What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Webb V Williams?

Darth Bobo

Being a Tigers supporter I've been keeping an eye or ear out for ONE WORD of regret by Danny Williams and all he came out with was "I was concussed from a high shot". Where was this magic apology?

sorry Mike, but whilst I know he regretted the incident, there was never a formal apology to O'Neill that I am aware of.

Anyway, back to Webb, the only difference, once again is that Danny can punch. Webb (and Barrett) couldn't!! (although I thought Webb was a state boxing champ??)

Darth Bobo

steaming stormer said:
sorry Mike, but whilst I know he regretted the incident, there was never a formal apology to O'Neill that I am aware of.

Anyway, back to Webb, the only difference, once again is that Danny can punch. Webb (and Barrett) couldn't!! (although I thought Webb was a state boxing champ??)

While I appreciate your honesty on the Williams incident I disagree on the Webb incident.

It seemed to me that Webb wanted to punch on with Hoffman and put one on him to start it, Williams attacked O'Neil and to me that's the major difference. If Hoffman would have returned serve then I don't think Webb's suspension would have been as severe.

innsaneink

Referee
How does it feel Mike......to be caught out as a bald faced LIAR!

Methinks undertaker mike's just dug his own grave.

OWNED!:lol:

Mr Saab

Referee
steaming stormer said:

Webb can punch...prob the best in the NRL today.
Carl prob didnt want to give him a Tyson right hook. To me it was a soft jab in the boxing sense. He didnt load up like Danny Williams.

innsaneink

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
Webb can punch...prob the best in the NRL today.
Carl prob didnt want to give him a Tyson right hook. To me it was a soft jab in the boxing sense. He didnt load up like Danny Williams.

Yeah I agree......if he really wanted to flatten him, Hoffman woulda been off on a stretcher.

innsaneink said:
How does it feel Mike......to be caught out as a bald faced LIAR!
Methinks undertaker mike's just dug his own grave.
OWNED!:lol:

There is a difference between lying and forgetting a minor detail.

I repeat There is no point persudaing immature biased pricks like yourself and like minded simpletons.

This is what i was refering to, I had forgot that due to potential legal action William was not allowed to follow through.
Williams holds back apology letter
By Brad Walter
July 24, 2004
Melbourne forward Danny Williams has received legal advice against sending a promised letter of apology to Wests Tigers second-rower Mark O'Neill over the king hit that threatens to end his NRL career.

Williams, whose 90-minute judiciary hearing on an ungraded striking charge was adjourned this week until August4, issued a statement through the Storm last Sunday expressing his remorse and saying that he had written to O'Neill. But neither O'Neill nor the Tigers has received the letter and it is understood that Williams was advised on Monday morning that any apology may be considered an admission of guilt if the matter proceeded to court.

Have a happy friday .....Not :lol:

innsaneink

Referee
UndertakerMike said:
There is a difference between lying and forgetting a minor detail.

I repeat There is no point persudaing immature biased pricks like yourself and like minded simpletons.

This is what i was refering to, I had forgot that due to potential legal action William was not allowed to follow through.

Have a happy friday .....Not :lol:

Yeah...I remember that, it was nothing but spin & PR.:roll:

He still hasnt apologized, a bit different to...

[QUOTE=UndertakerMike] Williams apologised straight away and continues to regret the incident.[/QUOTE]

Oh...you forgot did you?

Or just made it up on the spot.

Darth Bobo

Anyway it will be good to see Mark O'Neil run out with the Tigers this weekend for the finals series........what's Danny "Mr Concussion" Williams doing this weekend?

foster

Juniors
melbourne storm and grapple tackle go together.what's the difference between punching a player and a tackler trying to screw a head off the tackled players shoulders.just remember that when they employ the grapple that the tackled player is lying prone on the ground.it's akin to a king hit in my book.

Mr Saab

Referee
Darth Bobo said:
Anyway it will be good to see Mark O'Neil run out with the Tigers this weekend for the finals series.

oneill and skandalis will be leading the team out. They are the last reps of the tigers and mapgies pre merger.
Skandalis 1996-1999 west magpie
Oneill 1994-1999 balmain tiger

innsaneink

Referee
undertakermike said:
I repeat There is no point persudaing immature biased pricks like yourself and like minded simpletons

undertakermike said:
Williams's effort, (after being hit high and head slamed), was in the middle of the camera and the cat O'Niel layed down and milked it for all it was worth.

immature and biased???

LOL....and you say O'Neill milked it, yeh he milked it the next two or three weeks as well, missing those games an going fro brain scans along with all the headaches etc.

Youre pathetic.