What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Webb and the Ref

MEATWAD

Juniors
hypocritical qlders. you'd hate him if that was a roosters try.

webb drops the balls. oopsy.

but it's qld's game tonight.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Yeh i would hate him if he was in a roosters jumper, but tonite is a night for qlders and nswers to come together to face off.

MEATWAD

Juniors
that's what good about it. ;-)

what's bad about it is that in july i am moving up to brisbane! arrgh.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
what freaking match!!! who ever wins i will be happy, Simpkins has had an absolute shocker, but its really gone against both teams.

Garts

Bench
deadset, nearly all the bad calls went against nsw but in saying that qld played better I think and probably deserved it.

Balmain_Boy

Jeezus, what a way to end it. I said it last year, i'll say it again. Golden point is wrong. QLD didn't deserve to lose from a fluke field goal last year, we didn't deserve to lose to an intercept this year.

MEATWAD said:
you qlders would be screaming blue murder if that your precious little locky on the ground getting facial in a broncos game. kick from billy my arse, and webb was nowhere near held when the ball was stolen off him.

hard to play against 14 men. if i ever hear a qlder whinge about the ref in origin or a broncos game again i swear i'll go ballistic.

OH WAIT I SAW FITZY giving GRAPPLE TACKLES

OHH i thought it was QLD and MELBOURNE CAM SMITH GIVE THEM ALL THE TIME

HAHAHAHAHA

I SAW GRAPPLE TACKLE GALORE FROM THE COCKROACHES

weasel

First Grade
As a qlder, I must say Webb should have been sin-binned after the first incident, when he rushed in and started a fight after he took exception to the Bailey tackle. The precedent was set with the Finch sin-bin and suspension that getting involved in a fight when you weren't involved in the play means time in the bin, and Webb's was worse than most of the kind, nothing was on, very thuggish behaviour. And the high shot straight afterwards had to see him go off, two very low acts of conduct from him in thirty seconds is indefensible. From the general interpretations of rulings this season this was the most inconsistent, and therefore worst, reffing performance I've seen all year, very much to the maroon's advantage. It's always said that they're more lenient with the decisions in Origin but I don't think it's an acceptable excuse for the standard of officiating.

sydraider

First Grade
a disputable forward pass.
Least it wasnt off a legitimate knock on, that first try was a disgrace.
Webb still on the field after two major indescretions is a disgrace.
To think after all these years QLDérs whinging about the refereeing, that it is the ref that gives them the game.

Garts

Bench
Kimmorley gets penalised after qld take the quick 20 metre restart, NSW try a couple themselves and get pulled back. did I miss something that was different?

Williams try touched Billys hand, surely!!! Jeez I am bitter about this loss.

NPK

Bench
sydraider said:
a disputable forward pass.
Least it wasnt off a legitimate knock on, that first try was a disgrace.

Are you sure Slater touched it? That's funny, because nobody else could see him touch it.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Wonder why benefit of the doubt didn't apply to NSW when Rooney looked to score.

Video ref also had a Barry.

skeepe

Immortal
What a bunch of whingers you lot are. In my opinion NSW were extremely lucky to get within cooee of Queensland. If it weren't for refereeing bungles the scoreline would have been 24-4 tonight, not 24-20.

Here's why:

First NSW try, off a forward pass and resulting from a 2 on 1 strip by NSW a few plays earlier.
Third NSW try, off a forward pass
Fourth NSW try, off a 5m forward pass

Consider yourselves lucky you were even in the same city. Simpkins did have a shocker - but it was all for NSW.

El Diablo

Post Whore
skeepe said:
What a bunch of whingers you lot are. In my opinion NSW were extremely lucky to get within cooee of Queensland. If it weren't for refereeing bungles the scoreline would have been 24-4 tonight, not 24-20.

Here's why:

First NSW try, off a forward pass and resulting from a 2 on 1 strip by NSW a few plays earlier.
Third NSW try, off a forward pass
Fourth NSW try, off a 5m forward pass

Consider yourselves lucky you were even in the same city. Simpkins did have a shocker - but it was all for NSW.

:rolleyes:

If you guys cant appreciate carl webb hammering one of the 'supposedly' best props in our game like he is a back and then make bailey scared of him in an origin game, dont bother watching origin