What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We need to lose a game...

Our run home looks like this:

19 - bye
20 - nz (A)
21 - storm (H)
22 - panthers (A)
23 - raiders (A)
24 - broncos (H)
25 - souths (A)
26 - eels (H)

We havne't lost a game since rd 13 against the titans. I fear that if we do not lose another game coming up to the finals that this will not be a positive thing. In fact, i think it somewhat increases our chance of losing a game during finals times.

As such, it would be better for us if we were to lose one of the up coming games. We're still ahead of the dogs and have the bye this week, so even if we lose one, there is still a huge chance that we will win the minor priemership.

Raiders down there is always a bogey game and you can never be too sure playing in NZ (especially coming off the bye). Panthers and Storm cannot be rules out as danger games as well.

Thoughts?????

evil_p091280

Juniors
I dont believe in the whole have to lose a game thingo. I think if a team is better than everyone else and has more depth, good on them if they can not lose.

Did the Tigers lose in 2005? I thought they had like a 13 game winning streak then carried the form into the semis.

Either way, I think the Storm could be a big game. Apart from that, Raiders away the only other concern.

Off the topic, why do the Titans play tonight and then have to backup on Friday? Seems a bit unfair and I thought the NRL didnt allow the Mon-Fri turnaround?

who cares, f**k the titans lol.
and we are not the tigers of 05
As long as the boys dont start to get complacent it dont matter weather we lose a game or not,
if however they do, a loss may be the best thing to get everyones mindset on the job at hand

Patto

Juniors
It is a danger game, but I think the one game we need to win is against the Storm. They've lifted in the last couple of months and are now a major contender. We haven't really beaten them recently (excluded last years mid orgin game) so to come up against them in a huge finals game with the track record we have against them, would be a huge confidence boost if we have one the most recent decision in our favour!

slipperykinchela

First Grade
dont worry we will lose to the Warriors. NO team has won 5 in a row this season, plenty have won 4 but none have won 5. Plus after that we have the very short turnaround against the Storm

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The Storm may be the loss they get as the record against them is attrocious.

Hopefully they will win all games all the way to the finals. Then depending which teams play in Game 1 the Dragons can throw a loss. E.g if Manly, Storm or Knights come 6th and they lose their finals game then the Dragons can lose their game against 8th place (if they come first) and knock the loser of 5th or 6th out of the the finals. Just like teams have done to the Dragons in the past. A few seasons ago the Dogs lost to the Raiders after winning the Premiership and then the Saints who finished 6th or 5th and lost by 1 point to the Panthers were knocked out of the finals.

The Preacher

First Grade
I thought if we were going to lose a game it would be during the Origin games, yet we've come through it undefeated. I can't have any part of the "have to lose one" scenario. If the opposition plays well enough to beat us then fair enough but we don't want to go "tanking" a game just to sooth the superstitous.
"Creeping" has got this side playing so well it's almost scarey, but I'm sure there's other other offerings he hasn't brought to the table yet, so there's no chance of any complacency entering the ranks. Another point is that our Origin NSW reps have had two loses lately and I'm sure they don't want to see that in NRL games as well.
We'll just pot along and sing a song and concentrating on scoring more points than the opposition in every game we play.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
agree i think a loss is a foregone conclusion at some point between now and the end of the year..

i just hope it's not the first weekend in october, or the weekend before that.

i don't think mrs muzby could take it*

*i'm sure she could take the loss, per se, it's dealing with a mopey me that would be the issue.

_Johnsy

Referee
If we must have a loss, I'd love to suffer a loss against Melbourne, and then flog them and end their year in the semis.

Godz Illa

Coach
Yeah I don't buy it either, superstitions are for girls.

However the game to worry about is Melbourne, purely for the short turnaround following the Auckland trip. Flying from Auckland Sunday night and playing the Storm on Friday night will be a test.

Plus the Canberra road trip which has always been a pain in our collective ass

evil_p091280

Juniors
who cares, f**k the titans lol.
and we are not the tigers of 05
As long as the boys dont start to get complacent it dont matter weather we lose a game or not,
if however they do, a loss may be the best thing to get everyones mindset on the job at hand

I agree. I hate the Titans also. Just asking the question cause dont want similar thing happening to Dragons.

Jasdragon

Juniors
If we must have a loss, I'd love to suffer a loss against Melbourne, and then flog them and end their year in the semis.

f**k ever losing to that scum club! I hope we beat them at Kogarah and if we happen to face them again beat them again in the finals! :D

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
I think the bye will give us a hard time tbh but truthfully Melbourne and Canberra would be the two most likely losses.

Doug2234

First Grade
I dont want to loose to the Storm.

Why would anyone?? Then i have to listen to the crapp on the paper and on the radio that the Storm a premiership contenders........ just like i had to listen to it all last week because Manly beat the Bulldogs!!!

THE STORM AND MANLY ARE NOT PREMIERSHIP CONTENDERS!!! EVER!