What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We won't make the top eight now...

Raiders Rock

Juniors
In the style of Bay56 and his legion of doomsters, I've now jumped ship and become a "Nego" too... I'm now quite resigned to the fact that we won't make the finals this year. We won't beat Melbourne, The Rortsters or Souths (in the form we're displaying at the moment) and we'll even struggle to bring home two points from the bye.

The blame lies at the feet of Matthew Elliott and the coaching staff as well as the management, Oh, and Boogers too!! The solution is to sack them all, it's the only way we'll get back on track for next year. Who knows, we might be the only team in history to remarkably turn our season around and win the competition from 10th position on the ladder 4 weeks from the finals with no coach, support staff, management or Boogers!!

We're in a world of poo, I hope I'm wrong but for now I've seen the light!! I'm with you Bay...

Todd, it would be preferable if you change your statement to..

We wont make the top 8 with Booger in the side

Then you can be as negative as you like :lol:

Raider Ultra

Bench
A change of coaching staff can do wonders for a team. I'm not necessarily saying Elliott should be given the boot, but here is an example. The English team I follow, Crystal Palace, were 2 places off the bottom of the English first division last year. Discipline was so bad that some players were too lazy to walk to the other side of the canteen to get fruit. Anyway, manager gets fired and a new one is brought in. The new one completely changes the training regime and morale of the entire squad. Palace barely lose a game to the rest of the season, and go from near the bottom of the ladder, to being promoted to the Premier League. I'm not neccesarily saying it'll happen here, but it's something to think about.

Livebynight

Juniors
I'll never give up on the raiders but the last half of this season is starting to take its toll. I went to the Broncos game and thought we are hitting form the last half should go well. Then all the players left and our form went to the shitter.

I thought elliot was a decent coach but im starting to have doubts now and maybe a change is needed. Why did he start giving carney a go and now hes nowhere to be seen? If we are playing shit then what will it hurt to give him more game time.

We are back to the raiders of 2-3 years ago when we had alot of young guys and no consistency. Drop ball everywhere, no direction. We should be alot closer to the form of last year than the form of 2-3 years ago.

jed

First Grade
SOULS04/DEM said:
I'm never giving up

GO RAIDERS!!!!!

As long as there's a mathematical chance of us making the 8, I'm still a true believer.

raiders_boy

Juniors
I'm a bit disappointed in this thread. We CAN make the finals, and WILL make the finals. We need to win one game to make it. Have a look at the draw. The knights play the cowboys in the last round. Only one of them can win. The Tigers play the knights in the final round too. Look at the bright side. If we beat the roosters :roll: and win the other games too, we will end up in 6th. I urge you all to go to nrl.com and go to the finals calculator, if you havent already. Its great and proves that we still have a real chance of going a long way. If we end up in 6th and lose our finals game and are still in it, we will play st george - the chokers - and we will be one win from the GF.

I know its if if if, but go and have a look at the calculator. And enough of this "we won't make it" crap. Think of all the other teams supporters, then think of yourself. We should never give up. It doesnt look good or feel good.

Raider Azz

Bench
raiders_boy said:
I'm a bit disappointed in this thread. We CAN make the finals, and WILL make the finals. We need to win one game to make it. Have a look at the draw. The knights play the cowboys in the last round. Only one of them can win. The Tigers play the knights in the final round too. Look at the bright side. If we beat the roosters :roll: and win the other games too, we will end up in 6th. I urge you all to go to nrl.com and go to the finals calculator, if you havent already. Its great and proves that we still have a real chance of going a long way. If we end up in 6th and lose our finals game and are still in it, we will play st george - the chokers - and we will be one win from the GF.

I know its if if if, but go and have a look at the calculator. And enough of this "we won't make it" crap. Think of all the other teams supporters, then think of yourself. We should never give up. It doesnt look good or feel good.
:clap:

greeneyed

First Grade
I would feel more confident if we had not just produced two of the most crap games since about 1982.

