What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weidler says a former great set to return

Brutus

Referee
johns_reds said:
curiosity killed the cat... is it blacklock to cronulla?

I've been told Mick Devere wants in at an NRL club next year. He'd be handy somewhere.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
If Mundine joined any club now, it'd be Souths.

Maybe Weidler was referring to Sailor signing a contract to start after his ban?

NGR

Juniors
VictorTheViking said:
Did anyone else hear this at the end of his spiel on the footy show last night?

If its true, $50 says its Fittler returning to the Roosters

fittler will be coaching the roosters U20s side next year, and luke philips taking over fittlers coaching postion with sgball...;-)

so il take your bet...

simon says

First Grade
I guess it all comes down to who you deem to be a former great??

Is Blacklock a former great??

Id say no.....he was very good though.

I guess you could class Fittller as a former great.even though IMO he was only great in 2 out of his last three seasons.

Dever...also a good player but hardly great.

Who is great......God,Buddah,Allah,L.Ron and who else???

marshall stalin said:
I know who it is but i am unable to say - the person is very fit and thinks they can assist the particular team involved.

"The person is very fit and thinks they can assist the particular team involved".

Thanks.

That narrows it down to "everyone who has played in the NRL but isn't playing in the NRL now."

Are you sure you know, or are you listening to the voices again?

willvillain

Juniors
I wasn't paying full attention to his segment last night, but I was fairly sure he said "a very popular former player" or something along those lines rather than saying 'former great'.

Kid

Juniors
willvillain said:
I wasn't paying full attention to his segment last night, but I was fairly sure he said "a very popular former player" or something along those lines rather than saying 'former great'.
Spot on. I'm pretty sure he said a "former crowd favourite" . no mention of the word great.

OVP

Coach
He didnt say the player was a former great at all. He said he was a popular player.