What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 2 Finals: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD @ Mackay 18/9/21

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Some stats from the game

nrl.com

Possession: Parra 51%
Completion 84% each
Tackle breaks: Parra 36-35
Line breaks: Parra 2-1
Missed tackles: Penrith 36-35
Errors: Parra 10-9
Penalties: Penrith 7-2
Ruck infrigments: Penrith 4-2

All runs: Parra 225-205
Run metres: Parra 1815-1582
PCM: Parra 492-437
Shapes: Penrith 55, Parra 1.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Some stats from the game

nrl.com

Possession: Parra 51%
Completion 84% each
Tackle breaks: Parra 36-35
Line breaks: Parra 2-1
Missed tackles: Penrith 36-35
Errors: Parra 10-9
Penalties: Penrith 7-2
Ruck infrigments: Penrith 4-2

All runs: Parra 225-205
Run metres: Parra 1815-1582
PCM: Parra 492-437
The Stats say we would have won quite comfortably, besides the Ashley Klown stats of course.

DaveMc

Juniors
One other thing, and obviously it’s proper Monday morning quarterbacking now, but I wonder if we might’ve been well served by going hard to get Milford for the tail end of the season. I can’t recall exactly the timing with that rumour, but I think he might’ve been a decent bench option for us once Reed went down. Having him possibly go to 5/8 for a chunk of the game to allow Dylan to have played dummy half might’ve given us an extra attack point.

I know you guys are good uber dedicated fans:

Mitchell 3 pts
Fergo 2 pts

Did you see Fergos scrambling to save that try on the wing forcing merkin to cut inside?

Great footy.

Well Start Brad you amateur. All the other top coaches do it and it works. He’s the only dope that try’s to take some sort higher moral ground by not commenting on refs and having a whinge.

Look who’s left Bellamy, Hasler, Cleary the f**king dope and Bennett. They make a art form of complaining about the refs and it works.

It’s easy for the likes of Klein to ping us and not give us the 50/50 because BA does and says Jack. There’s nothing to fear. However the refs will check themselves before awarding those calls to the teams that whinge. It took BA to finally fire up AFTER OUR SEASON ENDED. another one of shit attributes.

Soto

Bench
Finals week 2 charges: Niukore facing ban; Butcher fined https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/09/18/finals-week-2-charges/

Eels second-rower Marata Niukore is facing a ban of 1-2 games next season after he was charged for a high tackle.

Niukore was handed a grade-one careless high tackle by the match review committee for his 65th-minute tackle on Penrith opponent Scott Sorensen.

Due to four previous incidents over the past two years, he will be banned two games if he unsuccessfully challenges the charge at the judiciary. He can reduce it to one game with an early guilty plea.

And that tackle called high when it was chest area only.

It was just a factory high end soo marquee tackle. Superb tackle.

Drawing a penalty, indicating the ref was consumed by impressions and perceptions rather than fact.

I was saying “ oh just f**k off” at the live stream on the laptop.

That’s why players are training with NIDA once a week.

To train on the actual facts of the game is hazardous.

You have to appeal to the referees “feelings” these days. Go with their impressions.

Their realities are different from the facts. A lot more virtue signalling woke official nonsense.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Do you guys reckon how we played last night would be Souths or Manly?

I reckon we would beat Melbourne with that type of performance, but Souths or Manly?
Souths are our bogey but i reckon they through everything into that penrith game. I reckon Bennett knew they couldn't win the comp if they lost last week. Its why he started baiting cleary.

They put all their chips in and come up trumps. Similar to us in 2017 against storm instead we lost.

If they fell short last week we would have played them battered and bruised. Reverse to last year.

They also have a woeful record against melbourne 5 wins from 35 games they wouldn't have beaten storm in a prelim

King-Gutho94

Coach
One other thing, and obviously it’s proper Monday morning quarterbacking now, but I wonder if we might’ve been well served by going hard to get Milford for the tail end of the season. I can’t recall exactly the timing with that rumour, but I think he might’ve been a decent bench option for us once Reed went down. Having him possibly go to 5/8 for a chunk of the game to allow Dylan to have played dummy half might’ve given us an extra attack point.
After the Titans game it came out.

Soto

Bench
Momirovski strip on Gutho should've been a penalty. 3 or so mins to go. Moses could've had a shot to level the scores..another rort. At worst 6 again...

TheParraboy

Staff member
Well Start Brad you amateur. All the other top coaches do it and it works. He’s the only dope that try’s to take some sort higher moral ground by not commenting on refs and having a whinge.

Look who’s left Bellamy, Hasler, Cleary the f**king dope and Bennett. They make a art form of complaining about the refs and it works.

It’s easy for the likes of Klein to ping us and not give us the 50/50 because BA does and says Jack. There’s nothing to fear. However the refs will check themselves before awarding those calls to the teams that whinge. It took BA to finally fire up AFTER OUR SEASON ENDED. another one of shit attributes.

Ricky Stuart says hello..

Manly havent beaten anyone in the top 4 in the normal rounds all year. Easy draw and Turbo. They will get walloped next week. Nothing to do with favorite reffing

No it’s just me, wretched west tigers fan merkin that some your colleagues voted should support you last night, despite warnings off from @Twizzle

I’m just marginally joining in the de-briefing session before f**king off out of here until we play you in the finals in 2022.

A bit of free counselling, good intent.

No need to be embarrassed by a forum cuddle because it’s from a west tigers fan.

Every bit of support from genuine well wishers will help you guys through the horrendous pain and suffering of………..being totally ripped off, scammed and pumped… by incompetent nrl officials.

They should hang their heads in shame.

Annesley should be sacked.

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
Finals week 2 charges: Niukore facing ban; Butcher fined https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/09/18/finals-week-2-charges/

Eels second-rower Marata Niukore is facing a ban of 1-2 games next season after he was charged for a high tackle.

Niukore was handed a grade-one careless high tackle by the match review committee for his 65th-minute tackle on Penrith opponent Scott Sorensen.

Due to four previous incidents over the past two years, he will be banned two games if he unsuccessfully challenges the charge at the judiciary. He can reduce it to one game with an early guilty plea.
doesn't he end up suspended at the end of every f**kin season? ..... groundhog day

Latest posts