What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

we cant win with timmy

gustarny

Juniors
HOW are our smaller forwards going to make yards hitting it up one out all the time all we do is 4 forward hit ups one ball out wide and then hope for a miracle kick.whats wrong with cayless hiting the ball up and passing to fui just before the line.with a support player off fui as he will have more chance of an offload due to 3 players not just predictably waiting to smash him.if he hits it up one out.you dont have to be a rocket scientist to coach a team to beat us.We need variation i cant even recall an inside ball to try and catch a lazy marker out.for christ sake people at our club are getting paid big dollars lets earn these and do what a coach is supposed to .I am filthy because i really thought we had a genuine chance after we played so brilliantly against the tigers on that monday night.

Tizzun

Juniors
Either Hagan or the players are not smart enough to teach/run plays. Put Farah or Lockyer, players with footy intelligence, into our team and we would be brilliant. As it stands our current "creative" players are too docile to do anything remotely intelligent.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Nothing wrong with one out, aslong as you keep the opposition second guessing eg offloads, it took Cayless 60 minutes to start throwing the ball before the line.

Feleti easily our best forward on Monday night had next to know one supporting him alnight, gee he played well.

apeman

Juniors
feleti played well.

he deserves more ball, more early. He has Tahu outside him for gods sake!

Feleti and tahu would run circles around the opposition if given the ball early.

Put yourself in the defenders boots, imagine facing tahu and feleti running at you!

It surprises me that Feleti does not combine with Tim more. They have a great understanding from the Junior days. They read each other like a book. Finch should take a break and sit on the wing every now and then and let Feleti get early ball.

Just on the one out forward stuff..... It's pretty bad. If we had other players running with the ball carrier it would make a world of difference, It's so basic it's not funny. It would put the defenders in two minds. As I said this should be happening Automatically, The Guildford Renegade Under 6's can do it better.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Tahu is one of the biggest offenders here

He always takes the ball up the middle of the ruck and never looks to offload, and more often than not, he runs sideways.

Why don't they have players like him standing wider and taking the ball from the first receiver and running at gaps rather than the forwards.

I guess it all gets down to our first receivers or organizers, or lack of.

gustarny

Juniors
Yes Jake it sh*ts me big time i coach under twelves to do second man plays and what i call twos where one of my smaller skilful forwards hits it up and either pops a ball back on the inside or outside it is so easy and works well but here we have a multi million dollar team who plays this bland style of play.

gustarny

Juniors
Since lukey has been injured and wade left us i cannot recall saying to myself gee cayless or fui you should have passed it.Not once have i in the last 6 weeks seen a player flash through in support hoping for an offload .I think they stand back and say gee that was a good run mate .I just passed the ball to you thats my job done ffsake pj and finchyand whoever lets look keen and want the god damn pill.

gustarny

Juniors
Ron offloads are not one out play your confusing yourself but then again you think tim smith is playing great so that figgers.

burt has always been the best support player of late

I recall in 01, how there would be about 3 guys running alongside the player being tackled, ready to make a bust if he was able to make a sneaky offload,

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Well it seems like I have some support after the 1000 times I have posted this over the last few weeks.

Seems like so long ago I was saying this and people were saying that our attack was fine.

Now I just need some support on bodies in motion in the opposition 20 and angled runners. It's something that not many teams seem to do but when they do the defence just has little to no answer.

sooperdooper

First Grade
sometimes i wonder why i come on here... so many trolls come out only when we lose.
I would really like to know why its Tims fault we lost this game?

When we win Tim is a legend and when we lose he should be dropped.
He is our number 7 and will be for many years to come... a great player and has had a great season... How many games have we won off the back of him?

Its really disappointing to come in here and see some of these comments...

It comes down to us fans being frustrated at not having won a premiership for 21 years... all we want to do is blame our halfback every year... no matter who it is!

It is time other players stepped up and showed some leadership and heart, its not up to the halfback to do everything (anyone who thinks that are dillusional)
The modern game is about 13 players not 1.

I will still maintain, if we had a decent hooker we would be such a better team, our service from hooker is poor

goboggo

Juniors
Natalie's Daddy said:
Now I just need some support on bodies in motion in the opposition 20 and angled runners. It's something that not many teams seem to do but when they do the defence just has little to no answer.
That glorious day that we smashed the Dogs by 50 I had tickets behind the goals. It was a great spot for that game because it was amazing to see the amount of players running angles for Tim Smith. He was taking the ball and by the time he had run two or three steps there were players going inside, outside, coming from deep, awaiting the cut-out pass, they were everywhere. It was so very, very impressive.

gustarny

Juniors
Sooper that is scary if he is going to be our half for many years to come we will struggle big time.we have a strong team across the park in most positions we have an average halfback who dominates the ball when things come off sure he is the one who does it but he is to much hit and miss can be brilliant but also very very poor.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
goboggo said:
That glorious day that we smashed the Dogs by 50 I had tickets behind the goals. It was a great spot for that game because it was amazing to see the amount of players running angles for Tim Smith. He was taking the ball and by the time he had run two or three steps there were players going inside, outside, coming from deep, awaiting the cut-out pass, they were everywhere. It was so very, very impressive.

You see we do it and it comes off then we don't try it again, it baffles me. I always thought it was just Brian Smith. The defence has been a problem too before with the line speed being very slow which resulted in less dominant tackles. I think this year it has been better though.

Kornstar

Coach
sooperdooper said:
sometimes i wonder why i come on here... so many trolls come out only when we lose.
I would really like to know why its Tims fault we lost this game?

When we win Tim is a legend and when we lose he should be dropped.
He is our number 7 and will be for many years to come... a great player and has had a great season... How many games have we won off the back of him?

Its really disappointing to come in here and see some of these comments...

It comes down to us fans being frustrated at not having won a premiership for 21 years... all we want to do is blame our halfback every year... no matter who it is!

It is time other players stepped up and showed some leadership and heart, its not up to the halfback to do everything (anyone who thinks that are dillusional)
The modern game is about 13 players not 1.

I will still maintain, if we had a decent hooker we would be such a better team, our service from hooker is poor

I too am baffled at Tim getting the blame, he threw the ball for our try and also the ball to Hayne that should have been a try. He wasn't great but there were worse out there. Atleast he was trying!!! Our forwards are soft, plain and simple!!

I agree about our Hookers too, why is it that so many teams can be at our kickers feet by the time they get the ball? If they are on-side, then that means the service is too slow, i don't think there is any urgency in our dummy half area......

Pazza

First Grade
i think we need a proper hooker

riddell excels in the back row, leave him there

Latest posts