What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We can start planning for next year

JetRider

Juniors
I think that this was a must win for us, losing this game puts us in a very poor position with the hard games to come. I think that I am now at the point where I do not believe we can make it.

meatloaf

Juniors
Look i dont think you guys deserve to make they 8, you have the team too but you dont seem to play with alot of heart. Just my honest opinion.

Big Sam

First Grade
A new fullback would be good. One who doesn't resemble a statue when defending on 5th tackle preferably...

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Too many narrow losses to teams now ahead of them.

I'm not too disappointed (and it's not completely catcus just yet ... just very, very nearly). I have higher hopes for 2011.

liquor box

Juniors
I think we need to have a hard look at how good we actually are. Sandow and Sutton have the skills to win a game but dont seem to be able to win a big game that is a must win. Every one who watches the game would have to admit they have as much talent as any other player and on their day they are brilliant, but they will never ever win a premiership because they take poor options.

We need another halfbak and 5/8, I dont know where from but this is what we are missing, sure we have had injuries to our forwards which does not help with our go forward, but think of how often we are 20 metres away from a try with 5 tackles to go and we end up with a sh*t kick hoping for some luck. they just dont have it.

I wonder if Faloon (injury pending) at hooker and Isaac Luke at 6 with Sandow at 7 would make any difference? I have always thought that Sutton could be a good centre as he would be able to offload to a winger one handed, I just dont see him as a consistant 5/8 and he is not a forward.

Unless we can recruit some big game backs we will not win a premiership, we have champion forwards and average backs with lots of unproven talent.

Fein

First Grade
I think we need to have a hard look at how good we actually are. Sandow and Sutton have the skills to win a game but dont seem to be able to win a big game that is a must win. Every one who watches the game would have to admit they have as much talent as any other player and on their day they are brilliant, but they will never ever win a premiership because they take poor options.

We need another halfbak and 5/8, I dont know where from but this is what we are missing, sure we have had injuries to our forwards which does not help with our go forward, but think of how often we are 20 metres away from a try with 5 tackles to go and we end up with a sh*t kick hoping for some luck. they just dont have it.

I wonder if Faloon (injury pending) at hooker and Isaac Luke at 6 with Sandow at 7 would make any difference? I have always thought that Sutton could be a good centre as he would be able to offload to a winger one handed, I just dont see him as a consistant 5/8 and he is not a forward.

Unless we can recruit some big game backs we will not win a premiership, we have champion forwards and average backs with lots of unproven talent.

Pretty much on the money there.

No pack has got over ours all year and we've struggled to get our best pack on the park at one time.

Decimated by injuries is the bottom line with our season.

As for tonight, all credit to the dogs, one of a few teams that have really shut us out.

It's sudden death from here on in for Souths.

Galeforce

Bench
Sutton to centre , Merrit to Fullback , Wesser not dynamic enough in defence/attack.However this only works if we have a better 5/8. Who is available? Sandow is good , cannot blame him.
We tried to pound the bulldogs line yesterday with predictable 1 out charges. however noone was really running onto the ball which made it easy for defence. Our kicking game near the line was pretty poor.

Dave Q

Coach
Sutton at 5/8 = myth just like Bird

I dont think so. I see him play almost every week, live or whatever.

He be in the top 25% of 5/8ths in the game.

Last night, he had a generally poor game with the boot.

You wouldnt see him play like that in 50 games.

But as usual, even as he was drowning, he tried his bloody guys out. Hes a 200% effort player. Hes entitled to the odd shocker.

I think Champion's absence had a real impact. We missed him terribly.

Ennis had a blinder, getting back to his formidable best. If only he did that in Origin!

It was disspaointing to have the points piled on at the end... and the report for big Sam.

We are in some trouble on the table, we have to dig deep to salvage the season.

Last edited:

SEAT 1A

Bench
I think Champion's absence had a real impact. We missed him terribly.

Agree Dave Q.

Bulldogs were a bit lucky with Goodwins try. Nice kick from the Bulldogs but Meritt had the ball covered. 12 - 6 at half time would have been a good result for the Bunnies.

Should have put on a few more points in the first half however, with Beau Champion out of the team didn't help. Bunnies got into the contest in the second half however, needed Asotasi to be on the field longer. Dogs had breathing space and was never under pressure. The big difference was the kicking in the second half. Sutton's kicking games was a bit off last night.

Thought Dave Tryell had a good game and a big blow if Sam gets suspended however, with Roy, Luke and Beau back in the team points should follow.

boo_boo

Juniors
We need to stand up & start taking accountability for our own poor performances.
What we seen last night was not good enough but thankfully there is room for improvement.
Burgess, Sandow, Tyrell & Falloon (until injured) did our jersey proud & cant be faulted.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Yes you can give it away your forwards are the most overrated in the NRL and your backs are simply rubbish you'll rightly be out of the top 8 by the end of the weekend.

Fein

First Grade
Yes you can give it away your forwards are the most overrated in the NRL and your backs are simply rubbish you'll rightly be out of the top 8 by the end of the weekend.

OUR forwards are over-rated??? :lol::lol::lol:

boo_boo

Juniors
I look forward to seeing the Titans bow out yet again with the whimper that ended their season last year.
Of course that's if the Salary Cap auditors dont get them first.

Sugar

Bench
Less media stories - every bloody time we get hyped we fall hard

More execution on the basics is needed

Tom Ace

Bench
Pretty much on the money there.

No pack has got over ours all year and we've struggled to get our best pack on the park at one time.

Decimated by injuries is the bottom line with our season.

As for tonight, all credit to the dogs, one of a few teams that have really shut us out.

It's sudden death from here on in for Souths.

Ahem, Round 1?

Latest posts