What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well done GB

Bob8

Juniors
East Coast Tiger said:
Well done GB.
Thoroughly deserved. Long has finally arrived in international footy. Australia were awful but that's not GB's fault. Should get them through the gates in Brissy and for the final.

Cheers.

I would like to think that GB had something to do with the Australia performance. I am sure we will see a better performance from Aus come the final.

nqboy

First Grade
Impellitteri said:
One swallow doesn't make a summer...
Absolutely. Let's see him win this year, then dominate next year or the World Cup. He's had one good game.

nqboy

First Grade
But well done GB. You had to throw it around to be a chance and the second phase ball you got tonight, even when it came to nothing, still had us guessing. I long for the day when the Aussies get back to that and give up the mistake free obsession we have. Even as inferior as I rate the Lions man for man, I tip my hat to their skill and variety in attack.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I agree. For the good of league GB MUST make the final. There will be 40,000 Poms in Australia for the Ashes. The final will not sell out if the Poms are not there IMO!

Micistm

Bench
Well, it wasn't the best result for NZ to say the least, but well done to GB for showing what you are made of. For weeks everyone has been writing off GB as there simply to make up the numbers, and no doubt they'll be knockers that suggest Aussie played badly (Dare I say even 'threw it'), but I simply think GB went there to prove and point and did so very well. Aussie on the other hand were busy with a combination of praising themselves about how much they were going to win by and acting holier than thou for NZ they simply underestimated how good the GB side are. They suprised me, good on them.

Let's see Stuart try and come out and defend Mason. I bet he will try to, the guys such a ****ing hypocrite, as is mason himself.

lockyno1

Post Whore
The final will sell out if GB make it, it won't if NZ make it! Think about it, which one is better for international league?

Mal Meninga

Bench
Congrats GB, love to see the underdog shoot down the arrogance. What happened to Kieran Cunningham? Terry Newton would make any fan nervous with his passes!

One thing about the recent Pom sides that i've pondered is... where is the speed? I remember the likes of Offiah and Jason Robinson ready to turn a game inside out the way an Inglis would, but these days they seem to lack an x-factor out in the 3/4's. Also a geniune 5/8 or 7 would give the Poms a geniune chance at winning these games, rather than once every 6th time.

Geoggy

Juniors
PRIDEOFLIONS said:
CATHY FREEMAN, MAL MANINGA, GLEN MCGRATH, DON BRADMAN, BOB HAWK, NED KELLY, MALTING MATILDA, KANGEROOS, KERRY PACKER, PHAR LAP, SHANE WARNE, EVONNE GOOLIGONG, BARRY HUMPHRIES, CROCODILE DUNDEE, ROD LAVER, GUY PEARCE, KYLIE MINOGUE, RUPERT MURDOCH, CLIVE JAMES, MEL GIBSON, GEOFFREY RUSH, JOAN SUTHERLAND, ROB DE CASTELLA, SIR GUSTAV NOSSAL, STEVE WAUGH, NEVILLE BONNER, JOHN HOWARD, ELLE MACPHERSON, RICKY STUART! RICKY STUART!!....

.....YOUR BOYS TOOK A HELL OF A BEATING!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

pmsl - you missed out "The Wiggles"

:D

Bob8

Juniors
nqboy said:
No excuses here. The Poms too good, the Aussies not good enough.

Cheers,

I am happy with the win, but we will see how we cope with an Aussie team on top of their game.

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
lockyer gave so many on the platter... all the players had to do was eat it... failed to do that... meh... boring game ending in a good result for the good of the game... happy with the result... would have been happier if we won, but kudos to the pommies!!

PRIDEOFLIONS

Juniors
Mal Meninga said:
Congrats GB, love to see the underdog shoot down the arrogance. What happened to Kieran Cunningham? Terry Newton would make any fan nervous with his passes!

One thing about the recent Pom sides that i've pondered is... where is the speed? I remember the likes of Offiah and Jason Robinson ready to turn a game inside out the way an Inglis would, but these days they seem to lack an x-factor out in the 3/4's. Also a geniune 5/8 or 7 would give the Poms a geniune chance at winning these games, rather than once every 6th time.

Your right. Newton is not a great footballer and we don't really have any proper speed.

I think what we have is good team defence, and more mature players than in previous years. Also we were strong in the centres today with Yeaman and Senior. and quick at the play-the-ball. I think GB have well rounded players but we definatley don't have the speed, skill and exciting players like Inglis, Thurston, King, Gasnier and Lockyer.

I think that is what makes this win so sweet

Bob8

Juniors
Mal Meninga said:

Just to repeat, but yes, you have a very good point.

deluded pom?

Coach
PRIDEOFLIONS said:
CATHY FREEMAN, MAL MANINGA, GLEN MCGRATH, DON BRADMAN, BOB HAWK, NED KELLY, MALTING MATILDA, KANGEROOS, KERRY PACKER, PHAR LAP, SHANE WARNE, EVONNE GOOLIGONG, BARRY HUMPHRIES, CROCODILE DUNDEE, ROD LAVER, GUY PEARCE, KYLIE MINOGUE, RUPERT MURDOCH, CLIVE JAMES, MEL GIBSON, GEOFFREY RUSH, JOAN SUTHERLAND, ROB DE CASTELLA, SIR GUSTAV NOSSAL, STEVE WAUGH, NEVILLE BONNER, JOHN HOWARD, ELLE MACPHERSON, RICKY STUART! RICKY STUART!!....

.....YOUR BOYS TOOK A HELL OF A BEATING!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

I'd like to see Phar Lap's granny's birth certificate. The horse was New Zealand bred but raced in Australia. As with everything the Aussies try to claim it as one of their own. Beaten by the Kiwis again and again and again :lol: :lol: :lol:

WJ

Juniors
Mal Meninga said:

Our backs outmuscled the aussie backs today.

Your's have the speed and skill ours have the power.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Do the Poms have any starlets coming through the ranks or are they being snapped up by Union? I'd love to see these internationals become a coin flip rather than a David vs Golliath battle every time.

Jeffles

Bench
That's the best I've seen GB since the last time they won in Oz (33-10 in Melbourne 1992). A very good spectacle. Now let's hope they carry on like they did in 1990, 1994, 2001 and 2004 where they capitulated when it counts. :p

Misty Bee

First Grade
PRIDEOFLIONS said:
Hey give me some credit...it was hard to find that many famous Aussies:lol:

Never heard of AC/DC? Cate Blanchette? Harry Kewell? Brett Kenny? Stan Jurd? Ed Sulkowicz????

Latest posts