What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the comp, Redcliffe.

Wb1234

Referee
Good summary. He’s basically trolling now and quite clearly had a pro afl anti rugby league agenda.
He’s held up afl as a pinnacle for 20 years that the nrl should follow

the giants are one of the biggest expansion club failures in Australia. The afl version of operation Barbarossa

1000 paying fans is a joke

Wb1234

Referee
I don't think you understand what that word means
Maybe it has a different meaning in north qld

some who makes a false statement which has an adverse financial impact can be sued for defamation.

here ends the lesson

gill shouldn’t lie like this

Canard

Immortal
Maybe it has a different meaning in north qld

some who makes a false statement which has an adverse financial impact can be sued for defamation.

here ends the lesson

gill shouldn’t lie like this

No that's not it. Have you got a link to him saying such dumb shit by the way?

And if you could sue someone for making dumb predictions, then the entire Fox Sports commentary would be penniless, not to mention you, me and half of LU.

Shit, V'landys would be a 10 time bankrupt.

Wb1234

Referee
No that's not it. Have you got a link to him saying such dumb shit by the way?

And if you could sue someone for making dumb predictions, then the entire Fox Sports commentary would be penniless, not to mention you, me and half of LU.

Shit, V'landys would be a 10 time bankrupt.
It’s on the gill McLaughlin thread

he says in one or two years time afl will be number one in qld

maybe next time you should read the actual quote before jumping in lol

Canard

Immortal
It’s on the gill McLaughlin thread

he says in one or two years time afl will be number one in qld

maybe next time you should read the actual quote before jumping in lol
What thread? Link?

Like I said, you would be broke if you could sue people for making dumb predictions.

xe_kilroy

Juniors
I bought the white/gold away looking good
I like the away one more than the home one too. All the little red piping on the white makes it pop, and the smaller difference between white and that washed out gold isn't so obtrusive. Good choice.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I said they wouldnt be as big a threat as the Firehawks, who would have been a genuine Brisbane side playing all games at Suncorp. But keep making sht up.
You didn't list the weaknesses of their bid either:

1. Not quite as strong financially as the Dolphins (although still mightily impressive)
2. They are a carbon copy of the Broncos, not catering to a different market within a growing region

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I did say the dolphins will crush the lions

as you’ve pointed out I didn’t expect it to happen in three weeks

sponsors crowds and tv ratings will all head south for the lions

gillon said in a year or two afl would be number one in qld

that’s where the bs is

he should be sued to defamation
I too said it. The more the NRL grows with SEQ, the more it restricts the Lions' ability to grow. They rely heavily on expats from AFL states as it is, the Dolphins have dampened their plans up north and the Jets will come in in a decade or so and rain on their parade out west. SEQ IS Rugby League, Melbourne can take their Lions team back whenever they like.

mongoose

Coach
I too said it. The more the NRL grows with SEQ, the more it restricts the Lions' ability to grow. They rely heavily on expats from AFL states as it is, the Dolphins have dampened their plans up north and the Jets will come in in a decade or so and rain on their parade out west. SEQ IS Rugby League, Melbourne can take their Lions team back whenever they like.
yeah sure... you know Sydney has 9 teams, 9!! hasn't stopped the Swans becoming the most attended team in the city. Perhaps we need to add a 10th team to Sydney, 9 just isn't quite enough.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
yeah sure... you know Sydney has 9 teams, 9!! hasn't stopped the Swans becoming the most attended team in the city. Perhaps we need to add a 10th team to Sydney, 9 just isn't quite enough.
The Swans haven't significantly grown their attendances or TV ratings since 1996 though. What you see with the Swans (and the Lions mind you) is the AFL tragics in Sydney (Brisbane) concentrated into one team. The Lions are exactly the same. Haven't significantly boosted their crowds or TV ratings since their golden run in the early 2000's.

So yes, NRL growth in SEQ will make it harder for them to grab more market share, just as the 9 NRL clubs in Sydney have really prevented the Swans from growing in any meaningful way in 25 years despite the untold millions spent in both cities.