What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Webcke retires from Rep footy

Has he made the right decision?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Raider_69

Post Whore
The bloke will go down as one of the best front rowers to ever play IMO, its gonna be weirds to look down the QLD team and see no Webcke or Tallis... probably for the best thou.

panthersballboy

Juniors
It was weird with no Tallis last year and now there will be no Webke. SOO just wont be the same but at least there are plenty of young guns ready to step up. Come on QLD give us someone we can hate!!!

Iafeta

Referee
Hate to say it, because I think the guy is a legendary player, but he's kind of remembered moreso by Warriors fans for the blue with Kevin Champion and the Gorilla attack. That was the ONLY game where he didn't keep coming, he's taken a belting before but from memory he only got through 4 credited hit ups in that game.

That aside, he's been the best front rower of this generation. He's an absolute marvel. That is one huge rock for Queensland to replace, having said that though I don't think Shane's been at his rock solid best for a year or two at the highest level. He's been willing, but generally fell just short of his high standards.

Thanks for the memories Shane. Bring on the next Queensland legend!! C'arn Queensland.

Mr Saab

Referee
iafeta...he will be remembered alot more than the campion incident.
Shane is targeted alot more as he is the benchmark for props. He has been since 1998.

21 straight origins,
1st picked prop for australia
broken arm whilst playing in the semi vs the eels in 2000.

Iafeta

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
iafeta...he will be remembered alot more than the campion incident.
Shane is targeted alot more as he is the benchmark for props. He has been since 1998.

21 straight origins,
1st picked prop for australia
broken arm whilst playing in the semi vs the eels in 2000.

No doubt. Thats not a criticism, but an insular look from a Warriors perspective, and in many ways a compliment that I've never seen him steer clear of hitting the ball up, other than that one day, and that one day was one of the most brutal days of footy seen in the modern era.

Iafeta

Referee
Too light I think white pointer.

I think they're going to go for some size up front, Price, Petrols 70centsalitre, Webb and probably Ross.

White Poiner

Coach
still he is more valuable than alll those players u mentioned nutley can do anything and everything a prop needs to do and he is probably the best tackling prop in the comp.

Iafeta

Referee
white pointer! said:
still he is more valuable than alll those players u mentioned nutley can do anything and everything a prop needs to do and he is probably the best tackling prop in the comp.

How's he better than say, Steve Price who is numero ono for metres gained, consistently brings in 25 plus tackles a game, and also has good enough ball skills to put blokes under the sticks?

Petrols 70centsalitre is a tough bloke, he regularly gets over the advantage line.

Ross also gets over the advantage line and gets through enough work.

And there isn't a better impact prop in the game than Carl Webb.

The difference between those guys and Nutley is going over the advantage line time and time and time again. Nutley can be dominated or hit in surrendour tackles quite frequently. Stats will show a lot of hit ups etc., but are they all of the quality of the aforementioned? Not quite.

Striker

Juniors
As a Broncos, QLD and obviously Australian Supporter all i can say is, "Thanks Shane, you are an absolute legend."

I am not looking forward to last Broncos game in 2006 the last time we see the big man where the Bronco on his chest. Hopefully it would be lifting the Telstra Premiership Trophy!

Latest posts