What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome Fitzy

Tiger Shark

Bench
Still can’t believe people don’t see the Fitz as a massive coup for us over the next 3 seasons.

View attachment 48109

image credit clarkeysRL Insta thingy.

I'm sure most people see it as a coup, but you can't blame people for being apprehensive. Many highly regarded ACs have failed to deliver and who knows what contribution Fitz has had to the Roosters and if it's not all Robbo?

I'm sure he's contributed greatly but I appreciate people being unsure on a rookie coach.

Frenzy.

Immortal
The quality of Halves today versus dollar value is disgraceful.

The minimum skill set in attack includes
  • Game Management
  • Kicking - Long + Short
  • Passing - L2R and R2L
  • Running
Add consistency as well, that really narrows the field.

People criticise Chad about his kicking game, for me, it’s his running game that is infuriating.

So you're not keen on Reynolds?

Foxlab have him at 13 runs for 160 metres which include the 60 metre intercept

So 12 runs at 100 metres.

8 metres per run

2.xx runs per game.

He's also only had 1 try assist. Chad has 11. Coming second in that.

Statistically he is worse than Chad ber field goals, goalkicking and decision making yet both are at 81% for goalkicking.

Just throwing this out there

carinashark

First Grade
I cannot see Fitzy making much difference. He is coming from a very ‘privileged’ club with lots of cash to spend and financial nous keep themselves cap compliant . He lobs at the Sharks with new clubs starting in the NRL, who will be shopping good young talent. The Roosters have very little in the way to draw on so buy in players. It will be a tough market and a tough first season . My guess he will go for a proven but fading star and some might be good players rather than youth. His season two will be tougher.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
So how long Fitzanderson?

Change the culture etc etc.....

Wake me up in a few years.

Freds dog has got dis!

Frailty

First Grade
So is he getting the sack for not being able to attract and sign players? As long as we can choose a different interim coach this time.

bluefox68

Staff member
Like it.

Morris seems like a genuinely good bloke with ability in a super tough gig. Its fine for the Board to set an expectation but they haven't provided top 4 resources. That's their job. If they got Bellamy to oversee then Morris would be reasonably expected to deliver to that level.
It’s fascinating to witness (and be part of) the mood amongst the fan base (especially this forum) - that is: we are NOT looking forward to next year because everything about the Sharks is hopeless - we ARE looking forward to next year - even at this early stage - because we have very high hopes for what’s ahead.

I think we’re realistic enough to accept that it may be 2023 before we really hit our straps, but 2022 is going to be good, as well.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
For me foxy I’ve been a fan of this club long enough to understand there is no such thing as instant success.

Firstly what I’m looking forward to is consistent responsible performances driven by a set standard that players are held accountable for. There is no way Fitz is weak in this space imo.

Secondly…. I’m desperate to get back home to shark park.