What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We were missing something in the Pack

strider

Post Whore
the couple of times we did get offloads up the middle we split melb apart .... other teams will exploit that better than us - I don't think melb can win the GF (watch me eating those words in a few weeks time :lol:)

Utey

Coach
I really thought we would come out throwing the ball around, although we completed our sets and made meters we were quite ordinary in attack.

_goParra

Juniors
Two things

Props that run hard and fast (not including Fui)
Support..... so many times this year we have butchered tries due to lack of support play.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
If Cannings stays injury free next year he could also be an X-factor for us. I really hope so.

Also I have not been able to watch much premier league this year due to distance issues. My big question is Mateo tough enough and consistent enough (especially in defence) to be a first grade backrower. We all know it is a massive step to first grade. I hope he is ready because he definately has the skills from what I have seen and heard.

The forward pack and bench could have a few options next year from:

Certainties
N Hindy
Cayless
Moimoi
Riddell
Marsh

Possibilities:
Robinson
Mateo
I Hindy
Wagon
Lowrie
Cordoba
Tsoulous
Vella
Cannings
Taia
Hauraki
and others like Oake, Paulo etc.

yy_cheng

Coach
eelavation said:
I thought our pack did well but as Jake said we missed a bit of craftiness, players who can do a little bit with the ball in their hand and I believe we'll have that next year with Weller and Feleti.

We actually do have the craftiness. Gould said many times that if we just supported each other and slip out short passes, we would do well. We did it a few times but it never clicked and we never went with it. But it was the only style that was successful in looking dangerous in attack.

Morro, Hindy, Caylo, Cordoba, Vella (although he didn't play long) all have the ability to offload. Especially, Caylo and Hindy. However, we now play a one up style forward ruck with quick play the balls so that Piggy and PJ can take advantage of. However, when the quick play the balls don't come, we get lose a bit of flair and speed.

Watch Petero Cinno....... (sp?), he rucks it out but sometime, he would hit and spin and create 2nd phase play.

In 2001, Caylo used to have an awesome offload, as so with Hindy, but they don't look to offload anymore.

Stagger eel

Staff member
yy_cheng said:
We actually do have the craftiness. Gould said many times that if we just supported each other and slip out short passes, we would do well. We did it a few times but it never clicked and we never went with it. But it was the only style that was successful in looking dangerous in attack.

Morro, Hindy, Caylo, Cordoba, Vella (although he didn't play long) all have the ability to offload. Especially, Caylo and Hindy. However, we now play a one up style forward ruck with quick play the balls so that Piggy and PJ can take advantage of. However, when the quick play the balls don't come, we get lose a bit of flair and speed.

Watch Petero Cinno....... (sp?), he rucks it out but sometime, he would hit and spin and create 2nd phase play.

In 2001, Caylo used to have an awesome offload, as so with Hindy, but they don't look to offload anymore.

to a point, that is correct however what I actually meant was players with a natural ball playing skill. prior to his injury Weller Hauraki had incredible tenedency to be able to offload with one arm on the run, and his outside men scored several tries following him around the park, Feleti is the same. I've been one of his harshest critics in the last 2 to 3 years, mainly because he chose to produce the goods when it only suited him, he's been in the best form of his career in the last 6 weeks and it was only due to the current form of the players in front him that stopped JT from elevating to the top grade.

I will pray to whoever's out there that he continues the excellent form because he will be one of the more valueble members of our squad next year.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
one thing hagan does is use the youth of the club rather then goin on big money spending sprees!
We will see a number of players given a chance next season, and it will be up to them to keep their spot i.e tim smith in 05'.
We have a good team next year, with fowards that can do the job, halves that are exciting and have the x factor and backs to rival =any other club!
If we want it hard enough, we will have a good showing next season!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Parra Guru said:
I think we shoudl make our own FFFF instead of FOFF....

Feleti For Firsts Foundation

Personally I hope we don't have to get it off the ground...;-)

Sean7

Juniors
strider said:
yes, we must reference brian smith along with every loss from now on for no particular reason what-so-ever

I'm terribly sorry. Strider, I do realise that there are certain people that aren't allowed to be referenced here otherwise certain people will have a shot at you straight away, but in my opinion it was a perfectly reasonable thing to say.

I apologize for inconvenience caused by my opinion.

Can we have a list of what we aren't allowed to mention or something? It's all too confusing.

How much longer can we talk about Taylor or the players that are leaving? Or is there just a set amount of times they can be mentioned?

Anyway, Strider, thanks for the... ummm... I don't know what it was, but read my original post again, it's food for thought. Spit it out if you want, but have a chew. It really doesn't taste too bad.

Y2Eel

First Grade
If the rumours are true next season with Paul Gallen we'll have a top pack...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Y2Eel said:
If the rumours are true next season with Paul Gallen we'll have a top pack...

oh! come on..I know it's been a mediocre season by our standards but you resort to changing teams?? I mean Cronulla??

you could of picked a half decent side. ;-)

Y2Eel

First Grade
eelavation said:
oh! come on..I know it's been a mediocre season by our standards but you resort to changing teams?? I mean Cronulla??

you could of picked a half decent side. ;-)

Might just startup the GWO :sarcasm:...

Is Fui Fui back round 1 next season??

Parra Guru

Coach
I used to like Gallen, but he's become a niggling little w*nker and I'm not sure if I even want him here.

I really hope Ian goes well next season

Latest posts