What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We must keep Seage.

keeney

First Grade
He's a better fullback than either of them, that's the point. Sure Milton can do things, but he can also lose a game better than any fullback I see running around in first grade. It's just a matter of time.

bluesbreaker

Bench
keeney said:
He's a better fullback than either of them, that's the point. Sure Milton can do things, but he can also lose a game better than any fullback I see running around in first grade. It's just a matter of time.

Exactly right. Hinton has filled me with confidence at this stage either.

keeney

First Grade
Hinton hasn't done anything that Seage hasn't done better, or more regularly. In fact he was pretty close to awful in his first couple games.

antonius

Coach
I really like Seage as a player, and must admit I jumped onto the Thaiday bandwagon at the end of last year. For various reasons Milton has slipped a fair amount over the season, and at the moment I think Seage is the nO1 fullback at the club. He's super safe at the back, perfect positionally, and can back up to score tries. I think Hinton is the long term fullback at the club, but keeping Seage seems logical ATM. He can play wing (a position that I think we'll struggle with next year) and is there if we are in trouble for a fullback. Like I said ATM I think he should be the starting fullback. He's had a stack of injuries sure, but think back when he first joined us, he was sensational in the few games he played, and all the indications are from his performances this year that talent is still there, yes sign him, we'd be crazy not to if he's ready to go into our 2nd tier cap.

D

Deleted member 10972

I see

Seage
Thaiday
Polglase
Franze
Macdougall

Tighe would be around FG too.

Alex28

Coach
Sir Knight82 said:
Even $50k is a risky amount for this guy though.
Exactly how long does he have to play injury free before he is not seen as a "risk"? Do we carry on about Joey being an injury risk?

How about judging him on his merits? His form?

In fact, there is a fair case to say that Milton is "injury prone" at the moment - ready to not re-sign him next year?

roopy

Referee
Seage is a firstgrade standard player.
If you can sign one of them for a tenth of what we pay our top guys - why the hell not. They don't grow on trees.

knights9

Juniors
His a good player and id like to see him stay. but then again we do have some good Fullbacks like Hinton, Thaiday and Wooden.

Alex28

Coach
Hinton seems a fair way off being first grade quality at the moment - could probably do with another year in Premier League. He looked a tad out of his depth in his limited opportunities. A year under Brian Smith - who has a proven track record of getting the best out of young talent - will do him the world of good.

Seage is good enough to play First Grade - Fullback, Wing or Centre. If he wants to play here for peanuts, why wouldn't we let him?

wahoo202

Juniors
I think Thaiday would go great in the centres, and his one on one defence wouldn't be found out so much. IMO, he's also a bit suspect under the high ball. I think centre would suit him better.

Yosh

Coach
I used to think that Thaiday was our best option at full back but after seeing him come back from injury, and seeig him out agin because of injury, i dont think he is he the best opition for full back anymore. Every is saying we need a game winner in Thaiday at fullback, but I think in the finals we need a really safe player, who we can rely on and Thaiday can come off the bench for a bit or something.

Also we have Johns who can virtually create a try from anywhere. Thaiday is also not that young from what i remember, and he does get injured alot as well. So if anyone's argument is that Seage is too old and too injury prone, then i dont think that arugument stands.

Furthermore, if he is willing to get paid less then he would at KFC, i would chip into paying him.