What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome PI Refugees

Big Mick

Referee
Cause it is a forum for all footy fans, not just who Mick likes.

Key word "Fans"

A hell of a lot on PI I wouldn't call that. Even when something good happened they'd still slam the joint. Thankfully none of them have ventured over yet.

But thanks for your concern betcats.

betcats

Referee
Mick, the ones you are talking about would fit right in here on LU. It was some of the mods that made PI a terrible place imo, the standard of poster i dont find any higher or lower then the standard here.

You don't like the posters who bag everything, Franklin doesnt like the posters who praise everything and think the club and coach is always right and I dont like any of them, and "Them" probably dislike silly half trolls like myself. The mix is no worse there than here.

Big Mick

Referee
Fair point.

There are only about 4-5 guys from there that I have no desire to see here and some are mods too.

betcats

Referee
Most of the mods over there I dont want to see here but atleast here i can tell them to f**k off without having 5 mods jump down my throat and then lock the whole thread.

I would love to see Puss In Boots over here, i have a seriously dislike for him and want to troll him incessantly.

franklin2323

Immortal
You don't like the posters who bag everything, Franklin doesnt like the posters who praise everything and think the club and coach is always right and I dont like any of them, and "Them" probably dislike silly half trolls like myself. The mix is no worse there than here.

Spot on. Don't get me wrong the club does plenty of great things but results and crowd support aren't where they should be. Except for Waterhouse every player I have met is so nice but I feel for the like of Walsh, Purtell etc being critised but if they aren't of the standard to win us games. I don't want them in the team. That attitude doesn't go down well over there.

As for them coming over here. Say Penrith are the best on the main board you will get owned. That will be worth putting up with knobs

mxlegend99

Referee
Spot on. Don't get me wrong the club does plenty of great things but results and crowd support aren't where they should be. Except for Waterhouse every player I have met is so nice but I feel for the like of Walsh, Purtell etc being critised but if they aren't of the standard to win us games. I don't want them in the team. That attitude doesn't go down well over there.

As for them coming over here. Say Penrith are the best on the main board you will get owned. That will be worth putting up with knobs

Agree with feeling sorry for players. Guys like Purtell, Walsh, Tighe etc. seem like great people when you meet them. I have nothing against any of the players i dislike when they're off the field. It's just hard seeing anyone who isnt consistently first grade standard get picked for the team we love. But of those players do put in the sort of footy we need/want i'll happily cheer them on and be glad the coaches faith paid off. Best example i can think of is Nathan Smith. I thought he was horrible in his first 2 years with us. But in 2010 he was terrific and since then i've hoped to see him bounce back from injury and deliver for us again. Im also happy to support him if he takes a few weeks to get back to form. He has earned it IMO.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yep. If Tighe, Simmons and co. perform and we are winning no doubt I will be happy for them. I will never boo a play in a Panther jersey or wish they go bad. Doesn't mean I can't be annoyed at terrible performances

age.s

First Grade
Most of the mods over there I dont want to see here but atleast here i can tell them to f**k off without having 5 mods jump down my throat and then lock the whole thread.

I would love to see Puss In Boots over here, i have a seriously dislike for him and want to troll him incessantly.

I always though PiB was a woman. Didn't mind him/her though. Alliecat and that guy that loved Purtell were the real wet blankets.

Wouldn't mind seeing Ross over here. He was always good value. Souf would be truly epic.

Felt for Steve through all of this. He put a lot of effort into PI. I quite liked the "like" feature he set up, on the downside it was never optimized for mobiles.

franklin2323

Immortal
Please no, even though i dole it out in buckets i'd hate to be as hated as the bunnies are on here and I reckon BM has a lot to do with that.

I don't think anyone there would do the 1000 gf line or the 'exclusives' that makes him a knob. We get warranted critism on here. I can handle that as I do the same.

The OX

Juniors
Must say I had fun shirt fronting Steve after he banned me last year.

Whimpered and ran like a shiela.

Mustnt have had his keyboard with him to battle with.

murraymob

Coach
I always though PiB was a woman. Didn't mind him/her though. Alliecat and that guy that loved Purtell were the real wet blankets.

Wouldn't mind seeing Ross over here. He was always good value. Souf would be truly epic.

Felt for Steve through all of this. He put a lot of effort into PI. I quite liked the "like" feature he set up, on the downside it was never optimized for mobiles.

ross is here just cant remember the name he uses but has been here a long time

BKB

Juniors
I will never boo a play in a Panther jersey or wish they go bad.

They asked Josh McCrone after the match on Sunday what turned the Raiders season around:

"When we got booed off here in round 16"

Booed off at home by the home fans. That's what turned their season around.

franklin2323

Immortal
They asked Josh McCrone after the match on Sunday what turned the Raiders season around:"When we got booed off here in round 16"Booed off at home by the home fans. That's what turned their season around.

Like Umina said. I have made the trip down someone has there socks down they boo. It's too cold they boo. So that's hardly a guide to if it works or not.

Is booing a team different then a individual player? I say yes booing them as a whole shows you aren't happy with them. That I can understand. I prefer the walkout approach they get the message it's targeted at them.

I have heard people boo when a players name is read out. That's just being a knob

Doomednow

Bench
Perhaps it will create a Bunniesman 2.0 in Panther colours :sarcasm:

I really hope we get a mixed bag. Some quality, some dickheads. It will be amusing.

I really value some of the less respected posters on LU. Haynetrain especially cracks me up consistently. Bunniesman may be a tool but come on he adds humour value. One or two Panthers fans we can laugh at the expense of might be a good thing. Despite having probably the sanest supporters group on this site on average, we cop shit anyway just because the team has been a bit shit. We may as well give them some actual posters to take it out on.

soc123_au

Staff member
We have a Panthers fans on here that provide the odd facepalm moment. Goosie & Pugzley come out with a few pearlers.

LU could definitely use some Souf.