What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

weidlers news

Roy

Juniors
weidler (spelling) just reported on the footy show we are about to start talks with k gildey for a long term contract. He said that lots of clubs will be bidding for him if he enters the open market

Alex28

Coach
I thought we were just about out of money. I'm all for signing him, however it's as a utility player or a centre - Mullen has to be given his chance - for the good of the club.

PrideKnight

Bench
first off roy, can you please rename your thread "weidlers heresay, conjecture, plagiarism and horse dung"? man i cant stand him, if you read this danny, go tug yourself, we know how much you pinch off here.

secondly, christ i hope we dont re sign kidley, he is nothing without johns as has been shown time and time again. I'm all for using the extra money to pay out carneys GC contract ;)

Roy

Juniors
I havn't seen walsh or deruea play but going on what alot of people say about them, an watching kids "play making" i think we would be better to let kurt go.

Roy

Juniors
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
knights wont be able to afford gidley
if my emails are correct he will be a shark very soon

fine by me, as long as its not a swap for covel :D

Alex28

Coach
We'll take Albert back to where he belongs though - and give him real halves to play with. He's a deadset waste at the Sharks.

Roy

Juniors
Alex28 said:
We'll take Albert back to where he belongs though - and give him real halves to play with. He's a deadset waste at the Sharks.

spare a thought for porr old vagana he has been there for 3 years... poor bloke

bluey

Bench
Bugger vagana spare a thought for us long suffering fans who have had to put up with the sh*t that the sharks dish up every week.

benno

Juniors
Gids is no superstar in the halves but he and mullen can do a solid enough job until we build the likes of Walsh and Burraston up.
We let go of Kids now then who the hell is going to work with mullen??

I dont want any backlash from this guys cause im just stating an opinion. But i dont blame kurt for the loss against the warroirs nor did i want him to be gone after last yr.
NO-ONE in the knights team against the warriors played well so u cant go blaming one..Kurt, simmo, buds and smith tried but had no-one helping them in that game...just sat back and hoped for sumthin to happen.

Last yr kurt played 10 games and was basically injured in those 10 games so he could never get any confidence or any fitness behind him to play any good.
I agree that he isnt an amazing 5/8 or 1/2 but he can still get the job done and he can produce game breaking plays. 2004 a perfect example of his confidence up and that he could steer the team around...not as good as joey but hec thats wat we've got expect, we as fans have to expect that the knights wont ever be as brillant as we with johns in the team but we can still grind out good wins with the right personel and dish out a couple of floggins with out him (2004 knights 42- dragons 8) and ( Knights 32 - Bulldogs 6). Those games come from a team that works AS a team not one amazing player putting us into holes.

We can do it with kurt in the halves. no doubt that Walsh is better then him. but keep kurt until Walsh is ready (which i expect with Smith commin wont be too long after johns scoots) we lose kurt now we dont have anyone ready to work with mullen.

BTW cant WAIT for sundy Argh days goin too slow:cool:

Alex28

Coach
benno said:
Gids is no superstar in the halves but he and mullen can do a solid enough job until we build the likes of Walsh and Burraston up.
Er...Johns?

benno said:
We can do it with kurt in the halves.
No we can't. He is not a half, he can not guide the team around the field, he is a worker and not a leader - just like what we seem to have 16 others of when Johns is out of the team.

Ben

Bench
Quote:
Originally Posted by benno

Er...Johns?
I think benno is saying when Johns retires, Kidley will be the only one to work with Mullen. When Johns does retire in 2008, how old will Walsh be?

benno

Juniors
Yup i meant wen johns retires. I should have made that more clearer...my bad
I think Walsh is same age as Mullen...maby a yr younger...so he'd be bout 20 or so round 2008.

Boxer

Juniors
IMO Walsh & Mullen will be the ideal pairing for our halves. They will keep the Red & Blue on top for the next decade.

antonius

Coach
I think by the time Johns goes then Walsh will be ready. Kidley has had half a dozen decent games in the halves without Johns around, he's too predictable. I would sooner see him go elsewhere than have him in another extended experiment at halfback/5/8th minus Johns. There are better half combos available now that don't include Kidley. I wish Brian Smith were here now, I'm sure he wouldn't be persisting with it, I fear we will overspend securing him to a long term contract, only to see Walsh emerge into a force at Halfback, and Kidley become an overpriced utilty.

knights9

Juniors
I wouldnt try to rush Walsh into first grade to soon id give him a a couple of years in Premier League first.

Stuzmeister

Juniors
Same, if we let Kidley go now that'll give Mullen a couple of years to work with Joey if he sees through till 2008. Which will hopefully give him enough confidence to take the reigns and bring Walsh into first grade once Joey's gone.
Having said that I wouldn't be too unhappy if we resign him for a short term 1 or 2 year deal.

northey

First Grade
there was talk that johnny morris could be coming back to the knights, so if he does, i suspect that kids will go, although it will be sad to see him go :(

northey

First Grade
i really dislike danny wilder, what he says is usually incorrect, or old news that we already knew.
onece he said something about a player and that player was on the footy show that night, fatty asked the player what he thought, and the player was so confused and had no idea (he wasn't pretending).
when asked at uni in our print media tutorial why we wanted to be a journo, i said to expose danny wilder!