What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Webb V Williams?

Simo

First Grade
What do people think of Carl Webbs 6 week ban? I thought it was exactly the same as Danny Williams incident.

Played the ball, marker was looking the other way and bang he knocks him out.

Can anyone explain howcome what carl webb did is 12 weeks less suspension than Danny Williams? Must have been something I missed because it looked very similar to me.

Simo

First Grade
So are penalties related to the injury of the victim as opposed to the actual act?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:
The difference? Hoffman didn't play dead ;-).

:lol:

yeah the diff was that hoffman wasnt lying on the ground for 5 minutes and webb didnt run after him as far. also webbs punch didnt look as spectacular. I thought that given how many matches williams got webb was lucky to get just 6.

in saying that barrett should have got quite a few more....

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Simo said:
So are penalties related to the injury of the victim as opposed to the actual act?

they're not emant to be, but if a player gets badly injured it does seem to make a difference. Take cat utai and morely, had utai got straight up morely wouldnt have been sent off, but cos utai did a BK, morely got sent

ParraDude_Jay said:
Also another difference.
Williams apologised straight away and continues to regret the incident.
Webb is proud to be the one standing up to (non-existant) grapple tackles.

Suffer in your jocks Webb *should of got more*

(BTW I'd still cheer him in SOO v NSW :badgrin:)

innsaneink

Referee
UndertakerMike said:
Also another difference.
Williams apologised straight away and continues to regret the incident.
Webb is proud to be the one standing up to (non-existant) grapple tackles.

Suffer in your jocks Webb *should of got more*

(BTW I'd still cheer him in SOO v NSW :badgrin:)

Biggest load of BS Ive ever heard.

He never apologised, nor did the Melb Storm club.... as that would indicate guilt.

He carried on with the anmnesia farce the entire saga.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
aussies1st said:
Another example of the sh*t judiciary

Isn't it the Match Review Committee, not the judiciary that determines the grading? The judiciary are there only to determine guilt. That is my understanding. They are 2 seperate entities..

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
innsaneink said:

He never apologised, nor did the Melb Storm club.... as that would indicate guilt.

That's right the old amnesia saga. For that alone Williams deserved an extra 12 weeks. What everyone forgets though is that the Williams incident actually attraced a 12 week suspension. As he had a 50% loading for prior offences it became 18 as a result.

Still, Webb's should have been referred straight to the judiciary without a grading and deserved at least 8 weeks.

Big Mick

Referee
exactly.

Webb gets 6 but Barrett gets 1 for putting the guy in a headlock and then smacking him in the head from behind......but thats Barrett and he's schpecial.

aussies1st

Staff member
Cockadoodledoo said:
Isn't it the Match Review Committee, not the judiciary that determines the grading? The judiciary are there only to determine guilt. That is my understanding. They are 2 seperate entities..

I don't really know I just refer to it as the Judiciary but you are right i have heard of the Match Review Committee so they are sh*t ;-)

innsaneink said:

You must of been to busy with the mouth frothing and the ears Steaming to notice.

There was no bullsh*t in that, just arrogance from WT clubs and apperantly, Fans
:roll:

innsaneink

Referee
Originally Posted by innsaneink

You must of been to busy with the mouth frothing and the ears Steaming to notice.

There was no bullsh*t in that, just arrogance from WT clubs and apperantly, Fans

Youre deluded.

When/where was this so called apology?

Total and utter fabrication.

simon says

First Grade
UndertakerMike said:

There was no bullsh*t in that, just arrogance from WT clubs and apperantly, Fans :roll:

What are you talking about you fool....the bloke pretended that he wasnt in a right state of mind when he king hit O Neill to the point of him being knoccked out....he ran several metres and clockd him...then pretended he was having an "out of mind experience'.There was no apology.....it was a disgraceful attempt to avoid suspension....

Talk about one eyed......sheesh.

Back on topic.....I didnt think it was as bad as Williams,6 was about right,I reckon he would have got more if Hoffman was as badly hurt as Buckets....

simon says

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:

And thats just a stupid statement.....to even joke about something like that is just disgusting.....you are an utter tool and fool.....