What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Won!

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Whoever wrote this is my kind of revisionist![/FONT]

site - http://www.legendfeelco.com.au/whatever.htm
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Whatever happened to The Newtown Jets.[/FONT]
newtownjets.gif
The Newtown Jets are still with us, still playing and training at Henson Park (Marrickville, in Sydney), and still literally, kicking goals.
You may recall that Newtown won the NRL grand final in 1981, and by 1982, broke, done and dusted. Since 1982, The Jets (originally called the 'Bluebags') have been playing in the Metro cup, and Jim Beam Cup, and the New South Wales Premiere Leauge, ever since. In 2005, the Jets have semi-merged with the Cronulla Sharks, which is proving to be very successful indeed.
The Jets have a great range of merchandise available, and slowly but surely the Jets are becoming a huge part of the Newtown community again. In fact, 8972 locals come out in support of the team ever home-game (long story).
And even better, they sell KB at Henson Park.
Check out all the fixtures, and merch at www.newtownjets.com

:lol: I'm driving my '69 Valiant to Henson Park to watch the Jets on Saturday, according to this article ,NBB,I can't get any cooler!!

Henson

Juniors
Trust a champion like NBB to find such a great aussie site,if not a bit on the weird side,maybe Henson Park can go real retro,sunny boys for the kids and fondue for the grown ups!!
icon14.gif

Latest posts