What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the comp, Redcliffe.

Wb1234

Referee
Because we know only 15k came from outside WA meaning 45k were locals.
Just like the 40k locals that attended both double headers and the multiple sold out so called one off crowds. A 16k averags for games played there in a stadium that only held 16k when games were first taken there and now at 20k capacity.

You say one off games don't count for a season long average but they are the only evidence there is and that evidence is positive and shows the support is there. They can only attend the games they get and they do.

You and I can not say if they will or won't work out, but only guess.
My guess taking into account the recent history is that they will and I doubt I will be wrong. No skin off my back either way.

Fact is perth is a big wealthy market with serious government support and proven history of playing the game and attending matches.
A group of monkeys could run a successful perth club with all that behind them.
Donkey is right using an origin game to reflect an nrl clubs support is idiotic

Vlad59

Juniors
You hate the Perth bid so everything you say is self serving. You still haven’t accepted the Storm. You have constantly downplayed their growth and success. You Sydney centric folk truly are cowards when it comes to truly growing the game.

shewi6

Juniors
I wish you well discussing anything with this lad. Perth is a no brainer mate. GROTD has no brains. This is the dilemma.
Yeah i know, i should take my own advice and not talk to a brick wall.

I just can't see how one could go through life with such a negative view and spin on things, especially when it comes to growing the game and righting the wrongs of the past for a sport they supposedly follow.

Last edited:

Vlad59

Juniors

I just can't see how one could go through life with such a negative view and spin on things, especially when it comes to growing the game and writing the wrongs of the past for a sport they supposedly follow.
He and WB hate any suggestion of growing the game outside traditional markets. And they’ve written tens of thousands of posts to prove it.

MugaB

Coach
He and WB hate any suggestion of growing the game outside traditional markets. And they’ve written tens of thousands of posts to prove it.
Wb doesn't hate on expansion areas, you might be mixed up with someone else there...

Wb1234

Referee

I just can't see how one could go through life with such a negative view and spin on things, especially when it comes to growing the game and writing the wrongs of the past for a sport they supposedly follow.
If it’s about righting the wrong the bears have a far stronger case for inclusion than Perth

the fact news ltd killed them off after they betrayed the arl was karma

shewi6

Juniors
And what sport do they play in an origin game? Here is a hint, it's not the nbl.

Plus origin is not the only game that i cited if u can read.

All one off games are played between neutral teams so yes they aren't indicative of the support a local team will get, a local team would draw more as donkey pointed out in his research, perth teams draw well in perth.

Wb1234

Referee
Wb doesn't hate on expansion areas, you might be mixed up with someone else there...
If it were up to me I wouldn’t be adding Perth now (as a stand alone team)

joined with the bears I’m fine with them coming in ahead of png it’s a strong bid

rugby league made a lot of mistakes when we set up the storm and now we do it properly

Wb1234

Referee
And what sport do they play in an origin game? Here is a hint, it's not the nbl.

Plus origin is not the only game that i cited if u can read.

All one off games are played between neutral teams so yes they aren't indicative of the support a local team will get, a local team would draw more as donkey pointed out in his research, perth teams draw well in perth.
It’s a dumb argument and you know it

you made it to exaggerate Perths strengths

shewi6

Juniors
Explain how it is a dumb argument? Does 60k people attending a game of rugby league in a supposed small unworthy market mean there is no demand for the game there?

MugaB

Coach
Perth and Melbourne definitely yes.
I'm not sure about that, most posts we agree on generally, and I'm not against either, infact i want to see 2 in each, both cities could in 20 years time be able to do that, but I want the best case for perth, and going it alone right now isn't it, don't put the blinkers on for Sydney centric myopia just coz we are backing it, we'd be backing it the same if it were an East tigers Perth bid just the same

Wb1234

Referee
Explain how it is a dumb argument? Does 60k people attending a game of rugby league in a supposed small unworthy market mean there is no demand for the game there?
Who said no demand ? Now your shifting the goalposts cause you made a bad argument

origin is a one off

Origin in Melb gets up to 60k locals showing up

how many do the storm get ?

shewi6

Juniors
Who said no demand ? Now your shifting the goalposts cause you made a bad argument

origin is a one off

Origin in Melb gets up to 60k locals showing up

how many do the storm get ?
U and ur donkey headed mate have been claiming that about perth ad infinitum.

I haven't shifted any goal posts, my argument has been clear and consistent in that perth has continually shown for any rugby league event held there that they show up in great numbers and have proven it now for over 10 years.

Wb1234

Referee
U and ur donkey headed mate have been claiming that about perth ad infinitum.

I haven't shifted any goal posts, my argument has been clear and consistent in that perth has continually shown for any rugby league event held there that they show up in great numbers and have proven it now for over 10 years.
I said a Perth team will average 16 to 18k

shewi6

Juniors
Keep up? Your talking perth markets on an redcliffe thread
Wow really? I never knew discussions could take different courses over time as new topics are added and compared to the original.

Not to mention the entire expansion sub forum basically falls into perth trolling for any threas anyway.