What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We will win 5 from the next 6 games

bartman

Immortal
:D Next week's the danger game... Sharks on top of the table should provide some real opposition. At least we have some momentum up now and hopefully will be competitive for the 80 mins...

Gronk

Staff member
So far so good. We're in the 8 and now have a points differential of zero !

(Might change if the Knights beat the Cowboys by more than 5.)

TheParraboy

Staff member
:D Next week's the danger game... Sharks on top of the table should provide some real opposition. At least we have some momentum up now and hopefully will be competitive for the 80 mins...

2 from 2 it is :)

When I did this thread all those weeks ago :roll: , I pencilled in a loss to the sharks

we really should give it to the Storm the following week (minus their origin players), and if we are fair dinkum put the Panthers (at home) and souths (at ANZ) after that

Not having the bye hovering around is so great :D

muznik

Juniors
this is why i love foxtel IQ before the game starts i just hit live pause and walk away for 2 minutes or so then hit play and watch the game 2 minutes behind live time so i can fast forward through all the ads

I like doing this also.

But on the weekend thru Foxtel it kept jumping and pixelating (word?)

It pissed me off that much i switched to FTA. Anyone else have this problem with Foxtel.

BTW Happens with Footy Show as well.

As with the predictions, Sharks will be a tough one but if we keep building momentum I cant see why we cant win the next four !

Rogue.9

Juniors
Eels by 18. Its been a great turn around by the team over the past month, 4 weeks ago I would have picked us to get flogged in this game.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Kimmorely Seymour are in form
Plus sharks pack will be almost at full stength

Covel in outstanding try scoring form, He might run over Tony Williams for a couple more...

Sharks might win this one

Avenger

Immortal
Kimmorely Seymour are in form
Plus sharks pack will be almost at full stength

Covel in outstanding try scoring form, He might run over Tony Williams for a couple more...

Sharks might win this one

Jump over ? Maybe.

Run over ? No chance.

caylo

Bench
I don't think Vatauvi could run over williams.. I do feel sorry for the wingers in the NRL with him running around now in the NRL.

I think our halves are in good from, and we have a defencivly sound pack. Alot of cronullas tries come from kicks and i think we are generally safe under the high ball with Reddy and Inu, plus Williams is a big boy and no one would dare kick to him IMO.

I would have Hindy defend on the fringes (instead of the middle) to shut down Gallen, and give Robo the Job of shutting down Bird. We do that we win the game, sharks don't have a star backline, but some good forwards. If we stop them, we can score some tires outwide IMO

Mr Opinionated

Juniors
If we win this weekend we SHOULD be heading for 6 wins in a row

If we can't beat the Storm we may as well give up
We then SHOULD beat the Panthers and Rabbitohs

Maybe I am getting ahead of myself, but maybe not with the huge improvement in performance over the last couple of weeks.

And if we can win the next four games, we should be looking at a top four spot, especially with the topsy-turvy and even nature of this years comp.

And who would of thunk that only a couple of weeks ago.

Okay, maybe I am getting ahead of myself now.

But that is just my opinion.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think our halves are in good from, and we have a defencivly sound pack. Alot of cronullas tries come from kicks and i think we are generally safe under the high ball with Reddy and Inu, plus Williams is a big boy and no one would dare kick to him IMO.

true that, BUT Im so sure sticky ricky will get kimmorly to kick to Williams nonetheless, grubber style, to him or behind him. A big bloke like that wont be wanting to pick up a rolling ball in some traffic (lucky burt was there to cover up one tigers raid like that to williams) would be sharks best bet, and probably Tonys weakness, be crazy not to try and exploit that, especially as sharks will get better field position than the tigers had

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If we win this weekend we SHOULD be heading for 6 wins in a row

If we can't beat the Storm we may as well give up
We then SHOULD beat the Panthers and Rabbitohs

Maybe I am getting ahead of myself, but maybe not with the huge improvement in performance over the last couple of weeks.

And if we can win the next four games, we should be looking at a top four spot, especially with the topsy-turvy and even nature of this years comp.

And who would of thunk that only a couple of weeks ago.

Okay, maybe I am getting ahead of myself now.

But that is just my opinion.
I agree, if we can win this game it will give us a massive leg up to challenge for a top 4 spot.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Eels by 18. Its been a great turn around by the team over the past month, 4 weeks ago I would have picked us to get flogged in this game.

We finally hit some good form against a greatly depleated side with no size about them. Don't be fooled by last week any side would have put a score on the Tigers.

eels_fan_01

Bench
I agree Rogue.9 i feel like we will play our best game of our season and win by 18.

I know Tigers were depleted but i think we played well and will play even better this weekend. I'd be more worried about the Storm game, we seem to play bad when were favorites this year.

parra pete

Referee
Last season the Eels looked great in toppling Wests at the Stadium. Next start copped a belting at the hands of the Canberra Raiders..The Raiders putting on 24 points in the opening half of the first half...
How many times do you see a batsman hit a century, and get a duck next start.
The only thing that gives me great confidence about the next match is that it is against Cronulla AT Endeavour Park..
But if it was an Eels home game @ Cumberland I would not be as confident of a win over the Sharks....

Rogue.9

Juniors
I am confident against the panthers but the bunnies game is starting to worry me. If they beat the dogs they will be going for 5 wins in a row.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I am confident against the panthers but the bunnies game is starting to worry me. If they beat the dogs they will be going for 5 wins in a row.

rabbits been very very lucky, winning by 1-2 points as well,sides have fallen asleep against them, they are due for a mother of all thrashings real real soon im predicting

Latest posts