What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 1 down, whats the thoughts?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I think Melbourne's form is down a little but they are still well drilled enough to win games.

Manly are the team to beat, they may have not been convincing in the first half but they are the type of team that can joust with you for a while then once they get on top knock you out, piss on you, crush your bones and rape your carcass.

Brisbane played well but were up against a woeful Warriors team. Manu remains the Warriors talisman. If he has a shocker then the rest follow. I believe, as do others no doubt,that he needs to be dropped this week and reinvent himself as a prop.

The tigers are the tigers, brilliant one minute, Canberra Raiders 2011 the next. Utai and his thighs need to be dropped. Not just from first grade but from the top of a Meriton tower.

I believe that the Dragons are a big show of beating the Broncos this week. The Warriors are capable of beating the tigers, I would not be surprised if upsets occur in both matches. For the sake of competitive week 3 games and to avoid a Manly V Melbourne GF I hope it doesn't happen.

ceagle

Bench
very boring finals so far without the rabbitohs no?
You're right, the last finals series with lol@souffs back in 2007 was very exciting, I enjoyed seeing us crush them 30-6 and all of their metho-addicted supporter's hearts

netic

Juniors
I think Manly and Melbourne both deserve to still be Favourites.

Melbourne didnt look great but did get the job done.

Manly although down at halftime didnt look like losing, just had a gut feeling they would come good at some point and demolish the cowboys.

Brisbane have a great mix of youth and experience and can give either of the above teams a big scare.

Tigers can upset any team but to win 12 in a row is no small task and thats what they need to win the GF, i think they will win this weekend but lose to Melbourne ( Hope im wrong)

Dragons and Warriors although both are quality sides just not in the same form as the above and dont see them winning another game.

aussie7798

First Grade
I find it amusing that everyone is saying the tigers are right up there and writing the dragons off

Yes the Tigers played better than us but they scored a joke of a first try and the second one came off a restarted tackle count from a tigers knock on take those away and the dragons probably keep defending and hold on and win

Yet dragons are gone and tigers are premiership favourites

If Dragons can find their early season form then they are in with a big shot

Think Storm will beat tigers on their side
The other side is very tight

I find it amusing that everyone is saying the tigers are right up there and writing the dragons off

Yes the Tigers played better than us but they scored a joke of a first try and the second one came off a restarted tackle count from a tigers knock on take those away and the dragons probably keep defending and hold on and win

Yet dragons are gone and tigers are premiership favourites

If Dragons can find their early season form then they are in with a big shot

Think Storm will beat tigers on their side
The other side is very tight

There was probably something wrong with the third Tigers try as well. Go and watch the replay and report back with your findings.

aussie7798

First Grade
There was probably something wrong with the third Tigers try as well. Go and watch the replay and report back with your findings.

Simply pointing out that the gulf between a tigers and dragons win was much smaller than some seem to be making out and that those promoting tigers as favourites and dragons as gone should maybe have a little rethink

Simply pointing out that the gulf between a tigers and dragons win was much smaller than some seem to be making out and that those promoting tigers as favourites and dragons as gone should maybe have a little rethink

Despite your misgivings about a few of the tries (both properly awarded in my opinion), the gulf between the teams was considerable in the end. Speculating about whether the Dragons would have been able to hold onto their lead had those tries not been awarded is pointless. The Tigers were in control for the entire second half and if the necessity arose I'm sure they would have pushed for more points. I don't mean to sound arrogant but I think most would share that view.

As for this weekend, the Dragons have every chance to beat Brisbane if they can replicate their earlier season form.

Last edited: