What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 2 Finals: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD @ Mackay 18/9/21

the phantom menace

First Grade
Such a close contest. Any number of moments could have made for a slightly different result.

Can't fault the effort, and considering the mid-season patch of poor form can't complain about bowing out of contention with such a solid effort in a tough match. Even Gergo's f**kups didn't cost ustonight!

Well done Eels - even though we might have beaten Melbourne, we wouldn't have beaten Manly or Souths in theGF anyway.

Surely thats not Browns fault. Makka, Oregon and Hipgrave were available.
Don’t get the Brown hate. He didn’t play many minutes. Shaun Lane was terrible again he came out of the line in that Cleary kick which led to the try and was then responsible for that penalty that took them Down the field for the 2 point penalty… and then you have Ray Stone who cost us the game with all of his 5-6 errors. I like Stone it’s not his fault he was put at hooker. The coach selected him there so it’s on the coach. If we had a half descent hooker tonight. We win. Then you add Klein. How the hell is he in first grade let alone in charge of a final.

yy_cheng

Coach
Don’t get the Brown hate. He didn’t play many minutes. Shaun Lane was terrible again he came out of the line in that Cleary kick which led to the try and was then responsible for that penalty that took them Down the field for the 2 point penalty… and then you have Ray Stone who cost us the game with all of his 5-6 errors. I like Stone it’s not his fault he was put at hooker. The coach selected him there so it’s on the coach. If we had a half descent hooker tonight. We win. Then you add Klein. How the hell is he in first grade let alone in charge of a final.
If reed played, we win

Delboy

First Grade
Tough to blame the coach when the 3 first choice hookers were out injured, it was what it was. How about Klein ruling a pass from dummy half that went backwards as whatever it was, noone seemed to know the ruling other than Stone is not a recognised 9. Klein is a moron and how he got a finals game is astrounding, particularly as he’s from the Penrith district refs association and his father played for them.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Nrown can’t play the 13 like radley can. Maybe matto is better in the middle
I think next season Brown will join the middle rotation from the bench, noth7ng wrong with that. Matterson can have the 13 if fit/training well,which leaves Papali'i, Niukore and Lane for the edge forward spots/bench.

Tough to blame the coach when the 3 first choice hookers were out injured, it was what it was. How about Klein ruling a pass from dummy half that went backwards as whatever it was, noone seemed to know the ruling other than Stone is not a recognised 9. Klein is a moron and how he got a finals game is astrounding, particularly as he’s from the Penrith district refs association and his father played for them.
He is the worst ref. I’ve been saying it for ages not just against Parra but he’s been shit for all teams. Matt Ceccin who has just retired is the best ref. Can’t believe these morons put Klein in the top grade.

Avenger

Immortal
I'm glad Ferguson won't be with us next year. He is a liability in defence.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
I said it before the game, we will get beaten by the officials, as they had already determined the better team in their opinion.

What an absolute crying shame, as we were the better team and deserving the win

Hold our heads up high friends. The nrl is a rort