What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We need a fullback next year.

Wittenberg

Juniors
We were happy on this forum to let Dugan go, not worth fullback money, not a fb who could play the modern fb game....etc, etc. Now we want him back? He has not set the world on fire at Cronulla so why go down that road again? In a way I don’t get this fullback obsession....the thread could just as well be,
We need a prop or props next year
We need a centre / centres next year
We need another edge forward next year
We need a new coach next year
We need a new CEO next year
Yet here we are fixated on who will be our fullback.....

j0nesy

Bench
Not at the top of our list of issues. Dufty might develop with some decent wingers alongside him. Sailor might develop. Lomax may develop. Norman can cover, Field can cover. A CEO, followed by a coach, a lock, a winger and a centre would be the priority order I’d go for. For Christ sake give Timm a go and Kerr more of a go as the forwards are struggling.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
No Dugan for me, if I were to sign any veteran players it would be the Morris boys on a package deal.

Seeing Brett Morris tearing it up for the Chooks really pisses me off! The story goes that Millward, the esteemed Dragons recruitment officer, didn’t see the need to recruit any quality backs despite Nightingale’s pending retirement.

And apparently, MacDonald’s form was pleasing (at least to some folk anyway). This went pear shape once he decided he was “homesick” (a euphemism for “sick of Paul bloody McGregor”). History shows the decision to remain stagnant and acquire two bush standard wingers (Pearson and Ravalawa) has been spectacularly awful to the detriment of the team.

Even the so-called “lesser Morris”, Josh, would be a massive upgrade on the incumbents, Aitken and Lafai.

Effin’ frustrating how poorly the club is administered with no end in sight.

Last edited:

Gm5

Juniors
Lachlane coote looks good in the red V and is going quite well for St Helens, could throw him an NRL lifeline

boardlumps62

Juniors
Lachlane coote looks good in the red V and is going quite well for St Helens, could throw him an NRL lifeline
But we keep falling over ourselves trying to patch up our broken playing roster. Lachlan Coote 29 probably getting good money in the Old Dart.
We want (I want) some youth to fill the gaps because simply so they say we have no spare case in the salary cap.
Musby someone knows the dark truth

BLM01

First Grade
I have said it often plenty look good over there but not here anymore or never have looked good hereincluding coaches.
Steve Price is going good ovr there..bring him back to replace Mary..:p
If Coote was still any good you would think he would not be over there at his age...although Cowboys were sort of banking on Holmes. But no other NRL club through him a lifeline.
Pass from me re Coote...and Steve Price

Dugan?!
no-cap-2-300x234.jpg

I think that, until Cody Ramsey is ready, we need a 5/8 to fill the gap left by Widdop cos Norman has not demonstrated that he is it. Lachlan Croker is off contract, and we could do worse. In fact we did - his name is Corey Norman.
Dufty has incredible pace and could become a great finisher if used on the wing. With some work, Luce could become a damaging centre in the mould of Mal Meninga.
We also need two centres.
Regardless of what we "need" we aren't going to get it cos McIdiot will not change anything.
(ctrl + v) = 2015
(ctrl + v) = 2016
(ctrl + v) = 2017
(ctrl + v) = 2018
etc