What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WEEK TWO - Parramatta 25 Bulldogs 6 @ Telstra

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Dogs have confirmed they will wear blue away strip.

5 games, 5 wins.

EELICIT

Juniors
Dogaholic said:
It's true. Maitua can't tackle to save himself. He is def in the top 5 for missed tackles. Avg 3-4 missed a game. Simply pathetic for a 1st grader

hagan knows boats! He is definitely gonna target him!!!

WHAT A GUY

Timmah

Staff member
WILLIAMS BACK TO STRENGTHEN BULLDOGS
11th Sep 2007 @ 5:11pm
Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes has named his strongest line-up this season for this Saturday night's semi final clash with Parramatta.

The return of Sonny Bill Williams has forced Folkes to make two changes to the line-up that lost to the Cowboys last Saturday.

Williams will start in the second row with Lee Te Maari dropping out of the side. Willie Mason will move into the front row and Chris Armit will start off the bench.

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Daryl Millard
4. Willie Tonga
5. Matt Utai
6. Ben Roberts
7. Brent Sherwin
8. Mark O'Meley
9. Corey Hughes
10. Willie Mason
11. Sonny Bill Williams
12. Andrew Ryan
13. Reni Maitua

Interchange:
14. Adam Perry
15. Nick Kouparitsas
16. Chris Armit
17. Jarrad Hickey

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/main.php?page=article&id=1324

Tekken Lord

Juniors
I think it's funny the year El Masri gets picked for state of origin is the year in which he's played the worst footy i've ever seen from him.

Timmah

Staff member
He was picked based on his early season form, which was actually brilliant. Earned a few Dally M points in that period I think.

The second half of the season he's been quite solid... haven't seen any utterly crap performances tbh.

Tekken Lord

Juniors
Oh i think El Masri is a quality player i just think this has been one of his worst years, especially after origin.

badav

Bench
Panther_Daz said:
Then why is he in the top 5 in the NRL for missed tackles this year smart ass?

So what?? Anyone who takes those stats on face value is a fool.

Brad Thorns above him on the list. Does that mean he cant tackle?? Hes also brisbanes top tackler. Put 2 and 2 together, some guys have more missed tackles than others because they attempt and make more tackles in the first place.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
badav said:
So what?? Anyone who takes those stats on face value is a fool.

Brad Thorns above him on the list. Does that mean he cant tackle?? Hes also brisbanes top tackler. Put 2 and 2 together, some guys have more missed tackles than others because they attempt and make more tackles in the first place.

Maitua either misses or is ineffective 1 in every 4 tackles, thats not a great strike rate. Maitua hasnt made that much really, but has missed a fair few. His attempt on tacklign Ray Cashmere in round 25, highlights he isnt the greatest defender.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I don't rate the Bulldogs recent form

2 loses to the Cowboys
flogged by the storm
1 point win over a depleted Broncos side

4 loses in a row...

Eels

Won last week away away impressive win
Demolised the Broncos
Lost to the Dragons (fairly inept effort)
Just beat by Melbourne

I'll take the Eels for this one...

Timmah

Staff member
Go back one more week, the Bulldogs smashed Canberra 52-4 without a few players. The same Raiders side went on to beat a more-or-less full strength Warriors.

Meanwhile, Parramatta actually lose three straight.

Neither team is a beacon of achievement at the moment.

ShineDog

Juniors
Timmah said:
Go back one more week, the Bulldogs smashed Canberra 52-4 without a few players. The same Raiders side went on to beat a more-or-less full strength Warriors.

:lol: :lol: To true..good point!!

effnic

Bench
Timmah said:

Coming from a fool who says your only as good as recent games. Stop changing your views of things when it suits you best nob.

Timmah

Staff member
effnic said:
Coming from a fool who says your only as good as recent games. Stop changing your views of things when it suits you best nob.

I never discredited his theory, he's quite right - but he omitted a week further back. Why confine it to those weeks he did?

Latest posts