What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 3 Finals: Storms v Ruffs + Silvertails v Rabbits

Gronk

Staff member
So Manly couldn't beat a top 5 side all year?

Other than a very depleted busted and weary 5th placed Roosters last week, but lost to them in the normal rounds

The flat track bullies of the comp indeed
This could be the NRL meme of the year. 🤜🏼🤛

TheParraboy

Staff member
well they put 50 on us - so we can't throw too many stones

Doesn't change the fact they couldn't beat any of the top sides, they got us in a form slump where we finished and deserved 6th spot. Hell , a depleted raiders and chooks beat us

Flat track bullies very appropriate

Well that we easy in the end. I don’t mind Souths, so after Storm flog Pennys tonight, I’m on the Souths train.

Yup Im on them as well

Couldnt stand Storm going back to back, something wrestle supercoach has never done
and if Penrith make GF, be just funny if they were bridesmaids again.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Weren't we top 4 when they beat us?
Your ladder position at the end of the season is what matters, not ladder position at round 11. Plenty of ordinary teams have had a great half a season, often because of scheduling.

But after 25 rounds it was clear that Manly were the fourth best team (both for wins and points differential) while we were sixth best.

hindy111

Post Whore
That is 2 finals games where Turbo has been ineffective.

Wonder if he'll cop the Moses abuse?

For the record, i think Turbo is currently the most dominant player in the comp, just pointing out that in big games people pick and choose when it is forgivable for a dominant player to not show up.

He was dominant last night in patches. He also butchered a try. 12-6 and it may of been game on.
Manly style is fine against weak sides. Even when they had no ball and Titans had a 22-0 lead they still come back and put 50 on them.
But against good sides unless they execute perfectly it leaves them vulnerable.Especialy with their defense. Good sides just waited and let them self destruct.
Des needed a different game plan against the top 4.

Delboy

First Grade
Despite a Vlandys rule, personally dont believe that loan type players (TPJ) should be allowed to play in finals , NrL have brought in some dumb rules.

Then laughs as Scum try the old trainer stopping play when Riff on attack, it’s all a bit stupid.

Incorrect

Coach
Hopefully this game stays close. The 2 prelims are going the opposite way I anticipated. I thought last night was too close to call and today Melbourne would win comfortably. They still might but Panfers have given them a bit of a jolt early.