What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Suck

Albo

Juniors
No go forward, everytime we met a defender it was a tackle which was a complete stop or forced to go backwards.

Our backline, Fitzhenry. Enough said. Everytime he gets the ball in a backline move, instead of running towards the defenders, he slows down, steps right and left, fooling only himself and not the defenders, stagnates the offence, by the time the centre catches the ball, there are 2 defenders on his face.

Paterson must go, Grahame offered nothing, O'Neill although a loyal Balmain boy is out of form and should go straight to the bench. Mears didnt do much, Senter is lacking fitness. How many players have I begged, 5.

I do not doubt our heart, but with no go forward, is impossbile to win any games. Mind you, the rosters didnt have their best forward pack on the field.

Time to make wholesale changes. Lima must be brought back. Should give Fulton a go and bring in a meathead or two for the bench. Give Small a go, Richie Parker, whoever.

Our side for next week

Hodgson
Fitzhenry
Harrison
Elford
Moodie
Benji (hope)
Prince
Halatau
Sattler
Lafranchii
Skandallis
Senter
Gibbs

Lima
O'Neill
Farah
Fulton

simon says

First Grade
I disagree about Graham,he busts his himp and is a good player....he hs taken over the role that Buckets had last year.Im not sire about wholesale players.ALl we need is a good 5th tackle kick and we can keep the pressure on.

Our goal line defense is first class.The forwards tackled their arses off.......

All I would do is bring in Senter(for Mears)Payten and Benji........and tell them to hang on to the bloody ball.You cant win a game against premiership contenders when you keep dropping tha ball..........

We hang on to the ball in that game and it would be a contest.......

Albo

Juniors
Prince is a good kicker, the problem right now is that our forwards are going backwards, leaving Scott little time to kick

innsaneink

Referee
5 times I think we dropped it on the first....once Senter was penalised on the last....another failure to find touch from a penalty.....35 missed opportunities with the ball. :roll:
Im getting sick of excuses, but I dont think wholesale changes will fix anything anyway ( crap is crap no matter how you look at it)
Only positive I saw out of tonites game...even though he made a couple of mistakes...was Hodgson, he never gave up.....all class.
Best to just forget this game ever occurred.
A poor performance.

Kid

Juniors
Sheensy left Senter on too long tonight. I thought we looked better when Mears was out there. I couldn't believe Gibbs was put onto the bench either, as i believe he has been one of our best in the last few weeks. I just have a feeling Sheensy doesn't really mind whether we make the 8 or not this year, as long as we are competitive and he gets to blood all his charges for a full assault next year.

We should all remember, if we get a full side back, theres no reason the Tiges can't make a charge for the semis, as long as we are close enough. Once Benji comes back i expect to see much sharper halves without Fitzy. Prince is only getting better and better.

simon says

First Grade
Senter looked much better than Mears...at least he looked passionate.

Brycxe Gibbs was again pasionate as well.Good to see.

And if Prince's kicking game was good Im Foghorn farkin Leghorn.....if a good kicking games involves kicking it dead or straight to the FB,then I apologise,he had a great kicking game....

Sometimes I wonder If Im watching a different game #-o #-o #-o #-o

Suzie

Juniors
I kept hearing on the radio that they didn't like the way Gibbs tackles ... is there a problem there?

gr8_1

Juniors
innsaneink said:
5 times I think we dropped it on the first....once Senter was penalised on the last....another failure to find touch from a penalty.....35 missed opportunities with the ball. :roll:
Im getting sick of excuses, but I dont think wholesale changes will fix anything anyway ( crap is crap no matter how you look at it)
Only positive I saw out of tonites game...even though he made a couple of mistakes...was Hodgson, he never gave up.....all class.
Best to just forget this game ever occurred.
A poor performance.

Finally a sensible post. :clap:

Tigerpete

Juniors
the problem with Gibbs would be his ability to consistantly hit a bloke high, do real dramas though there.

As for tonights game, just got back a while ago and after much thought came up with this:

* We werent disgraceful, The roosters defended bloody well, in the end they frustrated us and we shot to pieces.

* 5th tackle options...........not good, the ball needs to find prince of fitzhenry, twice, maybe more it found its way to the wing where a kick was then put in. This has been a problem for a few weeks now.

* Senter and Mears WILL swap eventually.

* Patto, need i say more than OUT!

* Wilson, Lima, Harrison (throw in all Balmain's first grade candidates).wont get a call up next week, Problems of their own to sort out after tonight debacle.

*As for next weeks side, other than the likely return of Payton (take 3), Mears and Senter should swap and with a bit of luck Benji may be back.

brook

First Grade
the positives I saw were

1) Hodgson - he's all class and was our best by far despite the fact he was backing up AND it appeared that easts went into the match trying to hurt him

2) The first 20 minutes showed what we are capable of when we get it together.

Thats about it though

tracietiga

Juniors
simon says said:
I disagree about Graham,he busts his himp and is a good player....he hs taken over the role that Buckets had last year.Im not sire about wholesale players.ALl we need is a good 5th tackle kick and we can keep the pressure on.

Our goal line defense is first class.The forwards tackled their arses off.......

All I would do is bring in Senter(for Mears)Payten and Benji........and tell them to hang on to the bloody ball.You cant win a game against premiership contenders when you keep dropping tha ball..........

We hang on to the ball in that game and it would be a contest.......
Well said Simon ,thats exactly how i seen the game .
Patto =body like tarzan/plays like jane .enough said .

simon says

First Grade
The first 20 minutes we actually looked like a football team.It was encouraging,no doubts....the next 60 minutes was diabolical.Stupid mistakes made us look amateurish,we were lucky that we scrambled well or it would have been 50-0.

Special mentions for Boof,Graham and Senter who all made about 40 tackles,the latter 2 no mistakes or missed tackles.....bloody brilliant.

But a big kick up the bum for Buckets....ran 37 metres and missed 9 tackles,Fitzy 3 dropped balls and 4 missed tackles and Elford 6 droppped balls and 5 missed tackles......bloody woeful.

tracietiga

Juniors
simon says said:
The first 20 minutes we actually looked like a football team.It was encouraging,no doubts....the next 60 minutes was diabolical.Stupid mistakes made us look amateurish,we were lucky that we scrambled well or it would have been 50-0.

Special mentions for Boof,Graham and Senter who all made about 40 tackles,the latter 2 no mistakes or missed tackles.....bloody brilliant.

But a big kick up the bum for Buckets....ran 37 metres and missed 9 tackles,Fitzy 3 dropped balls and 4 missed tackles and Elford 6 droppped balls and 5 missed tackles......bloody woeful.

ELFORD 6 DROPPED BALLS AND 5 MISSED TACKLES WERE THE MOST TELLING STATISTICS TO COME OUT OF THE GAME .

brook

First Grade
simon says said:

Dazza's effort was great - no matter what the baggers say we've missed him and I'm overjoyed to have him back.

O'Neill - well I'm one of his biggest fans but he's terribly out of form and 9 missed tackles is absolutely disgraceful, Satts hasn't been much better in this regard either to be honest - he's missing a heap every game which is out of character for both these players so I have no idea whats going on there, something needs to change

vlad

juniors
the bulldogs lost 35-0 to the roosters.

22-0 when we've played poorly isn't an excuse to jump off the gap just yet.

we do need a hard running 2nd rower though ... how's Gravy going ?

Kid

Juniors
I never said Senter didn't play well, i said he was left on too long. He looked tired to me as only can be expected after a long lay off. I agree it's good to have him back.

Latest posts