What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We are still a good chance to make the 8

The Engineers Room

First Grade
With a win tonight and a run of wins we can still make the eight.

I ran through a few scenarios with the Eels winning their remaining games to get to 29 points and found that the cut off to the eight was 26 on most occasions. So even one loss could be OK.

As long as the top 5 keep beating the teams below them (Excluding the Eels of course) we can finish as high as 6th. Even with teams like the Panthers/Tigers/Sharks/Knights not being upset by lower ranked teams.

But tonight is a crucial test after last week. Just think if we had beaten the Dragons, Sea Eagles and Panthers, We would be on the edge of the eight and a winning run would have us challenging the top 5.

TheParraboy

Staff member
with Sandow, Tonga and a fit Poore, we are a good chance for the world club challenge game as well

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
Problem with this is we have yet to go back to back wins, but we still have a chance so I won't lose hope, but I won't hold my breath either.

Stagger eel

Staff member
holygrail017.jpg

Angry_eel

First Grade
If we keep winning, we'll make the 8.

and the rest will take care of itself.

and one week at a time.

and if our forwards go forwards....

and if we complete our sets...

Please feel free to add other clichés!

Last edited:

Swiftstylez

Bench
Some of you guys are spastics. As long as we can still make the eight ON OUR TERMS by winning, you should still be worrying about this year AS I'M SURE THE TEAM AND OUR BELOVED HINDMARSH HASN'T WRITTEN OFF THIS ONE YET.

Have some passion merkins and enjoy a chance at beating the Bulldogs because this game ALWAYS explodes, especially on Friday nights.

It is improbable that we will make the eight but it is still in our hands. I hope we do win so next week against the Storm it gives me something to care about other than abusing the f**k out of them.

Last edited:

Eels Dude

Coach
Some of you guys are spastics. As long as we can still make the eight ON OUR TERMS by winning, you should still be worrying about this year AS I'M SURE THE TEAM AND OUR BELOVED HINDMARSH HASN'T WRITTEN OFF THIS ONE YET.

In 2008 our beloved Hindmarsh thought we could still make the 8 even though it was mathematically impossible. He had to be informed that we were no chance by a journalist in the post match press conference.

kiwiperth

Juniors
While the Eels are long shots, they should still focus on making the 8 this year. Not impossible just improbable, and anyone who remembers what happened the last 2 years with the roosters and eels, never write a side off.

Chipmunk

Coach
With a win tonight and a run of wins we can still make the eight.

I ran through a few scenarios with the Eels winning their remaining games to get to 29 points and found that the cut off to the eight was 26 on most occasions. So even one loss could be OK.

As long as the top 5 keep beating the teams below them (Excluding the Eels of course) we can finish as high as 6th. Even with teams like the Panthers/Tigers/Sharks/Knights not being upset by lower ranked teams.

But tonight is a crucial test after last week. Just think if we had beaten the Dragons, Sea Eagles and Panthers, We would be on the edge of the eight and a winning run would have us challenging the top 5.

Anyone who thinks we are a still any realistic chance of making the finals is an imbacile!

Sorry..but its a fact