What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the comp, Redcliffe.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Interesting they are reinstating the Redcliffe membership after pulling it? Suggests they haven’t sold 12k 10game memberships yet.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Dolphin Oval isn't a draw for people accustomed to attending games at Lang Park. Dolphins will learn the hard way it's Lang Park or nothing.
I think it’s more to do with people who will go to Redcliffe but not Suncorp, and vice versa, they tied the two together and it clearly hasn’t worked. Bit of a worry from a suncorp attendance point of view maybe?

I think it’s more to do with people who will go to Redcliffe but not Suncorp, and vice versa, they tied the two together and it clearly hasn’t worked. Bit of a worry from a suncorp attendance point of view maybe?
The club's handicapped itself by playing games at Dolphin Oval, not having a proper name and choosing the wrong colour scheme.

mongoose

Coach
Dolphin Oval isn't a draw for people accustomed to attending games at Lang Park. Dolphins will learn the hard way it's Lang Park or nothing.
yeah this is the problem, just ask Brisbane Roar fans who live south of the river. They just don't bother going to Redcliffe - granted not many of them bother going to suncorp either....

Pippen94

First Grade

Here's hoping club fails & they replace with team from other side of country. Oh wait, that's just you..

The Great Dane

First Grade
Here's hoping club fails & they replace with team from other side of country. Oh wait, that's just you..
Redcliffe won't fail, at least not in the traditional sense of folding. The grant and their leagues club will see them putt along for decades. What Redcliffe will do is fail to live up to the potential there was in a second Brisbane side, and in a lot of ways that's worse.

They'll just be another club among many in this comp that squats on a license without adding very much to the comp.

yeah this is the problem, just ask Brisbane Roar fans who live south of the river. They just don't bother going to Redcliffe - granted not many of them bother going to suncorp either....
I'll never understand why Dolphin Oval was converted into its current configuration. It's too big for Queensland Cup but not big enough for NRL.

I suppose it's not too bad for A-League if its rental fees are significantly lower than Lang Park, but it's shithouse for Brisbane Roar fans.

Redcliffe won't fail, at least not in the traditional sense of folding. The grant and their leagues club will see them putt along for decades. What Redcliffe will do is fail to live up to the potential there was in a second Brisbane side, and in a lot of ways that's worse.

They'll just be another club among many in this comp that squats on a license without adding very much to the comp.
It would have been better to go with the Firehawks and West Coast Pirates. I fear the Dolphins will be a waste of space like Cronulla and Manly. Their only hope is to base themselves permanently out of Lang Park and perhaps move their NRL team's training facilities to Brisbane's CBD.

I really hope they work with Easts Tigers to create a new entity that can be based at Langlands Park under the Dolphins brand, but merged entities don't have a history of working out. Something like Brisbane Dolphins, based out of Langlands Park so players can live closer to the CBD.

Pippen94

First Grade

Still bitter the bombers didn't get up. League fans actively rooting against game.

Pippen94

First Grade
It would have been better to go with the Firehawks and West Coast Pirates. I fear the Dolphins will be a waste of space like Cronulla and Manly. Their only hope is to base themselves permanently out of Lang Park and perhaps move their NRL team's training facilities to Brisbane's CBD.

I really hope they work with Easts Tigers to create a new entity that can be based at Langlands Park under the Dolphins brand, but merged entities don't have a history of working out. Something like Brisbane Dolphins, based out of Langlands Park so players can live closer to the CBD.

..or maybe they just concentrate on north Brisbane & its exploding population rather than just be a budget broncos.

..or maybe they just concentrate on north Brisbane & its exploding population rather than just be a budget broncos.
If they concentrate on Moreton Bay and Sunshine Coast then how will they fill Lang Park on a Thursday or Friday night?

If there was an adequate sized stadium in Moreton Bay and Sunshine Coast then it could work, but there isn't. Sunshine Coast Stadium is probably a 5 years away from being built and it won't be big enough.

V'landys should really be liaising with the Queensland Gov to get Sunshine Coast Stadium built to a minimum capacity of 25k.

Pippen94

First Grade
If they concentrate on Moreton Bay and Sunshine Coast then how will they fill Lang Park on a Thursday or Friday night?

If there was an adequate sized stadium in Moreton Bay and Sunshine Coast then it could work, but there isn't. Sunshine Coast Stadium is probably a 5 years away from being built and it won't be big enough.

V'landys should really be liaising with the Queensland Gov to get Sunshine Coast Stadium built to a minimum capacity of 25k.

So only broncos fans in immediate area around lang park go to games?!

Sunshine Coast is secondary. Dolphins Brisbane team first.

mongoose

Coach
not budget Broncos - think Man United/Man City AC Milan/Inter Milan NY Giants/NY Jets

we don't want large corporate behemoth vs small suburban club rivalry

Anyway hopefully Dolphins don't become that. They have a great mascot, jersey colours have potential... I'm not a Dolphins doomer but definitely have some concerns....

Pippen94

First Grade
not budget Broncos - think Man United/Man City AC Milan/Inter Milan NY Giants/NY Jets

we don't want large corporate behemoth vs small suburban club rivalry

Anyway hopefully Dolphins don't become that. They have a great mascot, jersey colours have potential... I'm not a Dolphins doomer but definitely have some concerns....

Manchester teams originated from different areas of city as smaller clubs. Imagine same for Milan. Jets first played out of queens which is an outer burrough away from the giants.
Closest comparison would be Melbourne city in a league which hasn't been able to get any traction. Dophlins follow wanderers & dockers model which have been successful.