What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We need a new doc

westie

Bench
Ben Reynolds anyone.

I'd have Ben Reynolds ahead of our two current halfbacks even now. I didn't want him to play for the Roos, unlike you dimwits with CH - I wanted him to kick, pass and organise something we still haven't solved. Oh, and you'll remember I thought it a good idea to keep Benji out of first grade so he wasn't injured for the next 5 seasons. You're good with stats, how many games did the kid miss through those long term injuries before he was developed enough for the NRL? It was certainly more than he played at one sad stage.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Masco quotes Farah this week suggesting he thought the club (and obviously many of the players) were backwards - even saying he decided to leave. Quite frankly, any bloke who wasn't satisfied with being sh*t is fine by me.

Steve Mascord?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd have Ben Reynolds ahead of our two current halfbacks even now. I didn't want him to play for the Roos, unlike you dimwits with CH - I wanted him to kick, pass and organise something we still haven't solved. Oh, and you'll remember I thought it a good idea to keep Benji out of first grade so he wasn't injured for the next 5 seasons. You're good with stats, how many games did the kid miss through those long term injuries before he was developed enough for the NRL? It was certainly more than he played at one sad stage.
And how many games did Reynolds play before busting his leg.

Furthermore, how many more did he play after said injury.

He was a sh*t player.

Heighington is more a first grade player than Reynolds ever could or would have been. I know it's a bit rare and odd, but occasionally some players have a run of very good form.

You won't ever want to admit it, but 99.9% of the league world agreed that Heighington was good enough for the Roos when his form was good.

His form isn't so good now. It's clear and obvious, everyone can see it. Everyone else understands the fluctuations in form which some players go through.

But please, do go on. Reynolds was the answer, it's a shame he's not still around.

Heighington was never good enough for first grade. He should have played Lacrosse instead. He did nothing but prevent O'Hara from securing a regular gig in the top team.

And poor Shannon McDonnell, he's real fast and would've been an awesome fullback for us this year.

You sit here and pontificate about how everyone else bangs on about certain players, and then turn around with your very own cliche's.

Your no better or worse than everyone else here but seem to think you're some form of know-it-all whose vision far exceeds that of everyone elses.

westie

Bench
And how many games did Reynolds play before busting his leg.

Furthermore, how many more did he play after said injury.

He was a sh*t player.

Heighington is more a first grade player than Reynolds ever could or would have been. I know it's a bit rare and odd, but occasionally some players have a run of very good form.

You won't ever want to admit it, but 99.9% of the league world agreed that Heighington was good enough for the Roos when his form was good.

His form isn't so good now. It's clear and obvious, everyone can see it. Everyone else understands the fluctuations in form which some players go through.

But please, do go on. Reynolds was the answer, it's a shame he's not still around.

Heighington was never good enough for first grade. He should have played Lacrosse instead. He did nothing but prevent O'Hara from securing a regular gig in the top team.

And poor Shannon McDonnell, he's real fast and would've been an awesome fullback for us this year.

You sit here and pontificate about how everyone else bangs on about certain players, and then turn around with your very own cliche's.

Your no better or worse than everyone else here but seem to think you're some form of know-it-all whose vision far exceeds that of everyone elses.

I didn't say Reynolds was overly flash. I said he should have been our halfback (or at least doing a job for us, regardless of the number on his back) and I still maintain that we need a player who can kick, pass and organise. Please tell me I'm wrong. Please... do.

Heighington's form is not one bit worse now than it was before. If anything, he's better now than then. You all got on the bandwagon, just like with other sh*t players. Glenn Stewart for example.

You realise O'Hara and CH play different positions right? CH should have, and still should be playing with a bench spell.

I certainly wouldn't mind Shannon back at 1 now. I'll give you your Moltzen, and his dropped balls (and I'm not just talking about bombs) though.

You're right about CH being hopeless, but Moltzen is a bloody good half back. He's proven time and time again, when playing fullback he's excellent but at fullback he's merely diabolical.

westie

Bench
He's not a halfback in any sense of the word. Check the "evolution of the lock forward" thread for my thoughts on players with his attributes and Sheens' strange deviation from using smaller players.

That'll be in the NRL forum p.s.

Fordy20

Juniors
So you'd use him at lock or pivot?

What's wrong with slapping the #7 jersey on him and just getting him to play second receiver?

westie

Bench
Depends on our defence. If we suddenly develop a Melbourne style structure and commitment, it mightn't be a bad idea to have another runner at 7... maybe. Even they have Cronk doing the essentials though. As I said in the other thread, I'd hoped the evolution of league would accommodate a player like him, but it hasn't, and our forward pack, least of all, can afford to cover for another loose attacker.

Edit: playing second receiver means Benji has to be first. Something he is not good at. But most of all, it keeps Benji from playing wide and floating... the thing he is good at.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I didn't say Reynolds was overly flash. I said he should have been our halfback (or at least doing a job for us, regardless of the number on his back) and I still maintain that we need a player who can kick, pass and organise. Please tell me I'm wrong. Please... do.

Heighington's form is not one bit worse now than it was before. If anything, he's better now than then. You all got on the bandwagon, just like with other sh*t players. Glenn Stewart for example.

You realise O'Hara and CH play different positions right? CH should have, and still should be playing with a bench spell.

I certainly wouldn't mind Shannon back at 1 now. I'll give you your Moltzen, and his dropped balls (and I'm not just talking about bombs) though.
You seemed to think Reynolds was first grade quality. That's bad enough. We do need a player who can kick, pass and organise. We had that with Lincoln Withers and he was crap. Reynolds was worse than him.

Don't come the raw prawn westie. Heighingtons form is worse now.

Heighington played quite a number of games at prop while O'Hara was in the lower grades.

I reckon you'd find a glorious thing about having a terminal disease too.

Latest posts