What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Need A Hooker Signing

Djay

Juniors
I reckon Robson has been playing very well lately, Alot better then he was in half. But I do believe we need a "quality" hooker who dart from dummy half and really start our attacks. I'd really like to see Mitchell get a go soon before I say "we need to buy a hooker". He could be brilliant or he could be a major let down, But I've heard good things about. Would love to see him get a go soon.

andrew057

First Grade
you clearly have not seen any of our games this year.Burns has added a bit of mongrel that has been missing for a few years

Ive seen plenty of Burns this year and lat year and the year before. The guy is a borderline FG player with little upside imo. Enjoy having him on your books for the next 3 years.

caylo

Bench
Off-contract out & out hookers are:
Andrew McCullough
Glen Buttriss
Stuart Flanagan
Terrence Seu Seu
Ryan Hinchcliffe
Clint Amos
Anthony Watts
Luke Priddis
Are any of them really an improvement on current stocks?
Ennis, Nathan Friend, De Gois, Payne & Isaac Luke are off contract end of next year

Exactly, its not who is avaliable but rather who is avaliable and able to improve out squad. Robson and MK are doing a good job atm, plus we have Mitch waiting in the wings. Maybe getting a hooker for depth for wenty or NYC.

We could invest in a hooker, personally id like to see filinga given a go in the centres, OHanlan off the bench (maybe late this yr or next). I think Shak could play as a 2nd prop off the bench (but be able to play in the backrow). Sika would be good but i dont know if we could afford him, when hindy finishes we could see a big purchase for the backrow to replace him and have money left over to invest in a decent hooker if need.

TheRam

Coach
Ram, why have we no chance, shoudn't we be in there somewhere.

You only have to read some forums on here, say Sharks, and they are a chance for everyone

Well, I just don't think it would be practical or probable for us since we already have Hayne on 500 thou and Cronk would command the same sort of money. Two of those types of player on our books would mean problems for the rest of our playing roster I think.

But then again, who knows, especially if there is a relaxing of the salary cap from next year.

codger

Juniors
I would go after George Ndaira who is sitting in NSW cup for Newcastle . Top player and would be cheap as chips

Latest posts