What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Webb and Matai

innsaneink

Referee
Matai is a player you love to hate, I love players like him in my team, full on aggro and finds that line and always just steps over it, but not by too much...but cant he f**king hit in defence?!?!

willvillain

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Matai is a player you love to hate, I love players like him in my team, full on aggro and finds that line and always just steps over it, but not by too much...but cant he f**king hit in defence?!?!

Spot on. I love having him in the Manly team, and towards the end of the year he was getting better at not giving away penalties. But there were some games (Dogs earlier in the year, Broncos at Brookie) where he gave away the most frustrating penalties that really hurt Manly. He was getting them out of his game towards the end of the year, but he's brought it right back for the Tri-Nations!

simon says

First Grade
willvillain said:
Spot on. I love having him in the Manly team, and towards the end of the year he was getting better at not giving away penalties. But there were some games (Dogs earlier in the year, Broncos at Brookie) where he gave away the most frustrating penalties that really hurt Manly. He was getting them out of his game towards the end of the year, but he's brought it right back for the Tri-Nations!

I like how he plays too......its just that extra bit of agro that could cost,and has cost Manly.

I love his agression,just the silly pushing and throwing the ball.....they can be penalised so easily,especially when you have the ball.....its a big no no IMO.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
simon says said:
Dead set these two are MAD.....you cannot tackle either of thses blokes.You either get an elbow to the head,a push or the ball pinged at yer head form close range.

You cant retaliate cos ya get penalised,so you cop it and nothing gets done.

As far as Im concerned,both these blokes are dead set grubs and I cant wait to see someone lose it on them......it has been a long time coming IMO.

we still goin on bout this, this is how it is:

Brent Webb-Bloke who loves to rark up players juss coz he knows hes got big island/maori boys he knows are gonna come in swinging for him if he gets in the sh#t.

Steve Matai- Niggly little player,so what? we need a kid like that in the team Australia and GB cant have all the pricks (Willie Mason, Adrian Morley) whats different bout Matai is that he fronts up! Unlike big Cat Mason.

Good to see the little men in the game stil show some fire! :cool:

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
simon says said:
Im pretty sure big "Cat Mason" fronted up to Fielden and put him away......

Really.....

yeah thats all he did, a few important dropped balls, oh and a high shot on Long too..and didn't front up during the game after that. The guys a skirt.

ozbash

Referee
simon says said:
Im pretty sure big "Cat Mason" fronted up to Fielden and put him away......

Really.....

too true simon, but fielden will run onto suncorp on saturday, where will willie be ?

hutch

First Grade
webb + matai + kidwell = grubs

have been at it with my kiwi mates all week. cant wait to play you boys in the final. revenge will be sweet.

simon says said:
Dead set these two are MAD.....you cannot tackle either of thses blokes.You either get an elbow to the head,a push or the ball pinged at yer head form close range.

You cant retaliate cos ya get penalised,so you cop it and nothing gets done.

As far as Im concerned,both these blokes are dead set grubs and I cant wait to see someone lose it on them......it has been a long time coming IMO.

Pull ya head in...idiot.:roll:

badav

Bench
kia ora storm said:
Pull ya head in...idiot.:roll:

why would he have to do that when his exactly correct in what hes said?? brent web throws his elbows around after being tackled. he copped one of the pommy second rowers in the head last week but simpkins just ignored it??its just a dirty grubby tactic

and steve matai clearly has an attitude problem and wants to punch on every time someone tackles him.

the kiwis are just a bunch of thugs and cheap short merchants. Did anyone see david kidwell get up and sledge the pommie number 12 last week after getting absolutely plastered by him. and not a head clash like his one on willie mason either.

and dont give me this sh*t about if you dont liek the game being rough get out. let me guess you were probably the same people applauding when john hopoate elbowed keith galloway in the head and knocked him senseless.

let me tell you whats tough. tonie carrol breaking brent webbs ribs in a fair tackle.

being a grub. brent webb flailing his elbows everywhere and hitting people in the head, and steve matai going for people when there backs are turned (king hitting matt king from behind, throwing the ball at the back of that poms head)

Harold Bishop

Juniors
I dont think i have ever heard a bigger bunch of whining pussies and soft c**ks than in this thread.
If you feel so upset about someone having a ball thrown at their head, or taking a wack to the head, go and watch some soccer FFS.

Who cares who is a grub and who isnt, some of you guys are like a bunch of old ladies gossiping and sh!t.

Roby1

Juniors
badav said:
why would he have to do that when his exactly correct in what hes said?? brent web throws his elbows around after being tackled. he copped one of the pommy second rowers in the head last week but simpkins just ignored it??its just a dirty grubby tactic

and steve matai clearly has an attitude problem and wants to punch on every time someone tackles him.

the kiwis are just a bunch of thugs and cheap short merchants. Did anyone see david kidwell get up and sledge the pommie number 12 last week after getting absolutely plastered by him. and not a head clash like his one on willie mason either.

and dont give me this sh*t about if you dont liek the game being rough get out. let me guess you were probably the same people applauding when john hopoate elbowed keith galloway in the head and knocked him senseless.

let me tell you whats tough. tonie carrol breaking brent webbs ribs in a fair tackle.

being a grub. brent webb flailing his elbows everywhere and hitting people in the head, and steve matai going for people when there backs are turned (king hitting matt king from behind, throwing the ball at the back of that poms head)

Not sure what a grub is or a cat, in the context used here. But what I have seen so far is that Webb, (class player in the making), is what I would call a 'sh*thouse', someone who as mentioned before, takes shots/elbows knowing that, when it hits the fan he will be backed up.

Matai, wan*er! pushing slapping etc for being tackled has nothing to do with being a tough guy. If he wants a portion, head straight for Peacock, Moz etc.

Yes, there is nothing like seeing a player with a fire in his belly, but cheap shots is not the way. To continue playing as he does will get support from fans who just like a bit of aggro, he will never have the respect of his peers, and for a pro, thats all that really matters.

Mason? Oh boy was he fired up when he chinned Feilden, but again, he is not a tough guy. If he wants to go and prove himself, go for the big guns, front it up and get it on. And that fu**in chin is deffo not right.

ozbash

Referee

awwwwwwwww :-({|= :-({|=

get over it you sook. morley was giving it to webby, webby was giving it back. great stuff and as it should be.

roby, do you think fielden sucked willie in ? the punch looked a bit soft to knock anyone out . i reckon fielden set waa waa up ??

badav said:

Go play soccer...stop sooking about the fact that League is a confrontational sport !!.

As for Tonie Carroll breaking Webb's ribs in a fair tackle...that would never happen. You need to give up the playstation...:lol: