What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 1 finals - game day thread Eels v Knights

eel01s

Bench
We did enough (just enough) to win. Concerned about Paulo on report and Gutho obviously injured during the game.

Do we have enough left in the tank to beat the Panthers???

Well done to Ray Stone, Will Penisini for great games. RCG, Nrown and Paulo laid the platform. Moses then performed when we needed him.

Eelogical

Referee
Why you blokes butt hurt about that charge down? The risk is all with the kicker (provided the defender is not late or at the legs)

Sheesh...
For me, it was a minimum reward play. We were comfortably in front, doing fine and it was the last tackle. I'd say it would have been worth the risk if we were the ones behind and looking for a play to keep us in the game. But, we invited them back into the game when we didn't need to. It was a dumb play. That's just one of the differences between the good teams and the great teams.

IFR33K

Coach
I expect Junior and Marata to be missing next week. If so, Matterson is obviously the straight swap for Marata, easy... If Junior is unavailable, and if Lussick is fit, I'd start with RCG and Brown as props, Stone at 13.

Pack and bench;

RCG
Lussick
Nrown
Matto
Lane
Stone

Smith
Papali'i
Carty
Kaufusi

Makatoa was a bit out of his depth today thought, ineffective....

Too small with brown and stone. We’d need papa starting.

Kornstar

Coach
It wasn't pretty but we won. I don't think i will be watching it again though this week like usually rewatch games.

Will be interesting which Panthers team turns up next week and which Eels team graces the field.

No real pressure on us next week at least.

IFR33K

Coach
For me, it was a minimum reward play. We were comfortably in front, doing fine and it was the last tackle. I'd say it would have been worth the risk if we were the ones behind and looking for a play to keep us in the game. But, we invited them back into the game when we didn't need to. It was a dumb play. That's just one of the differences between the good teams and the great teams.

Plus they looked shot. Out on their last legs. That got a sniff and took their chance and it pod off for them. Risky play