What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 2 Finals: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD @ Mackay 18/9/21

strider

Post Whore
i suppose your excluding the part where Ferguson made Klein look like a fool with that weak crusher carry on.

Way to get the reffs on side with that rubbish.
or your supposed big enforcer JFH who did nothing more than bump into the defender and fell on the ground like 5 yr old pretending he was hurt - some f**kin enforcer .... at least fergo is an old man with a walking frame

TheParraboy

Staff member
Some stats from the game

nrl.com

Possession: Parra 51%
Completion 84% each
Tackle breaks: Parra 36-35
Line breaks: Parra 2-1
Missed tackles: Penrith 36-35
Errors: Parra 10-9
Penalties: Penrith 7-2
Ruck infrigments: Penrith 4-2

All runs: Parra 225-205
Run metres: Parra 1815-1582
PCM: Parra 492-437

yy_cheng

Coach
Do you guys reckon how we played last night would be Souths or Manly?

I reckon we would beat Melbourne with that type of performance, but Souths or Manly?

DaveMc

Juniors
I haven’t commented at all in this thread so far, and wanted to sleep on it before saying anything. But now that the dust has settled, regardless of how disappointing the result was, I’ve got to say that that was probably the best loss I can ever recall us having. I thought we’d be torn to shreds on the edges given how easily we conceded points against the Knights but I thought our goal line defence was genuinely inspiring stuff. It’s not often we’ve seen that sort of commitment from our blokes. That old “turning up for each other” cliche generally pisses me off, but that’s seriously what it looked like last night.

The concern remains our attack, but even then we were significantly hampered by running with a combination of fourth and fifth choice dummy halves all night. Stone is a mad bugger, but his service was pretty ordinary. I thought we had the chance to ice it in one of those late sets camped on Penrith’s line when Moses ultimately got the repeat set with the grubber, but if you look at that play, Mitch lost time because Stone’s pass was too high, so he looked for the repeat rather than what I expected to be a more attacking kick.

Anyway, all said, probably a par year overall. Still a bit disappointing given where we were sitting mid-season, but also disappointment tempered by pride in last night.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Do you guys reckon how we played last night would be Souths or Manly?

I reckon we would beat Melbourne with that type of performance, but Souths or Manly?

Interesting scenarios.

Our nemesis has been our right edge defense

Penrith tried and tried to set things up and attack there, but we either read the play or had numbers keen to be there.

yy_cheng

Coach
Interesting scenarios.

Our nemesis has been our right edge defense

Penrith tried and tried to set things up and attack there, but we either read the play or had numbers keen to be there.
Fergs mainly stayed back and our scramble was awesome... I said Earlier, you can see Will P talking to Fergs and calming him down. I reckon the comms from Will P is really helping Fergs as compared to Waqa.

But Manly and Souths has decoys which throws our rhs defense off. Panfers usually do that too but I didn't notice it as much. Maybe I was sitting too much on the edge of my sofa

Except in the most obvious cases, you won’t ever find me denigrating officialdom, but I’m not satisfied that the officials did their job last night.

So I join Bea having a general unease about the result. The frustration hasn’t subsided this morning either. But nothing is to be done to save this years campaign.

Brad and I were also unhappy with the number of unforced errors from the eels. Bad passing and that failure to execute the critical play at the death.

Ivan was deflated at the presser. Smug had left the house.

The heartbreak is that only you guys could have beaten the storm.

I was supporting the eels last night as promised and it was a pretty good ride to be honest.

You were meant to be splattered by 50 plus. Massive underdogs. There wasn’t so supposed to be any hope at all, but there it was.

The miracle was so close, bloody nrl!

You should be pumped with that effort overall. You had a massive dig.

And you’re entitled to take a little something away when looking at the merit of the outcome.

I am just not satisfied you lost on merit. I just don’t know. It will never be resolved in my mind I suppose.

No closure.

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Some stats from the game

nrl.com

Possession: Parra 51%
Completion 84% each
Tackle breaks: Parra 36-35
Line breaks: Parra 2-1
Missed tackles: Penrith 36-35
Errors: Parra 10-9
Penalties: Penrith 7-2
Ruck infrigments: Penrith 4-2

All runs: Parra 225-205
Run metres: Parra 1815-1582
PCM: Parra 492-437

The better team was definitely robbed last night.