If we start showing some pride and heart and passion for the jersey this weekend and put on a big win against the Storm, then I will start to feel more confident.

And we don't just have to win ONE game, we must win THREE games. That includes the Storm, the Roosters and Souths and we have to get over the BYE as well......

The team just has to give me SOME EMBER OF HOPE, and I'm away.....

Bay56

First Grade
Mathematical possibilty ... yes
Probability ... depends on this weekend results.

Current status ... we are currently in a battle for either 7th or 8th with four other teams ... three will miss out ... what is not in our favour is that we currently have the 2nd worst f/a .... if the other teams hit form against opponents higher on the ladder we will also need f/a to be in our favour ... thats where we could lose out.

Most would agree 28 points will guarantee you either 7th or 8th ... that basically means all contestants need 6 from the remaining 8 points ... three teams are guarateed 2 points from a bye (we are one of them). That means 4 from the remaining 6 points ... some teams will cut each others throat as they have to play each other (we are not in that category).

Bottom line .... we win this weekend then we can afford to drop one game (probably the Roosters).

Do I think we will get there ... not tellin :) :)

thickos

First Grade
raiders_boy said:

Super post and I love your optimism. But lets make it to the finals first, don't start thinking about GF berths! :shock:

Raiders Rock

Juniors
I should have prefaced this post with the words... "Spoken with tongue planted firmly in cheek..." I was hoping I'd be wrong, still, anybody want to edit their posts?

Sadly it looks like mad monday could upon us sooner than we'd like!!

Don't worry, I'll get confident again this weekend when we beat the Rortsters, we always put on a good showing against them.

Shit, I can hear "Rooster Cock-Burn" planning his posts now... Any bets as to how long it'll be before he starts trolling our threads again.

I call on everybody here to PM him a message of encouragement when we beat the Roosters this weekend!!

Come-On Raiders, it's do or die now!!

Raider_69

Post Whore
if we lose this weekend we are goooooorn
if we win we will make it

simple

win = top 8
lose = mad monday on 6th september

greeneyed

First Grade
Raiders Rock said:
I should have prefaced this post with the words... "Spoken with tongue planted firmly in cheek..." I was hoping I'd be wrong, still, anybody want to edit their posts?

Sadly it looks like mad monday could upon us sooner than we'd like!!

Don't worry, I'll get confident again this weekend when we beat the Rortsters, we always put on a good showing against them.

sh*t, I can hear "Rooster c**k-Burn" planning his posts now... Any bets as to how long it'll be before he starts trolling our threads again.

I call on everybody here to PM him a message of encouragement when we beat the Roosters this weekend!!

Come-On Raiders, it's do or die now!!

Nope, I seem to think my posts stand up as completely correct. Do you want to edit some things RR?

I will be overjoyed if the Raiders win against the Roosters. But listening to the captain interviewed on WIN News tonight ... he has clearly already given up beating the Roosters. He said something like "Well we will be trying to come out enthusiatically and hopefully get some points on the board early, and who knows, but............" The "but" revealed the captain thought it was completely out of the question we could beat the Roosters.... we are already beaten on Monday.

The coach comes up with more and more completely ridiculous positive comments. No wonder the team doesn't believe anything he says anymore.

The team has clearly lost confidence in him, IMO.

azza

Juniors
raiders_boy said:
The knights play the cowboys in the last round. Only one of them can win. The Tigers play the knights in the final round too. Look at the bright side. good.

:?

We'll be lucky to make the eight and IMO this pathetic excuse for a Raiders side wouldn't do justice to the lime green jersey if it did play in the finals. If we finished 6th and made it past week one it would be the joke of the NRL.

I'm sorry to be so harsh but that's just the way I feel that it is. I am desperate to see the team do well but I'm not going to do an Elliot and sugercoat the obvious - we are plain sh*t and won't have a hope in hell of winning the premiership.

Latest posts