What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well done NSW

Big Pete

Referee
Congrats on winning game 1.

Completely out motivated a strong Queensland line up and deserved the win.

Bring on Game 2!

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
They got the only rub of the green that mattered, but NSW outplayed us for 60 minutes and in Sydney, that's all they need.

Inglis must start at number 1 in game two, but I can't see Slater bring dropped without some headlines popping up. Someone shave 400k off of JT's contract. He's in very sub par form at the moment. Cronk very flat footed as well. I can see Chery Evans getting a run this series.

14 points to 6. I guess QLD could have ended up with a worse result.

Big Pete

Referee
The scoreline flatters the Maroons a bit IMO although I see it as NSW running out of petrol late in the game.

gUt

Coach
I dunno if the scoreline flattered anyone, seemed pretty right to me. Congrats NSW, clearly the better team for 65 minutes at least. It will be the making of them if they can do it again at Packer's Toilet.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Lol@IBM. I thought we were the sooks who always blamed the ref?

Thanks Pete. Happy with the result. Happy with the way we played. We need to cut out the errors in game 2 though. Bring on Suncorp.

betcats

Referee
That first 40 was the worst ive seen QLD in 7 years, they looked a bit old and a bit slow.NSW just looked bigger, stronger and meaner.

Nate Myles can eat a punch haha. Anyway looking to game two, im expecting qld to come out fired up.

Shorty

Staff member
The scoreline flatters the Maroons a bit IMO although I see it as NSW running out of petrol late in the game.

I don't think it does, I think it was a very physical game with NSW having crisp attack but they didn't flog us.
Oh and I love that premature calls to drop slater or Thurston, two players that have carried Queensland over the years.

Anyway NSW were full of energy and enthusiasm, well done, looking forward to game two.

Big Pete

Referee
I thought NSW were well on top all game really.

They still seem fairly mentally weak, they started shitting themselves when the Maroons finally posted points but it was to no avail. Would have been interesting how they would have responded had Myles held onto the ball in the first half for an easy try.

Pigskin

Juniors
NSW were by far the better side.

Given how the last 20 went, that non-sinbin was a massive decision.

Standard faire, enjoy it for now. Qld will smash the blues in game 2.

Oink !

MSIH

Bench
Should've won by more, but QLD are too good to get smashed. Mentally very strong, even when they're playing poorly.

The NSW forwards completely dominated their QLD counterparts.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Poor quality game I thought. Only one decent attacking move by each team in the whole game. Were any half backs on the field for either side? All that hype for that? SOO is so over rated.

MSIH

Bench
Poor quality game I thought. Only one decent attacking move by each team in the whole game. Were any half backs on the field for either side? All that hype for that? SOO is so over rated.

Ahh great, Debbie Downer's back again.

Do you enjoy anything about Rugby League?

aussie_q_factor

Juniors
NSW better team on the night - no dou
bt about it.

Qld were pedestrian for most of the game. NSW forwards completely dominated the Qld pack.. Hannant needs to come in ASAP.

Maroon4life

Juniors
NSW were the only ones playing origin football tonight. While they lack the skill & finesse of what this QLD team can potentially do they make up for it each year in enthusiasm and hunger to win & that was all they needed tonight.

QLD delivered nothing i couldn't see on a sunday afternoon from a team with no chance of making the 8. Mal & the staff have alot of work to do to get them ready for game 2.

Latest posts