1. Round 5 Edition OUT NOW:

The Round 5 issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for is out now!

This week it's Penrith v Canberra so we look at the competition leaders with second rower Kurt Capewell, while we also share the story of the birth of the Glebe Dirty Reds, and as always, the full program for the coming weekend's action across NRL, NSWRL and QRL with a wrap-up of the weekend just gone.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 5 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

We thought we had problems.

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by hewi, Mar 18, 2018.

1. hewi

hewi Juniors

what about Parramatta? Very good cattle, maybe problems off field. I had them making the 8, doesn’t look like it at the moment.

hazzbeen likes this.
  2. hazzbeen

hazzbeen Bench

Early days they will start coming good at the right end of the comp . Don't be surprised they come out and win next week . For me its very early to write a team off , but in saying that I'm glad we have started well ....

3. Bests Golden Boots

Bests Golden Boots Bench

You think Nightingale went a year too long?
    What about Tim Manna?

4. hazzbeen

hazzbeen Bench

Mate thought the same thing ....

5. Brutalitops

Brutalitops Juniors

Sure we have problems, but I would still take our circumstances over those of quite a few other teams.

In the grand scheme of things, Dragons problems are actually quite minor. We as a very very passionate fanbase demand perfection and voice this passion loudly, but I think we are better off than Parramatta (recent cap/board dilemma, 54-0 today), Manly (cap drama hanging over them, board fallout last year), Warriors (two excellent games, but does not erase years and years of instability just yet), Bulldogs (absolute shambles of board drama right now, 0-2 start even with fresh coach), Titans (coming out the other side of years of financial issues, Hayne and Henry fighting) and even Penrith (2-0 start is great, but too many players and juniors left for something not to be fishy, and Griffin is probably worse than MC).

We are a club who has underacheived with a coach who seems incapable of taking us all the way. We are tight as a player group and even as a club, we have relative stability right now, which is essential heading into selling negotiations. We aren't perfect but we aren't bad either.

6. Bests Golden Boots

Bests Golden Boots Bench

Jeez, what about the love affair between the Trbojvitch brothers and Gould and Fitler.
    if I was those two I'd wait till I got home to shower otherwise Phil and Brad would be joining them.

merahputih, Gareth67 and SBD82 like this.
  7. Coffs dragon

Coffs dragon Bench

The Hayne plane is still in the Hangar. They look woeful so far, but I'm backing they will come good. They don't have a home ground advantage this year which could be an underlying problem.

8. hewi

hewi Juniors

I hear you, however next week for them is IMO make or break you can’t afford to lose the first 3 games of the season and a 54 - 0 flogging is very bad for the for and against.

hazzbeen likes this.
  9. Red V for life

Red V for life Juniors

All I can say is thank god we don’t have them next week! We have a history of playing teams back into form.

10. BennyV

BennyV Coach

Lol. It’s Round 2.

Country Dragon likes this.
  11. giboz71

giboz71 First Grade

Yes it is. Way too early to be writing any team off.

But imagine this place if we had started this year 0-2 and got lapped 54-0.

12. mickeylane

mickeylane Bench

Parra were attrocious - no team can lose 54-0 and not say there are no problems ! I think Parra havent the forwards to do well this year - I actually picked them to feature in the 2018 GF but I'm prepared to jump off them today.. A team that gets done 54-0 during the season never goes on to win a Comp.. Dragons are a different proposition this year - we have a world class halfback and a team leader on the pitch in Graham plus we have no contract issues that were swirling around like Widdops saga last year and the long running DUGAN fiasco all distracting a team that was performing way beyond expectations during the first 12 weeks of the comp.
    We are a settled team this year w good team harmony..
    Bulldogs
    Parra
    Are in trouble early and something tells me that this comp will be a different kettle of fish from the past few years - I really can't see a clear cut favourite ..

ALSGI and Frank Facer like this.
  13. hewi

hewi Juniors

I reckon this years comp has started with some of the best football I’ve seen . Teams that I thought would do well have flopped, the Knights, Warriors and Tigers better than most people were thinking. A tippers nightmare but great for rugby league.

Emu01, Drag Queen and Gareth67 like this.
  14. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 First Grade

"They could of gone for a steam ........Not that there's anything wrong with that."

[​IMG]

Emu01 and Gareth67 like this.
  15. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 First Grade

Sounds like the Hayne Plane will be on Aircrash Investigation next week!

I think signing Hayne was the start of their problems.
    He has a way of disrupting team spirit.
    Of course, l could be wrong .......... its happened before, albeit, a long time ago.

16. BennyV

BennyV Coach

I’d be calling for Mary to be sacked.

Then again, we are 2-0 and on top of the table and I’m still calling for him to be sacked!

As we’ve agreed - it’s Round 2!

Dragon66 likes this.
  17. BennyV

BennyV Coach

Well, that explains their form to date!

18. giboz71

giboz71 First Grade

Got to wonder don’t you?

Neil Henry was regarded as a pretty fair coach too and he’s now unemployed since Hayne went to the Titans.

Eels certainly didn’t look like they were playing for each other today.

Amazing to think that at the end of next weekend, one of the Sharks and Eels will be 0-3.

19. Bests Golden Boots

Bests Golden Boots Bench

Eels.
    Moses is the problem, there's no go in him at all. When manly scored one of thier many tries he rushed off his line 15 metres upfield and then just stood there when he realised the play went inside, no urgency to get back to the line, just stood there.

Him and Hayne are identical, they only play when they feel like it.

blacksafake and Vic Mackey like this.
  20. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

Interesting fact: no team has conceded 50 points during the season, and then gone on to win the premiership.

Ever.

Put a red line through them after today.

Dragsters and Gareth67 like this.