What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Webb and the Ref

ozboy

Juniors
People whinge that they want to see the biff brought back into Origin, and then when someone tries to intimidate the opposition with some aggresion, all of a sudden we want him sent off to the sin bin.

The referee handled it well, while it was also very entertaining watching Carl Webb smack Luke Bailey around with some perfectly legal tackles.

If you do not like that sort of stuff, stick to Rugby Yawnion or even consider watching the AFL.

mickdo

Coach
Referee and video ref had one of the worst performances I have ever seen in origin (and with the Grasshopper in there, that is saying something). Qld very lucky to win. Slater's hands not touching the ball? Please. Joke decision. Rooney not touching down? I can live with a no-try on that one, but not when Slater get's the supernatural benefit of the doubt. Ridiculous to say the least.

Meanie

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
Jeezus, what a way to end it. I said it last year, i'll say it again. Golden point is wrong. QLD didn't deserve to lose from a fluke field goal last year, we didn't deserve to lose to an intercept this year.

Least it's evened out now. ;)

JoeD

First Grade
From a neutral kiwi perspective I tend to agree with the queenslanders. Billy Slater's try was fair rnough and I thought at least a couple of the NSW tries were dodgy in terms of forward passes thrown. Did Webb throw a punch? I can't remember exactly but I don't think he did.

Twizzle said:
How can Webb get away with it, yet Barrett gets penalised for a lesser offence, in front of the posts

Webb is not there to play footy, he's only there to play the part of the thug for as long as he can get away with it.

nutley on thurston 'get up you dirty dog'