and just blame the players only.

ozbuck

Juniors

People said the players were coasting and not giving their all last couple of years --- and they hung the blame and responsibility on Mary.

Dragon David

First Grade
I can't believe those people who jumped on the "real deal" bandwagon a few weeks ago.

We are so far off being a top 4 team it's not funny. We'll be lucky to even make the 8 this year.

Absolute pretenders. All bark but no bite.

Keep buying into the illusion
We are so inept and cannot even do the basics right. None of the players that we have in firsts and reserves deserve to be playing in the Red V.

Since McGuire came onto the scene we have lost 3 games straight and he came here after loso=ing all games with e]the Cowboys. Our attack is non existent and no-one showed guts to take the game by the scruff and lead by example. No-one is gelling and poor efforts all round. Hook, Elliott and Gentle should receive some criticism for the past 3 weeks of poor performances.

Not likely to beat the Bulldogs next week and of course definitely will be thrashed by the Storm the week after. In fact, possibly not win any more games this year I'm sorry to say.

The Tigers were not that much chop and with all of the possession they had they should have piled on the tries.

We have injuries now and our reserves are just reserves. We don't have the depth and our confidence has crashed dramatically.

I'm actually embarrassed for us and the fans who went to WIN Stadium. We lose at Netstrata and WIN and we play at Netstrata next week and that won't phase the BUlldogs.

We definitely won't make the 8 this year.

Illusion

Bench
Look everyone its simple we just don't have the players .... Old Timer touched on this earlier in the week, our pack is an aging pack that are good a couple of games here and there .... As for the coach Im ok with him he isnt going to turn the team around after 6 games ..... The rot is embedded from the last 7 years .....

Illusion

Bench
Look everyone its simple we just don't have the players .... Old Timer touched on this earlier in the week, our pack is an aging pack that are good a couple of games here and there .... As for the coach Im ok with him he isnt going to turn the team around after 6 games ..... The rot is embedded from the last 7 years .....

ozbuck

Juniors
"we just don't have the players" hahaha practically the same core squad as last year. NOW it's the players. Last year it was the coach. If only we have a new coach they said. Mary the patsy

Illusion

Bench
Thanks
"we just don't have the players" hahaha practically the same core squad as last year. NOW it's the players. Last year it was the coach. If only we have a new coach they said. Mary the patsy
Thanks Mary .... So you are ok with the players ...?

thebigredv

First Grade

True. Time for the club to announce Staggs as replacement for Norman for starters and then latch on to some decent backrowers. Even Mary put together a better team than some of those Nuffies.

Dragon David

First Grade
A lot of our players have come from other clubs. They are rejects in a way and in my opinion do not have the Red V in their blood to stand up and be counted.

We should be looking at our fitness people and trainers to get our players in tip top condition. If we played one of the top 4 teams today the scoreline would have been so embarrassing.

We are just an inept club at the moment and have been for so many years. Griffin is trying but the cattle we have got should be let out to pasture.

matPORTS

Juniors
After today I've certainly started to lose patience with Dufty. The situation in this came calls for your full back to go searching for the football and unfortunately he didn't do that. I counted maybe two or three touches in attack midway through sets. Additionally if he was charged with defusing a landmine in the war you'd be a blood nervous wreck every time ! Additionally with Lomax & Cody both going down he really needed to stand up full pelt today, and didn't do so. Frustrating !

I don't know where we go to with our outside backs next week. Perhaps a good opportunity for others to get a run against the Bulldogs with Cody, Rava, JP and Lomax all potentially unavailable. Williame covers Lomax naturally, but who gets a run on the left wing ?

The Kerr on the edge experiment is quickly running its course, if not already there. Jackson Ford needs to come back in with Kerr in the props rotation on the bench. Why change Fuimaono from starting at 13 ? He's been a revelation there this year.

1. Dufty
2. Ramsey (Schiller or Mat Feagai)
3. Bird
4. Lomax (Williame)
5. Ravalawa (Max Feagai)

6. Norman
7. Hunt

8. Lawrie
9. McCullough
10. Vaughan
11. Ford
12. Sims