What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We were missing something in the Pack

Y2Eel

First Grade
Parra Guru said:
I used to like Gallen, but he's become a niggling little w*nker and I'm not sure if I even want him here.

I really hope Ian goes well next season
Well thats good i doubt he coming...

He has poor ball control...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Y2Eel said:
Might just startup the GWO :sarcasm:...

Is Fui Fui back round 1 next season??

yep, even id he doesn't make the NZ squad he has 1 match to serve and chances are he could probably serve it in a trial match.

Y2Eel

First Grade
eelavation said:
yep, even id he doesn't make the NZ squad he has 1 match to serve and chances are he could probably serve it in a trial match.

So we should have our full squad fit for the first round then?

Yep Yep, You can serve 2 Trial Matches are part of a suspension. If your club plays more you can not serve them. On the other hand the Eels Vs Storm game in Griffith this year was not NRL sanctioned, and as such Fui Fui Played.

sooperdooper

First Grade
eelavation said:
do you really believe that weight is his problem?? :?

yeh i think a strong off season with him working really hard on some fitness to lose a few un needed kgs would improve his fitness and his mentality alot

lucablight

First Grade
eels_ said:
our pack is/was fine.

It was our halves that were the issue against the storm. Our last tackle options were diabolical most of the time. That was the major factor in our loss if you ask me.

Our forwards handled their forwards quite well. We were not out muscled in this game.

Tim Smith was adequate. Morris was terrible.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Totally agree with Jake, i even thought this last year, even though we were minor premiers.......in some games when either Hindy or Fui was out we lacked that someone, even in the major semi...we just had droids run the ball up.

I believe Feleti, Cannings can provide this for us next year, both have very good potential in the attacking sense, alot more so then Zeb Tai imo

caylo

Bench
not every1 can have sonny bill's skill, as a backrower, morrison has great skill, so does robo, and hindy. i think they look to offload less because it was do or die, they played it safe and lost. last year even cayless would offload more often, hindy did to. i think if benny moves into the backrow, he could be that sorta player, that causes second phase play. piggy, mateo will play that role nest year, and id like to see piggy play more as a runnign backrower next year

jayman

Juniors
wat we need is someone like a sonny bill...

dead set that guy offloads everytime...

i put it down to his height if anything.. hes a big unit.. and tall and not many people are able to wrap his arms up...

either that.. or they hang off him too much and are a bit tentative in a D..

The Engineers Room

First Grade
jayman said:
wat we need is someone like a sonny bill...

dead set that guy offloads everytime...

i put it down to his height if anything.. hes a big unit.. and tall and not many people are able to wrap his arms up...

either that.. or they hang off him too much and are a bit tentative in a D..

If we can get Mateo to get some consistency he could be this player. Also, Weller Hauraki is a good offloader.

Sean7

Juniors
lucablight said:
I haven't completely written off Cannings but he has had alot of opportunities.

He has had some opportunities, but he's never lasted long enough to really show what he can do. He could be very important for us. He certainly has talent, we'll just have to wait and see if his body will let him use it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
In Cannings come back match earlier this year in Premier League he was on the field for about 15 minutes he made 3 or 4 barnstorming runs scored a try than came off carrying an arm or shoulder.

just he's luck really..

Fathead

Bench
Prodigal Eel said:
one thing hagan does is use the youth of the club rather then goin on big money spending sprees!
We will see a number of players given a chance next season, and it will be up to them to keep their spot i.e tim smith in 05'.
We have a good team next year, with fowards that can do the job, halves that are exciting and have the x factor and backs to rival =any other club!
If we want it hard enough, we will have a good showing next season!

Good - Im all for giving the youngters a chance to shine. Brian Smith probably would have kept HAYNE in PL this year. Hopefully MATEO and INU get a shot next year.

emjaycee

Coach
As long as they aren't over-coached and we have a fair run with injuries, I think we have the forward pack to do the job.
- Hindy
- Ian H
- Caylo
- Pig
- PJ
- Josh
- Fui
- Robbo
- Cannings
- Lowrie
- Vella
- plus the youngsters that will push through

The Engineers Room

First Grade
emjaycee said:
As long as they aren't over-coached and we have a fair run with injuries, I think we have the forward pack to do the job.
- Hindy
- Ian H
- Caylo
- Pig
- PJ
- Josh
- Fui
- Robbo
- Cannings
- Lowrie
- Vella
- plus the youngsters that will push through

I still think we need a hard head that just keeps carting it up. Several games this year we have needed it and it showed we were lacking. Hindmarsh tries to do it but he is not suited to the role.

emjaycee

Coach
The Ref in Seat 196 said:
I still think we need a hard head that just keeps carting it up. Several games this year we have needed it and it showed we were lacking. Hindmarsh tries to do it but he is not suited to the role.

I agree and am hopeful that Caylo, Cannings and FFMM can share this role.

Utey

Coach
When you read that list who have been apart of the squad this season, and then I think of how many were injured, its frightening.

Latest posts