What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We finally have a backbone

slippy

Juniors
You know the biggest difference between Parramatta 2010-2013 compared to Parramatta in 2014?

The fact we have a f*cking backbone and don't fold when we get behind :cool:

R3 down 10-0 against Manly, nearly won
R8 down 18-0 against North Queensland, fought back but lost
R15 down 18-0 against Melbourne, same as above
R20 down 12-6 in second half away against Gold Coast, won
R22 down 10-0 against Canberra, won
R23 down 10-0 against Canterbury, should've won
R24 down 12-0 at HT against Manly, stormed home for the win

What I am trying to say is, this is SEVEN games this season that we could've folded like years gone by and got thrashed by 40 points. Especially North Queensland and Melbourne away, at 18-0 down you would expect it to turn into 50 or 60 points, but no, we fought back. I have noticed a huge attitude change in the 5-10 minutes directly after halftime every single week (Thank you Brad Arthur).

We didn't win all of these games, in fact we only won three, but a good sign your team is building positively is how you dig deep when you are under the pump. We now have a team that is able to get into the grind and play smart patient and tough footy.

All our experiences, learning, and growth so far this year resulted in last nights second half, the best second half since 2009 (take your pick which game). Enjoy it Parramatta fans!

TheParraboy

Staff member
we have been behind many times this year and then got lapped

we could very easily lose by 30 to the knights next week

we are getting there for sure , but not where we want to be

The Colonel

Immortal
After the Sandow no try I was half expecting us to shit ourselves. Was very happy to be proven wrong.

My thoughts as well, but what do we know???

My thoughts too.

That was a massive win against a team that has been the benchmark along with Melbourne for a long time.

Hayne has said if we play the eighty we can finally run with the big boys. I believe him.

They must do what they did last night against the Knights and Canberra.

Chipmunk

Coach
My thoughts too.

That was a massive win against a team that has been the benchmark along with Melbourne for a long time.

Hayne has said if we play the eighty we can finally run with the big boys. I believe him.

They must do what they did last night against the Knights and Canberra.

This is a great point. If we now lose to the Knights and Canberra then last nights win will mean very little.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
You know the biggest difference between Parramatta 2010-2013 compared to Parramatta in 2014?

The fact we have a f*cking backbone and don't fold when we get behind :cool:

R3 down 10-0 against Manly, nearly won
R8 down 18-0 against North Queensland, fought back but lost
R15 down 18-0 against Melbourne, same as above
R20 down 12-6 in second half away against Gold Coast, won
R22 down 10-0 against Canberra, won
R23 down 10-0 against Canterbury, should've won
R24 down 12-0 at HT against Manly, stormed home for the win

What I am trying to say is, this is SEVEN games this season that we could've folded like years gone by and got thrashed by 40 points. Especially North Queensland and Melbourne away, at 18-0 down you would expect it to turn into 50 or 60 points, but no, we fought back. I have noticed a huge attitude change in the 5-10 minutes directly after halftime every single week (Thank you Brad Arthur).

We didn't win all of these games, in fact we only won three, but a good sign your team is building positively is how you dig deep when you are under the pump. We now have a team that is able to get into the grind and play smart patient and tough footy.

All our experiences, learning, and growth so far this year resulted in last nights second half, the best second half since 2009 (take your pick which game). Enjoy it Parramatta fans!

To a point I disagree and there are quite a few games this year where we let things that went against us govern the result and we got thrashed, thus the reason our F/A is so bad.