What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome

stumped

Juniors
Hello all, My name is stumped and I support the "Betty Ford clinic"............. this dead set d ick head Rowney just never knows when to keep his big mouth shut, for those of you who don't know what I'm on about, look up the SMH article on Monday where Rowney describes the jets, yet again as the Betty Ford clinic of the NRL!

as usual he was full of self praise but now he has added his siblings! wonder if thats the one who couldn't run the shop at a profit? what hope would poor old Todd Carney stand having her as a guidance councilor?

although, he may just be correct, the jets have had 3 players test positive to recreational or performance drugs that i know about!

silverfox

Juniors
I read that article was disbelief - cant believe the roosters would be too happy about that! what about the players who have played for the once mighty jets would be happy it called a rehab centre! what value are they giving to the roosters with these sort of comments!

boo_boo

Juniors
Newtown like Souths will always be a blue collar working class Rugby League club.
I read the article as well but i considered it to be more "tongue in cheek" rather than bowing to all the demands of political correctness that surrounds the game these days.
The larrikins of the game are slowly disappearing & i think it's sad to see.

silverfox

Juniors
but the delicate case as this is should not be paraded in this manner. Like riddell writing that stupid article about who can drink! this isnt a 'larrikin' i would reserve that for the likes of blocker, and brohman. Since when are 'administrators' larrikins in this day and age. Nothing to do with working class - souths got rid of newtown too didnt they?? they saw the writing on the wall back then! roosters need to do the same

stumped

Juniors
I'd prefer it the other way round.
Newtown get rid of the Roosters.
goes to show your intelligence, Newtown would fold faster than you could say the word "fold" should the roosters see the light and punt them, just look at the rabble the jets sports club has turned into and the majority of thats club board sit on the football club board!

If that's they way Newtown feel about us I'd be all too happy to end the arrangement.

but the delicate case as this is should not be paraded in this manner. Like riddell writing that stupid article about who can drink! this isnt a 'larrikin' i would reserve that for the likes of blocker, and brohman. Since when are 'administrators' larrikins in this day and age. Nothing to do with working class - souths got rid of newtown too didnt they?? they saw the writing on the wall back then! roosters need to do the same

That was the dumbest thing I've ever read he must think he is Kerry O'Keefe.

Bluebag

Juniors
the Roosters have been a godsend to the Jets, without them we would not have played in and GF's and have saved the club so much money as most in the past have been their players who have accepted the history of the club. Their fans have also supported us through the gate, merchandise and been sensational.
The term Betty Ford Clinic is a poor choice and one that reflects badly on the club brand even if it was not meant to. to My knowledge Le'Strange, Hall, Soward, SKD, Aubo, Pearce have never needed any saving from problems nor the Paea's but one would have t assume that anyone who has worn the Royal Blue has a problem. We are a great club that has been well supported from the Roosters from top to bottom and all fans should appreciate that as we couldnt stand alone again.

Deadly

Juniors
If that's they way Newtown feel about us I'd be all too happy to end the arrangement.

TT, Boo Boo is also a Souths fan.

The Roosters/Jets partnership is the benchmark of it's kind.

You only had to be at Brookvale Oval today to see that.

Hopefully Mr Carney can come back soon so you boys can start winning games again.

boo_boo

Juniors
Yes Deadly i am a Souths supporter but one with a healthy respect for the history & traditions of the Newtown DRLFC.
I am very interested in how the club is going & yes i like to stay informed about what's happening at the club.
But i aim to stay away from the internal politics that seem to be present in the club's infrastructure & support the club from a grass roots level.
I cant see anything wrong with that.

stumped

Juniors
boo boo, is it true that when you were growing up your mother used to tie a bone around your neck so the dog would play with you?

Deadly

Juniors
But i aim to stay away from the internal politics that seem to be present in the club's infrastructure & support the club from a grass roots level.
I cant see anything wrong with that.

There is nothing wrong with that!

There are no internal politics at Newtown, just a couple of ratbags with petty personal agendas & grudges dating back years that should do everyone a favour and move on.

Truth is neither stumpy dick or Silverfox are Newtown supporters anyway.

boo_boo

Juniors
Deadly, that explains a lot.
As i said previously i'll let those who have agendas go about their own business but i'll just enjoy my footy.

TT, Boo Boo is also a Souths fan.

The Roosters/Jets partnership is the benchmark of it's kind.

You only had to be at Brookvale Oval today to see that.

Hopefully Mr Carney can come back soon so you boys can start winning games again.

I've really come to appreciate Newtown a lot since our partnership, as have most of us even if it took some a while to adjust to it, and I can think of no better club to be associated with than The Jets, two proud foundation clubs sticking together and Newtown keep an important part of rugby league history alive which is going a little unnoticed by newer RL fans but this individual chose a very poor way to describe both teams. At first hearing the comments sounded like people at Newtown maybe felt misstreated but it's clear it is one individual.

Hopefully we can continue our partnership for a long time and bring some success together. I would love to see a Roosters/Jets premiership double that would just about do me.

stumped

Juniors
There is nothing wrong with that!

There are no internal politics at Newtown, just a couple of ratbags with petty personal agendas & grudges dating back years that should do everyone a favour and move on.

Truth is neither stumpy dick or Silverfox are Newtown supporters anyway.
and your fellow board members know your posting on here? hahaha

P.S I have no agenda or grudge with the club per-say, only the dishonesty that starts at the top and the little people below wont do anything about!

stumped

Juniors
You have stated it yourself on this forum on numerous occasions.
that I have deadly, that I have, I have also said, in an aforementioned post and I will quote "when you go undercover you should try and remain anonymous"