What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 5 Talk

one tree hill

Juniors
Will the Pats drop 2 in a row to go to 2-3? Alex Smith goes back to San Fran while the Texans v Cowboys game looks really interesting.

nick87

Coach
I so want the Pats to go down this week
especially since the gambling lines came out and the Pats are only 1 point underdogs. That's f**king outrageous

The line has completely flipped my opinion on what im gambling on in that game. $1.86 for Cinci H2H is free money!

Im worried about the Eagles, our patch work Oline gets Lane back, who is a road grader in the run game, so that'll help Shady and Foles but the interior of that line still looks pretty bad, and the DL of the Rams can take games over, they've been quiet but this could be a game they break out in.

Hopefully we can get a win.

gronkathon

First Grade
Molk just isn't Kelce and he is so integral to everything the Eagles do.

That said I am hopeful they can put up points

Paullyboy

Coach
You've sure changed your tune on the pats Nick. I didn't agree with your original logic, but I certainly agree now.

nick87

Coach
You've sure changed your tune on the pats Nick. I didn't agree with your original logic, but I certainly agree now.

it's all about value
I was expecting the Pats to get a 7 point start on the Bengals and be $3+ on the H2H market, at those lines and prices, id be ALL over the Pats

they are getting only a point and almost even money on the H2H market, that swings it well in Cinci's favour, gambling wise
I still think there is a decent chance the Pats win the game, but it's not worth betting on given the market

zombie jesus

Staff member
The Steelers will rise to crush the Jaguars for about 26 minutes and fall in a heap for the other 34, making it a close win, if not a loss.

Mike Tomlin and Todd Haley will bewilder us, LeBeau is in Canton, his coaching cannot be judged, Colbert's lack of roster building nouse will be ignored, we're due some more O line injuries too, so on and so forth, 8-8 here we come.

nick87

Coach
The Steelers will rise to crush the Jaguars for about 26 minutes and fall in a heap for the other 34, making it a close win, if not a loss.

Mike Tomlin and Todd Haley will bewilder us, LeBeau is in Canton, his coaching cannot be judged, Colbert's lack of roster building nouse will be ignored, we're due some more O line injuries too, so on and so forth, 8-8 here we come.

I like Tomlin, i think he's a good coach, i think he has the right attitude on most things. I think the Steelers would be silly to sack him. I don't mind Haley either as an OC, the Steelers look REALLY good on offense when it clicks, they just seem to take the foot off the pedal a bit

But LeBeau might finally be coming to the end of his illustrious career. He's one of the all time greats, but father time is undefeated. It might be Dick's last year if this keeps us

legend

Coach
Broncos v Cardinals is the game of the week. Chance for the Broncos to shine after the bye week against a quality opponent.

nick87

Coach
Agreed. It'll be a great game.
The cards are getting 7 points on the lines. I like that A LOT. Broncos are probably going to win but i reckon it'll be tight

Paullyboy

Coach
I just haven't been impressed by the broncos this year. I thought they'd be close to untouchable but they are really showing signs of weakness on offence. Montee Ball really hasn't come on, and demaryius Thomas has been a passenger thus far - and they can't afford that with Decker gone.

Mhartew

Juniors
As a Cardinals fan, I think the Broncos will win, our defense isn't as good as it was last year with all the injuries and suspensions, so I can see Manning having a good day and I expect Denvers TE's will have a good time (Cards D are notoriously bad at covering TE's). Our offense hasn't lit anyone up except for the pre-season game against the Texans, Palmer will most likely be out again, so it'll depend on if Stanton can keep game managing the way he has.

Having said all that would I be surprised if the Cards win or covered the spread? No, we're a pretty good team. But I think Peyton will have a good day and it'll depend on if Stanton can match it.

zombie jesus

Staff member
I like Tomlin, i think he's a good coach, i think he has the right attitude on most things. I think the Steelers would be silly to sack him. I don't mind Haley either as an OC, the Steelers look REALLY good on offense when it clicks, they just seem to take the foot off the pedal a bit

But LeBeau might finally be coming to the end of his illustrious career. He's one of the all time greats, but father time is undefeated. It might be Dick's last year if this keeps us

Tomlin and Haley aren't going anywhere unless the season turns in to a complete shit fight, which isn't going to happen as long as Ben, Bell and Brown stay healthy for most of the year.

The offense looks good for a series here and there, it looks best when Ben is allowed to run the no huddle and make the calls but Tomlin and Haley continue to take the ball out of his hands and make stupid decisions, it's unfathomable some times, seriously cost them the game last week. Not the first time, won't be the last.

LeBeau was a great coach, he had great players, he created great players, it's not happening anymore, the recruiting on that side of the ball has been woeful, that's on him and the guys above him, they didn't even offer Keenan Lewis a contract wtf? Depth is so bad Keisel and Harrison are brought back.

I could write another 2000 words on this but I won't bore everyone :D